I am new here and have read most of the messages/concerns of this thread (CEC September 2021 AOR).
In my case, this is how it has been progressed so far -
- 1 Adult & 1 minor dependents
- Old Medicals - Nov 2019 & Jan 2020,
- ITA - Jul first week, 2021,
- AOR - Sep 1st week, 2021,
- I have seen 3 GUs but not sure if all qualify.
- Oct 2 - 1st official GU was when I received an official email
- Oct 27- Coincidently, when I was checking my profile I saw under status, it was written "Application/Profile updated"
- the other updates were - Background check - we are processing your, we will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Review of medical results-
- You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. (this never changed until today)
- Review of additional documents-
- We do not need additional documents. (this never changed until today)
- Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. (this never changed until today) Then later status changed to my current status - Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. (Foreign experience - more than 3 years, local experience 1.5 years)
Somehow I feel, it does not have any logic or set pattern. I know some people who never got any update and got approval & PR in 30-50 days.
One thing is sure, old medicals take extra time but it could vary from 15 days to 3 months, so here also I don't think any logic fits.
The fast cases which I have seen were processed during June - Sep 2021.
The recent case which I got to know is a single CEC applicant (AOR - 30 Sep), new medicals, got the portal email last week.
I really do not know if my application is following the similar pattern which has been discussed here, but one thing is sure, it is all luck. I have seen one rejection too, the case was similar to my case, with similar timelines, the CEC applicant forgot to attach, degree certificate of spouse, which had additional marks since it was a Canadian degree, and got a rejection email in 30 days.[/QUOTE]