+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Refusal on NOC 2171

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Its not 70-80% matching as per main duties listed on NOC website for these specific codes. Your refusal letter has two parts - 1 year exp stuff - already explained just above and second part is your job duties not inline with their main duties...
Its from cec requirements

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. Please check the requirements from CIC

Minimum requirements
You must

• meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability
    • writing
    • reading
    • listening
    • speaking
  • have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply, and the work experience must be:
    • full-time, or
    • an equal amount in part-time
  • have gained your work experience by working in Canada legally
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification, skilled work experience means:
  • managerial jobs (skill level 0)
  • professional jobs (skill type A)
  • technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type B)
Your work experience can be in 1 or more NOC 0, A or B jobs.

You must show that you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the National Occupational Classification. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html#minimum

Can you please share the link for your mentioned Extract from CIC
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
refer point 6.

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Yes I also agree as I mentioned in first point. But if one claims points for foreign exp then it must be in only one occupation.
Your lawyer is not right bro, hes probably scammer
Can I count both high-skilled and low-skilled experience toward the work experience required to apply under the Canadian Experience Class?
No. You can only count wtork experience in one or more of these 2016 National Occupational Classification (NOC) categories:

• Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations),
  • Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
  • Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades), except for the six ineligible occupations (listed below).

amit789

May 19, 2015

6) Work Experience

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?
It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).
Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.
"Skilled work" in the NOC is:
  • managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0)
  • professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A)
  • technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B)
If you aren’t sure of the NOC level for this job, you can find your NOC.
Select... None or less than a year 1 year 2 years 3 years 4 years 5 years or more
ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)

This is applicable for the FSW applications. I was invited under CEC

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Magic , bro
CEC applicants must:

• Have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equivalent in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada within the last three years. This experience must have been obtained while on a valid work permit and needs to be in one or more occupations classified as skill type 0, A or B under the National Occupational Classification (NOC). The one year of experience can be gained in two different NOC codes, so long as they are skilled positions and the work experience is gained legally;

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Yes, we can definitely have multiple NOC's (0,A or B) for CEC, but for each experience sufficient job duties & eligibility evidence needs to be provided. For e.g. If I wroked in Canada in NOC X (6 months), NOC Y ( 3 months) and NOC Z (last 3 months and continuing)
So, the first requirement is X, Y and Z must fall under NOC 0, A and B. And second requirement, candidate must provided sufficeint evidence for each NOC to claim that.
Now while submitting evidence, I have provided sufficient proof for NOC X and NOC Z time period. But for NOC Y time period, for whatever reason ( this also has few criterias ) officer does not satisfied with NOC Y experience letter. beacuse of which VO will exclude this period from your experince marking this 3 months exp not qualifying skilled (noc 0,A,B) job exp. This means I would short by 3 months and hence not eligible for 1 year CEC.
Please trust CIC officers, they would never make mistake on putting refusal reasons. I sincerely respect everyone opinion and interpretations. I just mentioned based on my undertanding after talking to someone having expertise in all these matters.
In Amit's case this is what exactly happened.( in first paragraph of refusal letter)

Reactions: raj20182018

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Magic , bro
CEC applicants must:

• Have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equivalent in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada within the last three years. This experience must have been obtained while on a valid work permit and needs to be in one or more occupations classified as skill type 0, A or B under the National Occupational Classification (NOC). The one year of experience can be gained in two different NOC codes, so long as they are skilled positions and the work experience is gained legally;
Please see my reply to @raj20182018 . There is no question on someone having multiple NOC's worked in one company or multiple companies. No issues in that.

Reactions: nat.abramovich

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
6) Work Experience

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?
Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.
Select... None or less than a year 1 year 2 years 3 years 4 years 5 years or more
ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)

If someone claims this point, then he has to meet eligibility criteria and provide sufficient evidence. It just means that it is optional for CEC. It doesnot mean CEC applicant having 2.5 years of foreign exp can select 3 and more years exp to increase points and does not have to provide any proof. All these factors are points associated with it. Based on CEC vs FSW few criterias become optional or mandatory. Same goes for Education requirements for CEC. There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. But if someone is claiming this to improve his score to cross cutoff , he have to provide sufficient evidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: nat.abramovich

