+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

jm1980

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
yes they had my Indian address when I applied for PR that makes me CEC Outlander

I think some of our files got mixed up with CEC inland files , I assume they are trying to separate our files and send them to Local visa offices . So , we receive PPR from local visa offices in our country (this is just my assumption , I could be wrong .
Hi there! One more question, did they confirm in the email that you were approved or mention it at all? And another question actually, when did your medical exam expire or did it? Thanks!

Sichan Seong

Jun 23, 2021
I am also outlander who received same portal email but didn't get response with ID and password.
I am also wondered when I can get COPR and land into Canada.

Reactions: Tivativalu

kumar-ca

Feb 14, 2021
Hi there! One more question, did they confirm in the email that you were approved or mention it at all? And another question actually, when did your medical exam expire or did it? Thanks!
They didn't mention my file got approved in the email , they just said we are at the end of the process with my application and need to know if i am inland or outland
i replied as per their request

Reactions: kpIN2CAN and jm1980

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
I am also outlander who received same portal email but didn't get response with ID and password.
I am also wondered when I can get COPR and land into Canada.
Did they send you a PDF with instructions? the last section is "If you're outside Canada". You have to reply telling them you're outside canada and with the list of info they requested. They say they will send you the required documents to travel to Canada when you tell them that you are outside. I am guessing next step is PPR.

Reactions: kpIN2CAN
Jul 10, 2021
What's your AOR? As all the CEC files are processed in Ottawa, I'd say they're going to send an email to everyone to see where they're based before directing the files to the local offices. It seems as though quite a few people got that email recently that are outland.

Jul 10, 2021
Did they send you a PDF with instructions? the last section is "If you're outside Canada". You have to reply telling them you're outside canada and with the list of info they requested. They say they will send you the required documents to travel to Canada when you tell them that you are outside. I am guessing next step is PPR.
Do you have a screenshot of what it says in that section?

Reactions: jm1980

Sichan Seong

Jun 23, 2021

They sent email to my agency as below,

Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have review the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document.

Bienvenue dans le traitement de confirmation du portail de confirmation de la résidence permanente. Le fichier PDF ci-joint contient des renseignements et des instructions sur le traitement du portail de confirmation pour votre révision. Une fois que vous avez révisé le document, cliquez sur Répondre pour envoyer les renseignements demandés dans le document.

Virtual Landing Unit
Operations Support Centre, Centralized Network
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada
IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Do you have a screenshot of what it says in that section?
"If you are outside Canada: If you are currently outside Canada, you cannot be landed using the PR Portal (PR Confirmation). It is important that you let us know by replying to this email. We can then ensure that you have any documents you might need to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident."

Reactions: Srisundarcan
Jul 10, 2021
"If you are outside Canada: If you are currently outside Canada, you cannot be landed using the PR Portal (PR Confirmation). It is important that you let us know by replying to this email. We can then ensure that you have any documents you might need to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident."
Happy days. They've changed it so.

Reactions: Srisundarcan