Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-09-2021
Hi
My AOR is Sep 12, 2021. I am a CEC inland applicant. No updates on medical (old medical from 2017) and biometrics yet. I got two ghost updates, one with an email and another without email but when I logged in I saw application updated message but no update. My background check message has changed to "we will let you know when we start your background check".
I am just wondering if anyone in the same situation?

Thank you.
Is your medical cleared? normally more than year old medical might require latest medical... biometric valid for 10 years...

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yes, they have my old biometric from 2019 and it shows the biometric number in the portal.
Well, actually I got 3 ghost updates, one on oct 14, second on Nov 10 and last one on Nov 15.
Medical was done in the month of May, 2017.
Can I be honest with you?

I suppose I can...

You are fairly close to Portal mail. I think you will get one in few days.

There is one caveat. They may just ask for a re-med at worst.

Reactions: lethaltaurus

Shreyas0987

Sep 22, 2021
Is your medical cleared? normally more than year old medical might require latest medical... biometric valid for 10 years...
I applied during the temporary public policy exempting medical exam. It said, medical exam taken in the last 5 years is valid and I guess, mine is still valid.
I don’t have any update on the medical. The portal says we’ll let you know if you need a medical exam to be taken.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
No. There is a public policy that allows 5 year old medical if you have been inside canada since may/june 2020.

lethaltaurus

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-09-2021
Just got one more GU, not sure whether this is second or third but nothing changed in any category... BC is still 'We are processing your background check.:rolleyes: ....'

Shreyas0987

Sep 22, 2021
Can I be honest with you?

I suppose I can...

You are fairly close to Portal mail. I think you will get one in few days.

There is one caveat. They may just ask for a re-med at worst.
That’s a sigh of relief and I hope it turns out to be true except for the last part. Thank you

Reactions: GandiBaat

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Hi
My AOR is Sep 12, 2021. I am a CEC inland applicant. No updates on medical (old medical from 2017) and biometrics yet. I got two ghost updates, one with an email and another without email but when I logged in I saw application updated message but no update. My background check message has changed to "we will let you know when we start your background check".
I am just wondering if anyone in the same situation?

Thank you.
I have the same status as yours AOR 15 sep and Old Medical passed once then reverted back to default. Believe me the In Progress status for Background delays the process. There are only some for whom the Background status changed to In Progress and it's stuck for 45-60 days.
I hope we should get an update soon but seeing the In Progress trend nothing can be said. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/your-application-is-in-progress-we-will-send-you-a-message-when-we-start-your-background-check-march-aor-2021.730483/

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Hi All,

I am new here and have read most of the messages/concerns of this thread (CEC September 2021 AOR).
In my case, this is how it has been progressed so far -

• 1 Adult & 1 minor dependents
  • Old Medicals - Nov 2019 & Jan 2020,
  • ITA - Jul first week, 2021,
  • AOR - Sep 1st week, 2021,
  • I have seen 3 GUs but not sure if all qualify.
  • Oct 2 - 1st official GU was when I received an official email
  • Oct 27- Coincidently, when I was checking my profile I saw under status, it was written "Application/Profile updated"
    • the other updates were - Background check - we are processing your, we will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Review of medical results-
      • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. (this never changed until today)
      • Review of additional documents-
        • We do not need additional documents. (this never changed until today)
      • Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. (this never changed until today) Then later status changed to my current status - Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. (Foreign experience - more than 3 years, local experience 1.5 years)
Somehow I feel, it does not have any logic or set pattern. I know some people who never got any update and got approval & PR in 30-50 days.
One thing is sure, old medicals take extra time but it could vary from 15 days to 3 months, so here also I don't think any logic fits.
The fast cases which I have seen were processed during June - Sep 2021.
The recent case which I got to know is a single CEC applicant (AOR - 30 Sep), new medicals, got the portal email last week.
I really do not know if my application is following the similar pattern which has been discussed here, but one thing is sure, it is all luck. I have seen one rejection too, the case was similar to my case, with similar timelines, the CEC applicant forgot to attach, degree certificate of spouse, which had additional marks since it was a Canadian degree, and got a rejection email in 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I have the same status as yours AOR 15 sep and Old Medical passed once then reverted back to default. Believe me the In Progress status for Background delays the process. There are only some for whom the Background status changed to In Progress and it's stuck for 45-60 days.
I hope we should get an update soon but seeing the In Progress trend nothing can be said. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/your-application-is-in-progress-we-will-send-you-a-message-when-we-start-your-background-check-march-aor-2021.730483/
To be honest, there is no such standard. There is @psp1807 who got Portal mail with no updates at all!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
BTW all, I heard listening to this song helps getting PPR faster...

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Did your medical passed message revert on the same day ?

henilsarang

Sep 12, 2021
My background status is the same since the day I have applied
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Does that mean I am still stuck at eligibility ?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
My background status is the same since the day I have applied
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Does that mean I am still stuck at eligibility ?
The usual explaination is that outland folks have IP1 (progress) as their default message. Inland have IP2 (processing) as their default message. But then, its its all speculation...