Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
In my opinion, unless the following status of IRCC changes not many outland files will be finalized.
I'm doing this tomorrow (friday). I'll let you guys know how I get on.
Please do share your progress. The only thing I'm worried about is that many inland applicants are also in this waiting game.

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
In my opinion, unless the following status of IRCC changes not many outland files will be finalized.

Please do share your progress. The only thing I'm worried about is that many inland applicants are also in this waiting game.
You are right. I applied outland, and returned to Canada in Oct 2020, and still waiting for 1st email while I am typing this reply.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
What status?

It's only been 2 days since travel restrictions lifted. It will pick up. We've been seeing a slow trickle of outland applicants receiving COPR.
I suppose the difference is that when they ask if you are in Canada, you will be able to say yes.
If they already know you're outside Canada they might not ask. Going to Canada and updating your address to reflect you're in Canada might not hasten anything. It's an unknown right now, and a bit of a risk. There's plenty of inland-CEC still waiting also.

vishnusk1995

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
What status?

It's only been 2 days since travel restrictions lifted. It will pick up. We've been seeing a slow trickle of outland applicants receiving COPR.

If they already know you're outside Canada they might not ask. Going to Canada and updating your address to reflect you're in Canada might not hasten anything. It's an unknown right now, and a bit of a risk. There's plenty of inland-CEC still waiting also.
Sorry my screenshot didn’t got attached. If you look at the application status page of the ircc, it says “only CEC applications are prioritizing now. Other applications are processing in limited capacity “. This clearly says , until sept 7 (last weekly update), they weren’t caring about the Outland applications. If the next update on sept 14 says the same , then going inland has some advantages.

it’s true that many inland applications are also waiting. However, most of the Outland applications whose profile or gcms says approved, got ecopr soon after becoming inland. At least 80%+ people.

another wave is also coming, not sure how the borders will remain in this situation. Now there’s is a window to enter I’ll wait for 1-2 weeks and if no bulk movements are visible on Outland files , then I’ll go on TRV.

Reactions: kpIN2CAN

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Sorry my screenshot didn’t got attached. If you look at the application status page of the ircc, it says “only CEC applications are prioritizing now. Other applications are processing in limited capacity “. This clearly says , until sept 7 (last weekly update), they weren’t caring about the Outland applications. If the next update on sept 14 says the same , then going inland has some advantages.
That status changes weekly, and there's no big surprise that it's hasn't changed from the current status. Feb 13 is the date the CRS75 draw happened. 27k+ ITAs. It'll probably be finalising applications in that group for a while.
it’s true that many inland applications are also waiting. However, most of the Outland applications whose profile or gcms says approved, got ecopr soon after becoming inland. At least 80%+ people.
Do you have data on that? Most people haven't been able to travel to test that out.

another wave is also coming, not sure how the borders will remain in this situation. Now there’s is a window to enter I’ll wait for 1-2 weeks and if no bulk movements are visible on Outland files , then I’ll go on TRV.
Border restrictions will probably stay as is unless something drastically changes. Too contentious an issue around the election. And, even after the border opened to US travellers, the numbers of US visitors remained much lower than expected. Going in to winter tourism is very low in Canada. There's also the additional firewalls of vaccination status and testing.

Reactions: PepUrquin

vishnusk1995

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
That status changes weekly, and there's no big surprise that it's hasn't changed from the current status. Feb 13 is the date the CRS75 draw happened. 27k+ ITAs. It'll probably be finalising applications in that group for a while.

Do you have data on that? Most people haven't been able to travel to test that out.

Border restrictions will probably stay as is unless something drastically changes. Too contentious an issue around the election. And, even after the border opened to US travellers, the numbers of US visitors remained much lower than expected. Going in to winter tourism is very low in Canada. There's also the additional firewalls of vaccination status and testing.
Personally, I know 3 people who got PR after moving inland. I've also seen a couple of such cases on the CEC/FSW immitrackers. Also, some people in this forum also posted their similar experience. Don't miscalculate the normal tourism times in the current scenario. Winter is not gonna be a matter. Almost, every single outland applicant from my immigration consultancy applied for the TRVs and this trend is going on in many places.

It doesn't matter if there are more inland files or not. Previously, It never separates the timing based on the PR category like CEC, FSW, etc. On that status page, they clearly say about their priority. In addition to that, based on AskKubier's opinion, even if the PPRs are issued there is a considerable amount of delay that can be expected from VO's for stamping the passport and all. We've seen this during the student visa intake. Many sept. intake students are still waiting for the passport stamping.

Please note: I'm not saying going inland is a great idea, it's risky and not quranteed. But if there is no sign of PPRs coming out in the next 1-2 weeks, it would be a good idea to consider this option.

EnaraSS

Sep 9, 2021
Hello everyone!

I am writing to you because this forum has been a great help in my wait.

Today I received my PPR. Here are some details:

- AOR: 29 January 2021
- VO: Paris
- PPR: 9 September
- Outland profile with a dependent (both outland) through Express Entry CEC.

Good luck to all of you! I hope you will all receive a golden email soon.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Personally, I know 3 people who got PR after moving inland. I've also seen a couple of such cases on the CEC/FSW immitrackers. Also, some people in this forum also posted their similar experience. Don't miscalculate the normal tourism times in the current scenario. Winter is not gonna be a matter. Almost, every single outland applicant from my immigration consultancy applied for the TRVs and this trend is going on in many places.
So there's no actual data... Just a small sample of anecdotal evidence. You gave a figure of 80% though, which is why I asked.

