+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - September 2018 AOR

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
HI
My sister got AOR in SepSeptemband applied in October . She got her PR in DeceDecem.

Outland

Shalini Vats

Sep 7, 2018
Finally got first ghost update on 29th December and background check status changed to IP2 stage.. lets see how much more wait..

hannahacls88

Oct 17, 2018
Hi, guys just wanted to ask if all applicants will be asked to send in their passports? My Estimated completion date: March 17, 2019 was wondering if anyone would know how far in advance they ask for it? I'm CEC Inland

Last edited:
Reactions: abhinav27

Shalini Vats

Sep 7, 2018
Hi, guys just wanted to ask if all applicants will be asked to send in their passports? My Estimated completion date: March 17, 2019 was wondering if anyone would know how far in advance they ask for it? I'm CEC Inland
If you get a PPR mail which is passport request then only you will be sending your passports for stamping. As per my understanding the stamping process should also be completed within the estimated timeline. Mine timeline is upto 9th March. All the best.

Restew

Apr 19, 2017
If you get a PPR mail which is passport request then only you will be sending your passports for stamping. As per my understanding the stamping process should also be completed within the estimated timeline. Mine timeline is upto 9th March. All the best.
My estimated completion date is up to March 19th. Is that possible instead of sending my passport for stamping, get the stamp in the border and do the landing at the same time?

abhinav27

Aug 1, 2014
Hello,
I submitted all my documents on 19th Sept and paid all the fees upfront. Didn't hear anything since then. I read many articles and hear from friends of mine that it would be faster to receive the passport request if we pay the fees upfront. Also, it shows 12 weeks remaining on my status bar.

Is anyone going through same situation?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaspreet608

abhinav27

Aug 1, 2014
I have almost same date and same situation like you, did you receive passport request yet?

hannahacls88

Oct 17, 2018
Anyone here planning to apply GCMS notes ?
I applied for mine and got them a few weeks ago, it didn't state much but it's worth getting them. Even though my account states that the background check is in progress the notes implied that it had not been started yet. But that could just be because the person looking after my applications has not updated the notes. It did take around 30 days for the notes to arrive. There was nothing that raised any alarm bells for me.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I applied for mine and got them a few weeks ago, it didn't state much but it's worth getting them. Even though my account states that the background check is in progress the notes implied that it had not been started yet. But that could just be because the person looking after my applications has not updated the notes. It did take around 30 days for the notes to arrive. There was nothing that raised any alarm bells for me.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure even my file hadn't been touched so far by any VO other than medical officer.

paps_2018

Nov 16, 2018
Hello,
I submitted all my documents on 19th Sept and paid all the fees upfront. Didn't hear anything since then. I read many articles and hear from friends of mine that it would be faster to receive the passport request if we pay the fees upfront. Also, it shows 12 weeks remaining on my status bar.

Is anyone going through same situation?

Thanks in advance.
I submitted all docs on 11th Sep and paid the fees upfront as you did. But no PPR email yet, neither any ghost update. The wait is killing. :(

Shalini Vats

Sep 7, 2018
I submitted all docs on 11th Sep and paid the fees upfront as you did. But no PPR email yet, neither any ghost update. The wait is killing. :(
If you are still in the process timeline then dont worry and just wait for positive outcome. It seems they have heavy backlog and December month is slow.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I have my wife as my dependent on my CEC application which is still under process, my wife is outside Canada. Can she apply for a Visitor visa or a Spousal Open work permit to come to Canada while our CEC PR application is being processed ? Has anyone tried this approach ?

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
I noticed a ghost update in my account yesterday. No emails from CIC yet? did anyone else get a ghost update?