+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC remote work

hooper

Aug 20, 2022
I was about to YOLO with 2 months out of canada remote work but just decided to wait an extra 2 months.

ashwinpal

Oct 21, 2021
I was about to YOLO with 2 months out of canada remote work but just decided to wait an extra 2 months.
Hi @hooper,are you planning to show those 2 months of remote work as a separate experience or just have one row in work history with Canada as the location of work and apply once you have 14 months?

hooper

Aug 20, 2022
Hi @hooper,are you planning to show those 2 months of remote work as a separate experience or just have one row in work history with Canada as the location of work and apply once you have 14 months?
Continuous experience. If they calculate the hours, they would get something >1560 hours after excluding my trips and remote work outside Canada.

Reactions: ashwinpal

lxsunrain

Apr 7, 2020
I have the similar question but may be a little bit different. I am currently working remotely in Ontario, Canada with work permit. BUT my employer is a US company. I have T4 but I find that on T4 - company address is US address and Province of Employment is ON. Is this counted as CEC work experience?

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
You would have to ask someone who has been approved under CEC with remote work. I haven't seen that and don't know the answer.
Hi,
I’m also working remotely at home. In my post-ITA under Work History, should work address be my home or company? I think personal activity should definitely be my home address, but confused about work history address.

thank you.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Hi,
I’m also working remotely at home. In my post-ITA under Work History, should work address be my home or company? I think personal activity should definitely be my home address, but confused about work history address.

thank you.
Personally I put company address (Canadian city A) there because it’s directly under the company’s name, and then I put (work from home in xx home Canadian city B) in the second line of the address.
personal history I put home address there and put a bracket (company is physically located in Canadian city A)
Got eCOPR on Apr 18.

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Personally I put company address (Canadian city A) there because it’s directly under the company’s name, and then I put (work from home in xx home Canadian city B) in the second line of the address.
personal history I put home address there and put a bracket (company is physically located in Canadian city A)
Got eCOPR on Apr 18.
Thank you for the tips. And congrats :)

Reactions: cz999

satreg123

Feb 18, 2023
I am in the same boat as you. I worked from outside Canada for 6-months but i have the Canadian paystubs to prove the experience.
I was thinking of submitting the profile regardless, they might reject it but its worth taking a try instead of not applying and waiting for 6 more months. What did you do now? you already submitted the profile but if you receive an ITA, are you going to accept it?
What happened to your case? Approved??

Reactions: classico33

classico33

Jul 4, 2023
I am in a similar situation too. Left Canada in April 21 and came back in August 21 (a little over 3 months away from Canada). I was working the whole time from my home country (except for the 2 weeks I was on vacation). I am planning on explaining that I have made every effort to return to Canada after my vacation but couldn't because of the travel restrictions.

Since it was not voluntary, I'm thinking there might be an exception. But it seems it was about 7+ months in your case. So, hard to say if you can make that case.
Hey I'm in a similar situation now. What did you end up doing? Your answer will really help me _/\_

classico33

Jul 4, 2023
I am in a similar situation too. Left Canada in April 21 and came back in August 21 (a little over 3 months away from Canada). I was working the whole time from my home country (except for the 2 weeks I was on vacation). I am planning on explaining that I have made every effort to return to Canada after my vacation but couldn't because of the travel restrictions.

Since it was not voluntary, I'm thinking there might be an exception. But it seems it was about 7+ months in your case. So, hard to say if you can make that case.
I am in the same boat as you. I worked from outside Canada for 6-months but i have the Canadian paystubs to prove the experience.
I was thinking of submitting the profile regardless, they might reject it but its worth taking a try instead of not applying and waiting for 6 more months. What did you do now? you already submitted the profile but if you receive an ITA, are you going to accept it?
Hey I'm in a similar situation now. What did you end up doing? Your answer will really help me _/\_

classico33

Jul 4, 2023
Hi all,

I just came across this thread and I am shocked because I had no idea. I already accepted my invite 20 days ago and finished medicals and gathering other documents now.

Out of 12 months experience I submitted, 3 months were from a company in Canada. The other 9 months are from my current company based in Canada. In those 9 months, I worked 5 months remote from another country (India) and continuing to work from Canada since July '22. Now how do I update the profile since I already accepted the invite ? I still need 5 months work exp in Canada to get 12 month exp. Please help me out here.

classico33

Jul 4, 2023
of course, I'll do that. When I created the profile, it did not ask me whether the experience was in Canada or not, I just filled in general info like NOC, title, Start date (still working at the same company), address, etc. but in the travel history, I will definitely put the correct dates.

Do you think it would be a good idea to have an explanation letter? like why I had to travel and so on
Hey Aqas, I'm in a similar situation now. What did you end up doing? Your answer will really help me _/\_