Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21
Not sure if you guys have seen this on the Website but it looks like we can travel into Canada (when the borders ease) and wait in Canada until the application is complete. They're getting through the applications in Canada for CEC quite quickly. I sent a webform to request my application to be sent to Vancouver to be finalized and now awaiting a response. Surely if we can prove that we have enough funds to support ourselves it wouldn't be an issue.

I do know though that you'd have to book a return flight just incase.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1018&top=16
Would you even have to prove you have the funds? Surely you can just enter as a tourist and get the 6 month visitor visa.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Not sure if you guys have seen this on the Website but it looks like we can travel into Canada (when the borders ease) and wait in Canada until the application is complete. They're getting through the applications in Canada for CEC quite quickly. I sent a webform to request my application to be sent to Vancouver to be finalized and now awaiting a response. Surely if we can prove that we have enough funds to support ourselves it wouldn't be an issue.

I do know though that you'd have to book a return flight just incase.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1018&top=16
There's no guarantee they'll process it faster if you are inland. Once the restrictions ease, and tourists can enter, the question of whether you are already in Canada or not becomes negligible with regard to issuing COPR. If you do go as a tourist I don't expect they'll ask for proof of funds, but you will likely need to have a return flight booked at the very least... they also might ask the reason you intend to stay up to 6 months. If you can work remotely it might be a worthwhile option, but it's a risk otherwise, imo.

Also, afaik, they will not send applications to another office simply at the request of the applicant.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
is it a portal email where they are asking if you are inland or outland?
Yes it was a PDF saying my PR applicaiton is approved and instructions for portal and the last section it says "if you're outside canada", and says you cannot do landing through portal and to reply to the email with the information they requested (list of things they have). They basically ask when you're planning on coming back if you're outside canada, and other general info.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
I did answer "As soon as possible" haha
Ya. :D I just meant it's a stupid question for them to ask. Once they allow us we will go. Seems like an unecessary step to ask us when we will go when we are still waiting to be given the permission to do so.

kpIN2CAN

Jul 14, 2021
CEC outland, COR - India, AOR - july 2020, Got a portal email from IRCC today, asking for my details like name, uci, email, etc. and also to let them know if I was currently living outside Canada. I have responded as requested. I shall let you guys know of any developments or if I receive any further requests form IRCC like remedical, additional documents request, or whatever.
Looks like they may have started working on our files. So hope for the best.
Note (Prior to today - whenever I called IRCC they said your application is at CPC Ottawa, but I received this email from Calgary, so looks like they are redistributing the files so keep your faith)

cecoutlanduser123

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
CEC outland, COR - India, AOR - july 2020, Got a portal email from IRCC today, asking for my details like name, uci, email, etc. and also to let them know if I was currently living outside Canada. I have responded as requested. I shall let you guys know of any developments or if I receive any further requests form IRCC like remedical, additional documents request, or whatever.
Note (Prior to today - whenever I called IRCC they said your application is at CPC Ottawa, but I received this email from Calgary, so looks like they are redistributing the files so keep your faith)
I hope you get PPR soon!! Please let us know

jm1980

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Pp
Thanks for sharing. When was your medical expired? I'm july 2020 too

kumar-ca

Feb 14, 2021
Hi , I received same portal email too , My AOR is Mar 12th , 2021 , CEC Outland

I responded saying ,that I am currently living outside Canada
haven't received any response yet .
I saw same thing one of the members posted in this thread few weeks ago ,

please keep us updated if you here anything from them , will do the same .

all the best

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
Hi , I received same portal email too , My AOR is Mar 12th , 2021 , CEC Outland

I responded saying ,that I am currently living outside Canada
haven't received any response yet .
I saw same thing one of the members posted in this thread few weeks ago ,

please keep us updated if you here anything from them , will do the same .

all the best
Congratulations on your email . One question , have u already update that u r outside Canada while applying ?
Even then you are getting this email asking where you are , is that right ?

Reactions: kpIN2CAN

kumar-ca

Feb 14, 2021
Congratulations on your email . One question , have u already update that u r outside Canada while applying ?
Even then you are getting this email asking where you are , is that right ?

yes they had my Indian address when I applied for PR that makes me CEC Outlander

I think some of our files got mixed up with CEC inland files , I assume they are trying to separate our files and send them to Local visa offices . So , we receive PPR from local visa offices in our country (this is just my assumption , I could be wrong .

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
yes they had my Indian address when I applied for PR that makes me CEC Outlander

I think some of our files got mixed up with CEC inland files , I assume they are trying to separate our files and send them to Local visa offices . So , we receive PPR from local visa offices in our country (this is just my assumption , I could be wrong .
As far as I know all cec files will be processed inland, sometimes Ottawa issues ppr even for Outland or Outland files transferred to local vo for ppr and copr .

Hope u get the ppr soon . We all land before this year end