Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21
Hey fellow outlanders, it looks like they are finally starting to process our applications, I have been asked to do a medical again. I had previously done one before applying and it will expire on december 2nd. My AOR is 15th December 2020 and stream is CEC OUTLAND!!

kirsteeee

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
UK
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21
Hey fellow outlanders, it looks like they are finally starting to process our applications, I have been asked to do a medical again. I had previously done one before applying and it will expire on december 2nd. My AOR is 15th December 2020 and stream is CEC OUTLAND!!
Also, I got my GCMS notes last week and it said I had been approved and passed but on hold due to border being closed... (that update was in March)

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Good news! Any idea why they are asking for a remed with almost 4 months before the existing exam expires?

kirsteeee

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
UK
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21
Good news! Any idea why they are asking for a remed with almost 4 months before the existing exam expires?
yeah, good question. In the GCMS notes meds were passed and all OK. On another thread people seem to think it is in case the border doesn't open in September and then they issue me copr and my meds expire - this kinda makes sense but I am gutted I didn't get an extension on the meds like it seems a lot of people have - it's a pretty expensive thing to have to do again.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
yeah, good question. In the GCMS notes meds were passed and all OK. On another thread people seem to think it is in case the border doesn't open in September and then they issue me copr and my meds expire - this kinda makes sense but I am gutted I didn't get an extension on the meds like it seems a lot of people have - it's a pretty expensive thing to have to do again.
Ya. I got a remed request a year ago... in the middle of the pandemic. I've completed and passed 2 medicals now, but the remed will expire soon. I will be extremely disappointed if they ask me to do a 3rd medical instead of applying an extension. Otherwise, imo, they shouldn't have requested a remed until they were sure they could process the application.

kirsteeee

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
UK
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21
Ya. I got a remed request a year ago... in the middle of the pandemic. I've completed and passed 2 medicals now, but the remed will expire soon. I will be extremely disappointed if they ask me to do a 3rd medical instead of applying an extension. Otherwise, imo, they shouldn't have requested a remed until they were sure they could process the application.
Oh wow, that sucks, sorry to hear that. Yeah it isn't really fair, it isn't our fault that there are delays, especially annoying when you check the processing times online before applying and it always said 6 months, so an upfront medical seemed the best thing to do.

Reactions: Canex17

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Hey guys! does anyone know about gcms notes taking over 75 days? I requested through a representitve (justcanada) and they requested updates twice but no answer from IRCC. Is it normal to take this long? on their website it says you can request info if it takes more than 30 days but whats the point if they dont reply..

the representitive also said they had clients who received the gcms notes and had applied on the same day/after me but not mine.

kirsteeee

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
UK
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21
Hey guys! does anyone know about gcms notes taking over 75 days? I requested through a representitve (justcanada) and they requested updates twice but no answer from IRCC. Is it normal to take this long? on their website it says you can request info if it takes more than 30 days but whats the point if they dont reply..

the representitive also said they had clients who received the gcms notes and had applied on the same day/after me but not mine.
have you seen this thread: - not super clear - but seems possible it can take a long time?

Here they say there can be an extension after 30 days but they have to inform you if there is an extension - which is a max of 30 days extra :/
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=464&top=1

Reactions: zm95

kirsteeee

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
UK
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21
Large volume as in multiple applicants? i'm the sole applicant. Requested 20th of May, update request July 1st, and second update request was apparently sent 2 weeks ago. No answer at all.

has anyone ever used JustCanada to request gcms notes?
large volume as in just a lot of notes maybe?
Do you mean Justforcanada? I used justforcanada and they were great, I got mine in less than 30 days.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
large volume as in just a lot of notes maybe?
Do you mean Justforcanada? I used justforcanada and they were great, I got mine in less than 30 days.
yes justforcanada oops. When did you request notes if I may ask?

weird that they would have lots of notes on my file. I was barely asked for any documents. Just passport, medical, proof of employment, canadian degree and digital photo. Not even criminal records or biometrics since i was living in canada since before i was 18 and had given my biometrics in the last 10 years.

kirsteeee

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
UK
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21
yes justforcanada oops. When did you request notes if I may ask?

weird that they would have lots of notes on my file. I was barely asked for any documents. Just passport, medical, proof of employment, canadian degree and digital photo. Not even criminal records or biometrics since i was living in canada since before i was 18 and had given my biometrics in the last 10 years.
My request was submitted on the 15th of July.

TonyPayne

Nov 22, 2020
Spread positive news in the forum. Already everyone are waiting eagerly for final approvals. Already Principal Inland , Dependent outlands are getting PPR request.
Quick question, for CEC principal applicant inland and dependent Outland - I know the principal applicant (inland) will do a virtual landing , will the depends still need to send their hardcopy passport in their home country ? do you know?