I'm not sure what you mean by miscalculating tourism. I just mentioned tourism from the US is lower than what was anticipated. That's a fact. As for winter, tourism at that time of year is lower. So the likelihood of the borders unexpectedly closing is low. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but there needs to be a drastic change in the pandemic.

It doesn't matter if there are more inland files or not. Previously, It never separates the timing based on the PR category like CEC, FSW, etc. On that status page, they clearly say about their priority. In addition to that, based on AskKubier's opinion, even if the PPRs are issued there is a considerable amount of delay that can be expected from VO's for stamping the passport and all. We've seen this during the student visa intake. Many sept. intake students are still waiting for the passport stamping.
Have you visited that status page before? It's been stating priority for CEC applications since at least the start of 2021. It also does matter if there are more files. 27k+ files is 6x the average CEC intake.... so it shouldn't surprise anyone if the dates don't change as frequently.

AskKubier's opinion is still just an opinion. And, even if he is right about delays for PPR, many countries are visa-exempt and don't have to complete PPR. All I'm saying is it has been 2 days since the border reopened and because the PPR rain that people expected hasn't immediately come doesn't mean worst-case scenario either.

Edit: As I was replying two people posted they got PPR... maybe the rain has started? :eek: :D
Please note: I'm not saying going inland is a great idea, it's risky and not quranteed. But if there is no sign of PPRs coming out in the next 1-2 weeks, it would be a good idea to consider this option.
If someone wants to enter Canada on a TRV, go for it. It doesn't guarantee anything though.

Reactions: mdqueen

vishnusk1995

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
So there's no actual data... Just a small sample of anecdotal evidence. You gave a figure of 80% though, which is why I asked.

I'm not sure what you mean by miscalculating tourism. I just mentioned tourism from the US is lower than what was anticipated. That's a fact. As for winter, tourism at that time of year is lower. So the likelihood of the borders unexpectedly closing is low. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but there needs to be a drastic change in the pandemic.

Have you visited that status page before? It's been stating priority for CEC applications since at least the start of 2021. It also does matter if there are more files. 27k+ files is 6x the average CEC intake.... so it shouldn't surprise anyone if the dates don't change as frequently.

AskKubier's opinion is still just an opinion. And, even if he is right about delays for PPR, many countries are visa-exempt and don't have to complete PPR. All I'm saying is it has been 2 days since the border reopened and because the PPR rain that people expected hasn't immediately come doesn't mean worst-case scenario either.

Edit: As I was replying two people posted they got PPR... maybe the rain has started? :eek: :D

If someone wants to enter Canada on a TRV, go for it. It doesn't guarantee anything though.
I really hope for the rain to start.

Reactions: cecoutlanduser123

kirsteeee

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
UK
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21
Hey guys,
so the PPR request says I can upload a copy of my passport and the letter, but I can't see how I submit this. The letter says "
Visa exempt applicants with an online account are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your online account.
"
But where do i upload this?
I also have to post 2 pictures, it isn't very clear where I post them, "
All visa exempt applicants, including those with an online account, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos.
"
Any ideas if I mail them to the visa office in my CoR?

kpIN2CAN

Jul 14, 2021
Few people here, including me, received a portal confirmation email even though we applied from outside canada and were outside through out the entire process. In the email, it tells you if you're not inside canada, you need to reply to the email and tell them that. So far, people received mixed responses. Few received an email telling them to let them know when they come back to canada to complete virtual landing process, others received an email back saying that they should either tell them when they are back in canada to complete landing procedure (I guess for visa exempt applicants or applicants currently holding a valid visa) or to have the file transferred to local mission, which probably means to have PPR and CoPR issued.

So far, I believe only one person on here received PPR after replying to confirmation portal email. As for me, I replied to the email 19 days ago and did not receive anything back.
Hi, so I had received PPR after responding to portal email (cec outland throughout the application process), the body of my email response to that portal email was as follows:
Hello,

Please confirm that you have received this email at your earliest convenience.

DETAILS REQUESTED ARE AS FOLLOWS:

1. I am the Primary Applicant with no dependents.

2. I currently live outside Canada. My country of residency is India. Hence, I will need a PR Visa counterfoil to travel back to Canada. So I will wait for IRCC to send me further instructions.

3. My Details:
• Name:
• UCI:
• Email :
• Original entry date:
• Date of last time I entered Canada:
• Location where I last entered Canada:

(Note: My second COVISHIELD dose is due in one week - So I'll be fully vaccinated very soon - this info was not requested, but I mentioned in case it is relevant as I am outside Canada)

ACTIONS REQUESTED
• Please send a confirmation that you have received my mails and thereby, my details.
• Please send further instructions.

Looking forward to your response!

Thank you,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things to take a note of : I explicitly informed them that I will need a PR visa counterfoil to travel back to Canada and that I am going to be fully vaccinated in a week's time, yes, I know both of these details weren't requested from me but do I think it helped me get PPR? Yes, maybe, it is plausible, isn't it? I mean if they see, okay so this guy needs a PPR, and he's going to be fully vaccinated and ready to travel, so I guess its worth taking an action on this application. I don't know, what do you guys think?
I hope this helps you guys! Cheers! And all the best!

Last edited: