+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Refusal on NOC 2171

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
CEC Requirements

Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)].

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have:

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)].
Any period of employment when the applicant was engaged in full-time study will not be included in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., work experience gained through co-op work permits, off-campus work permits while a full-time student and on-campus work permits). [R87.1(3)(a)].

raymondzsy

May 2, 2019
How's mine? does that aline with NOC 2171 to you ?

 Develop and implement automation policies and continuous integration/continuous deployment procedures throughout the software development life cycle for applications under <xxx> department to maximize their efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality;

 Partner with <yyy>, to determine best mix of development, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives;

 Analyze current technology or software utilized within the department and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them;

 Provide direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs on Development and DevOps Technology Infrastructure;

 Mentor and train other quality assurance engineers throughout the department and seek to continually improve processes department wide; and

 Use open source technologies and modern tools to accomplish specific use cases of the team, such as automating existing and regularly-running manual jobs.

anmol1190

Aug 24, 2020
Hi i have 2.5 years of work experience as a Manager in Services business but during the same time i have around 1.2 months in different NOC as part time. They overlap. Can i consider it as 3 years of experience. Both NOC are eligible.
Thanks

wuyitongXX

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
But I am confused why my refusal letter doesn't state that the problem was with my foreign work exp. letter. I am trying to understand what the exact reason of the refusal was. The letter is not very clear to me.
Can you copy paste the duties of NOC2171 in your reference letter and share them with us?

wuyitongXX

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
The real question is the reason for refusal which is still unclear
NOC2171 and IT project manager look like a mismatch to me. The essence of 2171 is information system ANALYSIS, which is to enhance the operation of information system.

While the essence of IT Project Coordinator is on a project-to-project basis. the key is project management which is different from NOC2171.

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi i have 2.5 years of work experience as a Manager in Services business but during the same time i have around 1.2 months in different NOC as part time. They overlap. Can i consider it as 3 years of experience. Both NOC are eligible.
No. If your part-time work was done at the same time as the full-time work, no, there will be no benefit to claiming the part-time work experience. Full-time is just full-time. Doesn't matter if you work 30, 40, or 80 hours in a week, whether it is in one, two or more jobs, it is still just one part-time week.