+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
They don't know when it will change. I'm just glad I'm approved. Hopefully they will issue our coprs by the end of the year...
Considering COPR holders have been allowed enter Canada for a month now I would be surprised if it takes that long. Especially for those of us already approved.

Reactions: MissyJ2

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
I really hope you're right
I really wish we knew what that are looking at in order to make decisions of holding off on those of us that are approved? I just got my first vaccine yesterday so I’d love to be able to travel soon

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
I really wish we knew what that are looking at in order to make decisions of holding off on those of us that are approved? I just got my first vaccine yesterday so I’d love to be able to travel soon
It’s been very disappointing how it’s all been handled. Considering they have made potential plans for tourists to visit again and we have been left high and dry with no information or timeframe whatsoever. And this is our lives and future and many have been waiting for like 18 months. I can understand that these are very uncertain times but they need to give us some sort of indication or information on how they are clearing the backlog and when people can expect to be able to make some sort of plans.

Reactions: Usagisan and PlUrb

vishnusk1995

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
Guys, don't lose hope. I personally feel very positive about current circumstances. I believe before Aug mid they'll start issuing COPRs if not early. Everyone should take their vaccines does and feel excited. Our time is approaching soon.

They are trying to follow a trial and error method I guess. First for US residents and based on the epidemic conditions afterward, they'll start issuing COPRs in a controlled manner. Already I'm seeing US residents getting COPRs. So that's a good sign.

Reactions: PlUrb and MissyJ2

afyonluyag

Sep 20, 2020
Exactly 1 month ago IRCC: "If your COPR is about to expire, or has expired, we will soon have instructions on our website about how to get reissued documents." Every day we are waiting for these instructions, no updates on the website & no response.
No hope.

• Angry
Reactions: cecoutlanduser123

cecoutlanduser123

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Guys, don't lose hope. I personally feel very positive about current circumstances. I believe before Aug mid they'll start issuing COPRs if not early. Everyone should take their vaccines does and feel excited. Our time is approaching soon.

They are trying to follow a trial and error method I guess. First for US residents and based on the epidemic conditions afterward, they'll start issuing COPRs in a controlled manner. Already I'm seeing US residents getting COPRs. So that's a good sign.
Weren’t US residents already allowed to come here even before the change…I don’t think US copr has any relations with the rest of Outland applicants

Reactions: PlUrb

vishnusk1995

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
Weren’t US residents already allowed to come here even before the change…I don’t think US COPR has any relations with the rest of Outland applicants

That's true. US residents were allowed earlier for essential reasons. Not sure whether they were allowed to come as new residents. Now, I can see many US residents getting new COPRs and coming to Canada to complete the processing.

Moreover, from other forums, I can see many people are getting their expired COPRs renewed which in turn is another good sign. I bet some good news will start pouring into this forum from Aug 9.

Here is another tweet to raise your hopes from VFS India.

Last edited:

jm1980

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
So it seems like they are definitely processing our applications fully, but holding off on sending COPRs until we can enter Canada, right?
Yep! I think they have to review everything and decide whether or not to extend the medicals even if you're approved in gcms. If they extend and you're approved should be golden after that

Zarna Patel

Jul 25, 2021
Hello everyone, I am a CEC outland candidate, with two dependents. I came back in India in January End. Since then I have been in India with my family. My husband is holding open work permit and my daughter is also holding study permit, our daughter is USA citizen. We all were living in Canada together, but now we all are in India. Our work permit is valid till September 28, 2021. We also have Canada visitor Visa valid till 2029. However, we have submitted our PR application as a outland applicant along with all the required documents for our PR application. Well, here's a little about my profile timeline:

ITA- 13th Feb, 2021
AOR - 10th April, 2021
Medical Exam Passed - 9th February, 2021
Biometrics Passed- Valid From Work permit issued in 2019
All other status is not updated

Now we are in dilemma that whether we should return back to Canada and update our profile with all applicant in Canada on web form or we should wait here in India? I know it is up to us to decide but right now we have chance to go back as we are exempt from travel restriction. Does anyone explain us that what will be scenario if we wait here and how long our application might take? We seen here that outland applicant are not receiving COPR since travel restriction came into action. What will be the best thing for us? To go back to Canada and wait for COPR there or we should wait for COPR here in India?

Please can someone share their knowledge and experience? Your advices will surely help us deciding what to do?
Thank you

Odeku55

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
05-11-2020
Med's Done....
11-12-2020
Hello everyone, I am a CEC outland candidate, with two dependents. I came back in India in January End. Since then I have been in India with my family. My husband is holding open work permit and my daughter is also holding study permit, our daughter is USA citizen. We all were living in Canada together, but now we all are in India. Our work permit is valid till September 28, 2021. We also have Canada visitor Visa valid till 2029. However, we have submitted our PR application as a outland applicant along with all the required documents for our PR application. Well, here's a little about my profile timeline:

ITA- 13th Feb, 2021
AOR - 10th April, 2021

Now we are in dilemma that whether we should return back to Canada and update our profile with all applicant in Canada on web form or we should wait here in India? I know it is up to us to decide but right now we have chance to go back as we are exempt from travel restriction. Does anyone explain us that what will be scenario if we wait here and how long our application might take? We seen here that outland applicant are not receiving COPR since travel restriction came into action. What will be the best thing for us? To go back to Canada and wait for COPR there or we should wait for COPR here in India?

Please can someone share their knowledge and experience? Your advices will surely help us deciding what to do?
Thank you
I would say you should go back to Canada if you can. I heard Canadian experts think there will be a third wave in India. So you guys should move back if you can now and inform IRCC through webform. Your application might be processed faster.

My thoughts though.

Baba@1

Jul 22, 2021

ITA- 13th Feb, 2021
AOR - 10th April, 2021

Thank you
I guess they will release COPR soon may be from August. I heard that in the different thred they issued COPR's for May and June applicants.If you travel again there is no guarantee that you will get PR from inland. if you check the thread from Aug 2020 for inland still the process is pending. if you can see the thread you are very lucky..IRCC started procesing the applicants from april 2021 for inland as well as out land. Here you are missing the logic even if india have the travel ban you can still travel with COPR from different country.Canada declared that copr holders can travel with out any issues. Still if any one can give the better suggesion will see. They will never hold or stop the application it will be processed from back end. From april for all the inlands they are getting in 60 days, for sure even for outland they will generate COPR from August

Zarna Patel

Jul 25, 2021
I would say you should go back to Canada if you can. I heard Canadian experts think there will be a third wave in India. So you guys should move back if you can now and inform IRCC through webform. Your application might be processed faster.

My thoughts though.
Thank you for your Time and giving us your views.