+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

greyhound47

Jun 28, 2021
With the news of borders soon opening for discretionary travel, wondering if any outland CEC applicants are considering entering Canada as a visitor and awaiting COPR? While probably not previously recommended (https://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1018&top=16), I ask because IRCC has started my PR confirmation in the new portal - it's awaiting my in-Canada declaration - and it seems the turnaround on e-COPR for inlanders is a couple weeks. Does anyone know if this is feasible?

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
With the news of borders soon opening for discretionary travel, wondering if any outland CEC applicants are considering entering Canada as a visitor and awaiting COPR? While probably not previously recommended (https://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1018&top=16), I ask because IRCC has started my PR confirmation in the new portal - it's awaiting my in-Canada declaration - and it seems the turnaround on e-COPR for inlanders is a couple weeks. Does anyone know if this is feasible?
Seems like a risk. There's still no certainty you'd get COPR quicker by being in Canada.
April -2021 my friend received COPR last week. I heard that for few of them they issued COPR for outland.
That's pretty fast. But with the ban on flight to/from India extended it seems odd.

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Seems like a risk. There's still no certainty you'd get COPR quicker by being in Canada.

That's pretty fast. But with the ban on flight to/from India extended it seems odd.
I heard that they are not going directly due to the ban, and connecting from different countries to reach Canada. Not sure about their plan.
I guess all CEC outland will get COPR's soon.

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I'm a bit confused. Has IRCC emailed to ask if you are in Canada? In other words, you are fully approved? What is your AOR and country of residence?

greyhound47

Jun 28, 2021
I'm a bit confused. Has IRCC emailed to ask if you are in Canada? In other words, you are fully approved? What is your AOR and country of residence?
AOR: Nov 17 2020
Residence: USA

I assume fully approved (waiting on GCMS since June 7) bc I received the portal credentials email at the end of May 2021. The credentials email asked if I wanted to use the portal but didn't specify I had to already be in Canada to reply yes to them. I now have an account in this PR confirmation portal, and the first step is to complete my in-Canada declaration. After this I'm to submit my mailing address and photo for PR card, but in the meantime the portal should issue me an e-COPR.

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
AOR: Nov 17 2020
Residence: USA

I assume fully approved (waiting on GCMS since June 7) bc I received the portal credentials email at the end of May 2021. The credentials email asked if I wanted to use the portal but didn't specify I had to already be in Canada to reply yes to them. I now have an account in this PR confirmation portal, and the first step is to complete my in-Canada declaration. After this I'm to submit my mailing address and photo for PR card, but in the meantime the portal should issue me an e-COPR.
Oh I see! Well that's good news for 2020 outlanders! It seems like you're on your way, if you just enter Canada... I wish we had more of a sense about how long that step takes

MamataChintakindi

Mar 30, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-02-2021
Med's Done....
14-03-2021
Just called IRCC. Everything is approved, pending copr! Aor oct 26
Hey @MissyJ2 Congratulation on approvals
Also how do you reach IRCC from outside Canada. I am trying since long using skype linked with Canadian number but it says your call cannot be completed as dialed after ringing. It would be great help if you could provide some help.

Thanks,
Mamta

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Just called IRCC. Everything is approved, pending copr! Aor oct 26
Did they give any indication on when you might get the COPR?

It's been a month today since they began allowing COPR holders to enter Canada, so I kind of expected some movement, at this point, on outland applications that have been approved for months.

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hey @MissyJ2 Congratulation on approvals
Also how do you reach IRCC from outside Canada. I am trying since long using skype linked with Canadian number but it says your call cannot be completed as dialed after ringing. It would be great help if you could provide some help.

Thanks,
Mamta
Skype with a canadian number works for me. Sorry I can't help

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Did they give any indication on when you might get the COPR?

It's been a month today since they began allowing COPR holders to enter Canada, so I kind of expected some movement, at this point, on outland applications that have been approved for months.
They don't know when it will change. I'm just glad I'm approved. Hopefully they will issue our coprs by the end of the year...

Reactions: Canex17