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Yes, we can definitely have multiple NOC's (0,A or B) for CEC, but for each experience sufficient job duties & eligibility evidence needs to be provided. For e.g. If I wroked in Canada in NOC X (6 months), NOC Y ( 3 months) and NOC Z (last 3 months and continuing)
So, the first requirement is X, Y and Z must fall under NOC 0, A and B. And second requirement, candidate must provided sufficeint evidence for each NOC to claim that.
Now while submitting evidence, I have provided sufficient proof for NOC X and NOC Z time period. But for NOC Y time period, for whatever reason ( this also has few criterias ) officer does not satisfied with NOC Y experience letter. beacuse of which VO will exclude this period from your experince marking this 3 months exp not qualifying skilled (noc 0,A,B) job exp. This means I would short by 3 months and hence not eligible for 1 year CEC.
Please trust CIC officers, they would never make mistake on putting refusal reasons. I sincerely respect everyone opinion and interpretations. I just mentioned based on my undertanding after talking to someone having expertise in all these matters.
In Amit's case this is what exactly happened.( in first paragraph of refusal letter)
If someone claims this point, then he has to meet eligibility criteria and provide sufficient evidence. Same goes for Education requirements for CEC. There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. But if someone is claiming this to improve his score to cross cutoff , he have to provide sufficient evidence.
so basically he. Claimed that he had 12 month,but could not prove that experience with proper employmenter letters / duties and etc.?

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
6) Work Experience

I completely understand you position. If I would be in your position, I also probably looking for facts from CIC to justify my application. Please understand CIC does not refuse applications in very high number, where there is a any chance of overlook or error from their side. They completely know what they are doing. And I strongly believe they do double check before deciding to refuse (atleast for rejections).

There are various factors, we sometimes overlook key things not these CIC officers. They check each evidence thoroughly for claimed points, and then look case holistically before taking decision.
For e.g. one having overall exp of 3 years showed that he is working in 0213 job code, and provides jobs and duties (matching 100% as per NOC duties) in proper company letter as per CIC format.
This will be refused and applicant will have no clue as what went wrong. Every job code has employment requirements, that also needs to be met. Trust me my friend many people overlook these things.
For 0213 Employment requirements
  • A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration, commerce or engineering is usually required.
  • Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.
My humble submission to you is verify each aspects thoroughly and do retro before taking next step. My intent is to just give all possible pointers. Please note right NOC selection is one the most imp thing and many factors (one job with frequent promotions, mix of skilled and non skilled exp etc...) plays vital role in determination. There is no one standard formula to determine as each individual overall career exp is different. I may not able to discuss this here, its a very lengthy topic.
However, if you are confident that this is a mistake at their side then you can always pursue reconsideration of your application with commenting against each reasons in refusal letter in LOE.
I think I said all that I had. Good luck!!!

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I completely understand you position. If I would be in your position, I also probably looking for facts from CIC to justify my application. Please understand CIC does not refuse applications in very high number, where there is a any chance of overlook or error from their side. They completely know what they are doing. And I strongly believe they do double check before deciding to refuse (atleast for rejections).

There are various factors, we sometimes overlook key things not these CIC officers. They check each evidence thoroughly for claimed points, and then look case holistically before taking decision.
For e.g. one having overall exp of 3 years showed that he is working in 0213 job code, and provides jobs and duties (matching 100% as per NOC duties) in proper company letter as per CIC format.
This will be refused and applicant will have no clue as what went wrong. Every job code has employment requirements, that also needs to be met. Trust me my friend many people overlook these things.
For 0213 Employment requirements
  • A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration, commerce or engineering is usually required.
  • Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.
My humble submission to you is verify each aspects thoroughly and do retro before taking next step. My intent is to just give all possible pointers. Please note right NOC selection is one the most imp thing and many factors (one job with frequent promotions, mix of skilled and non skilled exp etc...) plays vital role in determination. There is no one standard formula to determine as each individual overall career exp is different. I may not able to discuss this here, its a very lengthy topic.
However, if you are confident that this is a mistake at their side then you can always pursue reconsideration of your application with commenting against each reasons in refusal letter in LOE.
I think I said all that I had. Good luck!!!
This is not true. . Employment requirements are not a requirement for PR applications. I will recommend you visit canada.ca and check the program requirements before positng in this group.

"Work experience need not be continuous under the CEC.

Applicants do not have to be employed at the time of application, but they must have temporary status during the qualifying period of work experience acquired in Canada [R87.1(3)(c)].

The “Employment Requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description are not applicable."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html