Med's Done....
21-10-2021
Timeline:
Inland application
AOR : 7 Sept 2021
Request adult dependant child to complete IMM5406 : 8 Oct 2021
Medical passed: 21 Oct 2021
Request minor child to submit biometrics : 17 Nov 2021

Glad to see some movement on our file but anxious to have this process completed.

Does anybody know if the biometrics request is a good sign if all else is done and PPR will be soon or is it just 1 more hoop to jump through and be patient?

byteSizeBits

Star Member
Nov 15, 2021
Timeline:
Inland application
AOR : 7 Sept 2021
Request adult dependant child to complete IMM5406 : 8 Oct 2021
Medical passed: 21 Oct 2021
Request minor child to submit biometrics : 17 Nov 2021

Glad to see some movement on our file but anxious to have this process completed.

Does anybody know if the biometrics request is a good sign if all else is done and PPR will be soon or is it just 1 more hoop to jump through and be patient?
No one has any real idea what's happening, and anyone claiming otherwise is full of it. This thread is rampant with speculation and anxiety. Processing times could be determined by the agent processing the application as much as it could be the application itself. I think the best we can do is just sit back, relax, and wait because there's literally nothing else we can do. I have, in what I think, is a pretty simple application but I haven't had an update in a month. I can only assume they're reviewing my application, or not reviewing my application and prioritizing others, but there's no way of knowing or doing anything about it.

Here are the only things I am certain of:
1. CEC applications are being prioritized and are being reviewed.

Reactions: IF321 and flamingo8

aku1992

Sep 12, 2019
Yes we need, as per the requirement of express entry candidates.
I am a single inland cec applicant and haven’t submitted any birth certificate.. Is it mandatory or essential to submit it? ( am assuming birth certificate maybe be needed for spouse or dependant children but not for primary applicant or single applicant) please can someone confirm this ?

Naruto123

Oct 26, 2021
I am a single inland cec applicant and haven’t submitted any birth certificate.. Is it mandatory or essential to submit it? ( am assuming birth certificate maybe be needed for spouse or dependant children but not for primary applicant or single applicant) please can someone confirm this ?
I have confirmed with consultant he also told me same that we don’t need any birth certificate for single applicant

Reactions: aku1992

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
I saw in the requirement and I just uploaded it. May be you are right no need for a single applicant.

Zonalagate

Nov 16, 2021
No one has any real idea what's happening, and anyone claiming otherwise is full of it. This thread is rampant with speculation and anxiety. Processing times could be determined by the agent processing the application as much as it could be the application itself. I think the best we can do is just sit back, relax, and wait because there's literally nothing else we can do. I have, in what I think, is a pretty simple application but I haven't had an update in a month. I can only assume they're reviewing my application, or not reviewing my application and prioritizing others, but there's no way of knowing or doing anything about it.

Here are the only things I am certain of:
1. CEC applications are being prioritized and are being reviewed.
Good speculations, this is reality , every file is different and every person has different background. Even the visa offices work differently. Its always a dynamic situation. There are no predictions

lethaltaurus

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-09-2021
That's a good sign I think, mine just says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start processing your background check"
@sq96 my understanding other way around... like if "Your application is in progress...." then something happening. Actually same mine is in status since i started noticing like past one month... Anyway its good as long as if something happens..:)

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
@sq96 my understanding other way around... like if "Your application is in progress...." then something happening. Actually same mine is in status since i started noticing like past one month... Anyway its good as long as if something happens..:)
The background change to In Progress is getting delayed the overall process.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/your-application-is-in-progress-we-will-send-you-a-message-when-we-start-your-background-check-march-aor-2021.730483/

lethaltaurus

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-09-2021

Shreyas0987

Sep 22, 2021
Hi
My AOR is Sep 12, 2021. I am a CEC inland applicant. No updates on medical (old medical from 2017) and biometrics yet. I got two ghost updates, one with an email and another without email but when I logged in I saw application updated message but no update. My background check message has changed to "we will let you know when we start your background check".
I am just wondering if anyone in the same situation?

Thank you.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi
My AOR is Sep 12, 2021. I am a CEC inland applicant. No updates on medical (old medical from 2017) and biometrics yet. I got two ghost updates, one with an email and another without email but when I logged in I saw application updated message but no update. My background check message has changed to "we will let you know when we start your background check".
I am just wondering if anyone in the same situation?

Thank you.
Welcome friend!

"we will let you know when we start your background check" -- this means your Criminality check / PCC verification is running/started, Its called IP1 around here i believe.

I think your application has achieved MEP, they have not yet updated it on your portal.

Does IRCC has your old biometrics? Did you give biometrics before?
When did you get those GUs? As in date?

Lastly, what was the month of your medical in 2017? Some folks may have to do it again when IRCC asks.

Shreyas0987

Sep 22, 2021
Welcome friend!

"we will let you know when we start your background check" -- this means your Criminality check / PCC verification is running/started, Its called IP1 around here i believe.

I think your application has achieved MEP, they have not yet updated it on your portal.

Does IRCC has your old biometrics? Did you give biometrics before?
When did you get those GUs? As in date?

Lastly, what was the month of your medical in 2017? Some folks may have to do it again when IRCC asks.
Yes, they have my old biometric from 2019 and it shows the biometric number in the portal.
Well, actually I got 3 ghost updates, one on oct 14, second on Nov 10 and last one on Nov 15.
Medical was done in the month of May, 2017.