+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

Jul 10, 2021
Not sure if you guys have seen this on the Website but it looks like we can travel into Canada (when the borders ease) and wait in Canada until the application is complete. They're getting through the applications in Canada for CEC quite quickly. I sent a webform to request my application to be sent to Vancouver to be finalized and now awaiting a response. Surely if we can prove that we have enough funds to support ourselves it wouldn't be an issue.

I do know though that you'd have to book a return flight just incase.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1018&top=16

Reactions: mdqueen

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Not sure if you guys have seen this on the Website but it looks like we can travel into Canada (when the borders ease) and wait in Canada until the application is complete. They're getting through the applications in Canada for CEC quite quickly. I sent a webform to request my application to be sent to Vancouver to be finalized and now awaiting a response. Surely if we can prove that we have enough funds to support ourselves it wouldn't be an issue.

I've seen this too, but I really just want ppr so that I can lay out and plan on really getting settled once in for all in Canada: job, appt, service contracts, etc. I'd be just spending money if I go as a tourist, especially in Vancouver.

SameerNazeer

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020

If they can give us tourist visa, why don't they give us PR instead..Is the spreading of pandemic that holding them back right..

Reactions: PlUrb

kumar-ca

Feb 14, 2021
Hello everyone
My AOR Mar 12th , I am CEC outland , today I received portal email to send in the details if I live inside Canada , they gave me another option , If I currently live outside Canada , let us know by email which I am currently .

Did it happen to anyone ?
what did you do in this case ?
what happened after you replied telling them you are outside Canada ?

any responses would be highly appreciated , thank you .

Reactions: Canex17 and mdqueen

kumar-ca

Feb 14, 2021
Sorry guys , was busy.

I'm from Nigeria and i got the email for confirmation portal last night
I received portal email too, but i live outside Canada .
what did you do in your case , did you just reply by saying your family members are outside Canada , did you receive any response back from them ?

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
Hello everyone
My AOR Mar 12th , I am CEC outland , today I received portal email to send in the details if I live inside Canada , they gave me another option , If I currently live outside Canada , let us know by email which I am currently .

Did it happen to anyone ?
what did you do in this case ?
what happened after you replied telling them you are outside Canada ?

any responses would be highly appreciated , thank you .
i would suggest to inform them your exact situation, they will guide you.

mdqueen

Aug 8, 2021

yeah! this is great, let us know what they reply.