+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - September 2018 AOR

Jaspreet608

Oct 10, 2018
Has anyone seen the Application text change from :> "You may not hear from for little while............."

to :> "Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Not sure if I am over analyzing this and they are merely two generic messages. Any thoughts ?
I can see this same message in my profile

hannahacls88

Oct 17, 2018
Hi guys,

Mt work permit ends on April 11th. I was planning on applying for the bridging permit by the end of January. My estimated application completion date is March 17th.

Has anyone else thought about applying for it, or actually applied for it?

bruno5000

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
CEC
Hi guys,

Mt work permit ends on April 11th. I was planning on applying for the bridging permit by the end of January. My estimated application completion date is March 17th.

Has anyone else thought about applying for it, or actually applied for it?
I've applied for it but have yet to receive it. What is your current work permit under?

Oily Oyster

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
CEC
Hey guys,

Just received a "Confirmation of Permanent Residence Interview" email from my local IRCC office. Any insights/ideas on how I should prepare for my interview?

It lists the appointment (interrogation? lol) for an hour, so it admittedly has me a bit concerned.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

kekeu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
CEC
Hey guys,

Just received a "Confirmation of Permanent Residence Interview" email from my local IRCC office. Any insights/ideas on how I should prepare for my interview?

It lists the appointment (interrogation? lol) for an hour, so it admittedly has me a bit concerned.

Congratulations ! Based on what I have read across forums, I think it's just going to be landing interview :) so everything in 1 step instead of sending passport first and then landing.

What is your timeline and which Visa office sent you interview invite ?

Oily Oyster

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
CEC
Congratulations ! Based on what I have read across forums, I think it's just going to be landing interview :) so everything in 1 step instead of sending passport first and then landing.

What is your timeline and which Visa office sent you interview invite ?
Thanks! That makes me a bit relieved. That sounds efficient to do all of it in a single step.

My timeline was:

e-AOR: Late September
Medicals Passed: Late October (I'm guessing this is the time my status changed to IP2 as well)
CoPR Interview: Just now
IRCC Office: Calgary

Here's hoping the interview goes smoothly.

Last edited:

Damselchat

Oct 30, 2018
Hey guys,

Congratulations.. its about time :). My friend did has in November. She said they were basically gonna ask you about your current employment status.. in summary they are just going to reconfirm if some of the basic background information you included in your application correlate to your response during the landing interview.. but you dont have to be worried.. it's not a job interview :)
I hope this helps. Best of luck!!

Oily Oyster

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
CEC
Congratulations.. its about time :). My friend did has in November. She said they were basically gonna ask you about your current employment status.. in summary they are just going to reconfirm if some of the basic background information you included in your application correlate to your response during the landing interview.. but you dont have to be worried.. it's not a job interview :)
I hope this helps. Best of luck!!
Thanks! Finally, indeed...

Oh fantastic. I'm glad to hear it'll be a straightforward one. I guess, I'll be truly stress-free once it's done and behind me but this info does help a lot.