+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Is anyone else considering travelling as a tourist to Canada after the 7th September and waiting for the visa there? I can work remotely so I'm considering it.
I have been seriously considering it. Especially just in case something else happens again in the future. Lockdowns/ cases increase or who knows etc. the only thing I’m curious about if flights be become more affordable come sep/ oct cause that’s a factor as well. I’m just so ready to make the move like all of us. Over waiting with no updates/ information
Seems like a risk when there's no real evidence that it will speed up receipt of COPR. Also, a tourist visa lasts for 6 months iirc and, while I hope we get our COPRs well before then, there's no guarantee. Without COPR you could be asked for proof that you plan to leave before your tourist visa expires, so you'll have to have a return flight booked at the very least.

But I can see how it's a tempting option as a remote worker.

Shahbazali

Jul 18, 2017
What's the best way to call IRCC for Outland applications? I was reading that the agents refuse to give you information unless calling from within Canada.
Thanks! Looking forward to giving y'all an update on my application
You can call yhem using textnow app i did it yesterday and everything went normal.

kas44

Jul 4, 2019
Hey guys!
So as far as I can see here, no one who has applied for CEC Outland has received COPR? I applied in July 2020 and have heard nothing since my remedical in February.
I did just receive approval to travel to Canada though to reunite with my partner so I’m not sure if that would hurry anything up? It’s all so confusing.
Good luck to everyone though!

cecoutlanduser123

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Hey guys!
So as far as I can see here, no one who has applied for CEC Outland has received COPR? I applied in July 2020 and have heard nothing since my remedical in February.
I did just receive approval to travel to Canada though to reunite with my partner so I’m not sure if that would hurry anything up? It’s all so confusing.
Good luck to everyone though!
So you didn’t get your ppr/copr?

kas44

Jul 4, 2019
So you didn’t get your ppr/copr?
Not yet, still waiting unfortunately. Same boat as loads of other people where I’ve rang IRCC and everything in the application is approved, just waiting on a final decision still.
I meet travel exemptions because my partner is over in Canada and got authorisation to travel over to Canada. :)

cecoutlanduser123

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Not yet, still waiting unfortunately. Same boat as loads of other people where I’ve rang IRCC and everything in the application is approved, just waiting on a final decision still.
I meet travel exemptions because my partner is over in Canada and got authorisation to travel over to Canada. :)
That’s great! Did you apply for the extended relationship application?

Reactions: kas44

kas44

Jul 4, 2019
That’s great! Did you apply for the extended relationship application?
Thank you! I did yeah! So I’m thinking I want to travel over to Canada sooner rather than later and wait it out for my PR. But it’s a risky strategy I know. But I’m hoping it won’t be too long and I’ve no idea if this means my PR application will be completed faster because I have that travel exemption. We shall see. :D

Reactions: cecoutlanduser123

cecoutlanduser123

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Thank you! I did yeah! So I’m thinking I want to travel over to Canada sooner rather than later and wait it out for my PR. But it’s a risky strategy I know. But I’m hoping it won’t be too long and I’ve no idea if this means my PR application will be completed faster because I have that travel exemption. We shall see. :D
That’s great!! Congratulations. How long did it take for them to approve it?

vishnusk1995

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
One of my fried received passport request for her spouse sponsorship application (OUTLAND). I hope they will soon starting issuing ours as well.
Actually, I'm seeing this progress for the last 2-3 weeks, but very slow. At this pace, it takes 2-3 months for us to receive PPR.

Reactions: PlUrb

kpIN2CAN

Jul 14, 2021
Don't know if you guys have heard, but the processing of outland applications had been stopped since March 2021 and it hasn't been resumed. Also, when they do start processing (the files of outlanders who had all the stages passed and are just waiting for the final decisions), IRCC will go through all the passed stages again, then issue a re-medical before handing out final decisions. Then PPR.

So sorry all of you but it had to be said, I am in the same boat as a lot of you, all stages passed, waiting for final decision - AOR July 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlUrb

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Don't know if you guys have heard, but the processing of outland applications had been stopped since March 2021 and it hasn't been resumed. Also, when the do start processing the files of everyone
yeah, recently there was a document that was circulating around wherein the cbsa had asked ircc to process applications short of finalization (issuing ppr), so basically ircc could process the application except not issue any copr/ppr to anyone outland because the border was seeing a lot of people trying to cross the border when the covid measures are in place. I heard from a youtube video from an immigration expert that we may start to see a trickling of pprs in the last quarter, meaning october-december, if not earlier maybe end of august early september, but really we don't know for sure, unfortunately. I would love it if tomorrow I would receive the golden email. I'm so over this long wait.

Jul 10, 2021
Don't know if you guys have heard, but the processing of outland applications had been stopped since March 2021 and it hasn't been resumed. Also, when they do start processing (the files of outlanders who had all the stages passed and are just waiting for the final decisions), IRCC will go through all the passed stages again, then issue a re-medical before handing out final decisions. Then PPR.

So sorry all of you but it had to be said, I am in the same boat as a lot of you, all stages passed, waiting for final decision - AOR July 2020.
Please read previous posts about this before posting. Unless you have confirmation of this procedure, please do not put up speculation.

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Also, some people with expired COPRs are now finally starting to receive emails confirming if they still want to come to Canada. Hopefully that's a good sign that we're up next or soon to be eventually.