+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - September 2018 AOR

paps_2018

Nov 16, 2018
CEC 2 adult +1 child, wife and child in India but Express Entry applied from Canada as I am currently on Work permit at Canada.
AOR on 11 Sep 2018
Medical passed 5 Oct 2018
Never received any ghost update
I am worried as i see here people who got AOR after me got PPR end of October. when can i expect PPR?

Last edited:

kekeu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
CEC
I applied paper based earlier and also applied express entry(sorely cec, not pnp based) too

So thats strange huh??

Quite Strange.. You obviously have your reasons to apply twice fist PNP and then CEC but I think that might be slowing down the process too.

I would say call and check with them if your background check has been started yet or No.

My friend was May e-APR and did not get any updates after Medical Passed and got PPR in September. Same as yours, his background check did not start until 3-4 days before PPR. So really don't know how they process these applications

kekeu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
CEC
I am seeing September AOR getting PPR and most of them are FSW Outland category. No offence to them but CEC should have been faster than that :(

What are your thoughts ?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Well, that's disturbing, no doubt. But I guess that they have to maintain some balance between number of candidates in a particular category (CEC FSW PNP). But again, that's a "maybe"

saiash

Sep 17, 2013
CEC category, paid RPRF 1 month back and showing we are reviewing the additional documents (RPRF payment) you provided. Whether is it a normal process? Kindly share your thoughts

saboor175

Aug 14, 2017
CEC 2 adult +1 child, wife and child in India but Express Entry applied from Canada as I am currently on Work permit at Canada.
AOR on 11 Sep 2018
Medical passed 5 Oct 2018
Never received any ghost update
I am worried as i see here people who got AOR after me got PPR end of October. when can i expect PPR?
Same scenario with me. Just want to check that once we get our PPR request, submission of my passport would be in Canada VO and my family passport submission in India VO? m I correct?

jhhhhhhhhh

Nov 19, 2018
Hi everyone, I decided to sign up for an account on this site to share my experience. I got my PPR this past Friday, Nov 16. I'm a US Citizen living in Canada.

AOR: Sept 9. (Didn't get to MEP until some time in early October, at which point I seem to have suddenly gone to IP2! I never saw IP1.)

PPR: Nov 16. I just happened to open my IRCC account that afternoon (I hadn't opened it for a few weeks) and I noticed the "ghost update." I don't know when it happened, but around 3 pm I got the email!

As others have mentioned, the email address looks really weird and fake. My email came from:

CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

with the subject:
Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa

honestly, even the IRCC logo at the top looks somehow fake-y. But it's definitely legitimate! I sent my documents to Ottawa the next day.

I will go into implied status in Canada tomorrow (I applied for BOWP on Nov 17 and my current permit expires Nov 19) but from what I've read, it seems that once I have the COPR it is pretty straightforward to flagpole and land as a PR as long as I bring proof of implied status. I'm happy to share my experience with that if/when it happens; I hope in a few weeks!

paps_2018

Nov 16, 2018
I am seeing September AOR getting PPR and most of them are FSW Outland category. No offence to them but CEC should have been faster than that :(

What are your thoughts ?
Yes Agree. Even i knew that CEC is always processed first but i guess this time they might be changing some sequence. But I guess it depends on the VO.

paps_2018

Nov 16, 2018
Same scenario with me. Just want to check that once we get our PPR request, submission of my passport would be in Canada VO and my family passport submission in India VO? m I correct?
Yes correct. You will get passport request the same day. yours will be in Canada and your family passport submission in India.

Is your category CIC? when did you receive your AOR and MEP?

kekeu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone, I decided to sign up for an account on this site to share my experience. I got my PPR this past Friday, Nov 16. I'm a US Citizen living in Canada.

AOR: Sept 9. (Didn't get to MEP until some time in early October, at which point I seem to have suddenly gone to IP2! I never saw IP1.)

PPR: Nov 16. I just happened to open my IRCC account that afternoon (I hadn't opened it for a few weeks) and I noticed the "ghost update." I don't know when it happened, but around 3 pm I got the email!

As others have mentioned, the email address looks really weird and fake. My email came from:

CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

with the subject:

honestly, even the IRCC logo at the top looks somehow fake-y. But it's definitely legitimate! I sent my documents to Ottawa the next day.

I will go into implied status in Canada tomorrow (I applied for BOWP on Nov 17 and my current permit expires Nov 19) but from what I've read, it seems that once I have the COPR it is pretty straightforward to flagpole and land as a PR as long as I bring proof of implied status. I'm happy to share my experience with that if/when it happens; I hope in a few weeks!
Congratulations :)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018

with the subject:

Congratulations!!

cjbeans

Jul 16, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I second that: I had to double-check it wasn't a spam message, and did a Google search on the address before finding some confirmation it was legit.

Also US citizen, working in Canada (LMIA-exempt work permit until 11/30). Applied CEC Inland. Sole applicant; two (Canadian) dependents, so they were not part of the application.

AOR: September 7.
Applied for BOWP: September 15.
MEP: ~October 9.
IP1/IP2: Not entirely sure when these occurred.
Request for additional documents: November 7. Submitted documents November 8.
PPR: November 15.
PPR received by CPCO: November 19.
PPR return envelope activated: November 20.
BOWP in progress: November 19.

I was worried/concerned the CoPR was going to be issued before the work permit considering when I got PPR. Planned to wait & see what happened with CoPR (if I have time to land before current work permit expires). Just checked myCIC again while writing this and apparently the BOWP was granted November 19 as well. *facepalm* Out the money for the permit, but at least I know I have status prior to/until landing.

EDIT: Added the PPR-related dates.

Last edited:

kekeu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
CEC
I second that: I had to double-check it wasn't a spam message, and did a Google search on the address before finding some confirmation it was legit.

Also US citizen, working in Canada (LMIA-exempt work permit until 11/30). Applied CEC Inland. Sole applicant; two (Canadian) dependents, so they were not part of the application.

AOR: September 7.
Applied for BOWP: September 15.
MEP: ~October 9.
IP1/IP2: Not entirely sure when these occurred.
Request for additional documents: November 7. Submitted documents November 8.
PPR: November 15.
PPR received by CPCO: November 19.
PPR return envelope activated: November 20.
BOWP in progress: November 19.

I was worried/concerned the CoPR was going to be issued before the work permit considering when I got PPR. Planned to wait & see what happened with CoPR (if I have time to land before current work permit expires). Just checked myCIC again while writing this and apparently the BOWP was granted November 19 as well. *facepalm* Out the money for the permit, but at least I know I have status prior to/until landing.

EDIT: Added the PPR-related dates.

Congratulations !! You gave us hope that they are looking at CEC applications too. Otherwise all the applications issued PPR were FSW Outland for quite some time now

Reactions: Damselchat

Simmy123

Nov 23, 2018
Hello, I applied with my son that is not with me in Canada.

CEC category.

Sept 30th AOR.

Medical passed- October 30th

IP1- October 30th

1P2- November 3rd

ADR (for my son)— November 16th

PPR (for my son) —— November 20th.

What’s confusing is that, I’ve not received PPR mail for myself. I’ve been checking my spam folder but nothing yet.

Has anybody had this experience before or explain to me what’s going on? because it’s somehow confusing.

Thanks,

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi All,

I just got my PPR email this morning and I’m in a pickle! So, here’s the thing. I’m CEC Inland applicant, in Toronto. I have a WP expiring in 2020. I had to travel India for holidays and would be flying on December 8th.
If I send my document with everything by tomorrow morning(Tuesday), can I expected it back from CIC, before my flight, considering the Canada post strike?
Anyone who’s submitted in recent times?

Regards