+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - September 2018 AOR

manpreet_3153

Aug 27, 2018
Received the golden email - PPR received on 26th Feb 2019. Passport submitted to VFS Hyderabad on 28th Feb 2019. How long is the processing time for stamping in New Delhi? I have another visa to apply and the travel date is 21st March, will I be able to get my passport before that?

AOR: 20th September 2018
First Update (Medical Passed): Oct 2018
Ghost Update: Dec 2018
Ghost Update 2: Jan 2019
Additional documents required: 21st Jan 2019
CPCO mail received: 26th Feb 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShreNik03

jvm8

Jul 30, 2018
Congratulations! May I ask what additional documents they requested from you 4 months after your AOR?

Received the golden email - PPR received on 26th Feb 2019. Passport submitted to VFS Hyderabad on 28th Feb 2019. How long is the processing time for stamping in New Delhi? I have another visa to apply and the travel date is 21st March, will I be able to get my passport before that?

AOR: 20th September 2018
First Update (Medical Passed): Oct 2018
Ghost Update: Dec 2018
Ghost Update 2: Jan 2019
Additional documents required: 21st Jan 2019
CPCO mail received: 26th Feb 2019.

abhinav27

Aug 1, 2014
Hi Guys,

Need urgent help and advice! CIC requested for additional documents ( local police clearance certificate) on 13 Oct 2018 and submitted within a week.
Until last week the status on additional documents was : Processing my additional documents. But now it has been changed to " Not applicable". Did anyone received the same update? Status bar shows 19 days left !!

Ridiculous process and illiterate people sitting at CIC customer service... no good response from their end.

Would really appreciate your advice and responses.

Thanks in advance.

Jaspreet608

Oct 10, 2018
Guys, I received the following email from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Does that means I got my PR approved?

SUBJECT: Ready for Visa/ Prét pour Visa

Dear John Wester Soares Barbosa,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our department to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html .

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. To avoid complications with international travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months. Your passport must have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.

o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

If you are currently residing in Canada and you intend to travel by air to another country prior to becoming a permanent resident, you will be required to apply and obtain an eTA prior to boarding.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.

IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 8781
Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:

- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Regards,

Centralized Intake Office

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Government of Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Yeah, Congrats

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Well there goes 6 months processing time. Still nothing.

Info: UK citizen, CEC inland applicant. Dependants 1: Common Law
AOR: September 5th 2018

Onagiro

Jan 22, 2019
Well there goes 6 months processing time. Still nothing.

Info: UK citizen, CEC inland applicant. Dependants 1: Common Law
AOR: September 5th 2018
Have you called them up to check? I am also CEC inland, aor 23rd of September. Called last Friday and everything was approved. They told me just to wait for a further instructions. Maybe yours has been already approved as well.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Have you called them up to check? I am also CEC inland, aor 23rd of September. Called last Friday and everything was approved. They told me just to wait for a further instructions. Maybe yours has been already approved as well.
I have tried calling them so many times :( I usually get through to them after so many attempts but nope. I don't know if its because so many people are calling to check their application status.

I called them two weeks ago to change my address and asked about my status they said nothings changed. I've had no ghost updates. So depressing lol all this waiting and all the money I paid for this.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Also does it show approved when you log in online?

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Just a follow up. I called them they said its still in progress and there still doing some checks. How frickin long does it take to do these checks. My application was pretty simple or so I thought. Anyway maybe they will decline my application or something I have no idea whats going on. Phoning the people is like banging your head against a brick wall. They give you zero information and no timeline. Now I just wait I suppose......... Also FYI for anyone she did say that only 80% of applications get approved within 6 months.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Just a follow up. I called them they said its still in progress and there still doing some checks. How frickin long does it take to do these checks. My application was pretty simple or so I thought. Anyway maybe they will decline my application or something I have no idea whats going on. Phoning the people is like banging your head against a brick wall. They give you zero information and no timeline. Now I just wait I suppose......... Also FYI for anyone she did say that only 80% of applications get approved within 6 months.
Have you applied for GCMS notes yet? GCMS is the only way to know what's happening with your application and where along the process it's at.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Have you applied for GCMS notes yet? GCMS is the only way to know what's happening with your application and where along the process it's at.
How fast do you get them though? as everything seems to be so sloooooow