+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2018 Applicants

vennat19

Mar 22, 2019
Congratulations
Mine got approved on 14th March. Nothing yet. Waited 6 months for it, might as well wait 2-3 weeks.
Ghost update was the key must say!!
Good luck guys!!
Don't worry, I am sure you are about to hear from them. Today I received an e-mail from them mentioning I have a landing interview coming up. Best of luck!

vennat19

Mar 22, 2019
Hello id you guys call Customer Service? because My AOR is 4th Oct as well and I call last call I think last Thursday and agent told me Status not change only background check is completed. do we have to ask them something specifically in order to know application has been approve or not?

please confirm so I can try to call them again or will wait 4th April as it is the last date hey give me.
Not really, I only asked if she could see any notes on my file as I hadn't had any updates on my app since November.

Best of luck

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
So it's been 5 months and a day since I submitted my application. No ghost update since December. My case has security pending. Not sure what's coming up :(

AOR: Oct. 25

Loz24601

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
CEC
Quick question. I am travelling home on vacation on 28th May, my 6 month end date for PR is 22 April. If I get my PPR email after this date, it will be too close to my travel date and I wont want to submit it just in case it isn't posted back in time. Also, if I don't send it before the 4 week deadline, then I will be rejected. Does anyone here know of a work around for this?

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Quick question. I am travelling home on vacation on 28th May, my 6 month end date for PR is 22 April. If I get my PPR email after this date, it will be too close to my travel date and I wont want to submit it just in case it isn't posted back in time. Also, if I don't send it before the 4 week deadline, then I will be rejected. Does anyone here know of a work around for this?
You may request them to extend the deadline to submit the passport by raising a CSE, please go through this:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/helpful-if-you-need-more-than-30-days-to-submit-your-passport-after-ppr-received.599411/

c.e.c

Mar 26, 2019
Quick question, I talked to a CIC agent and she told me a decision has been made but I have to wait till I hear back from the VO to know what the decision is. I know that some people got told when their application was accepted. So I don't know if it's just this agent is going by the book or there's more to it. Should I be worried? Anyone here in the same boat?

CEC Inland - Edmonton VO
AOR: Oct 17th
MEP: Nov 16th
ADR: Mar 7th, submitted Mar 8th
Ghost Updates: Mar 18th & 19th

Reactions: Pdhiman 28

tzarnick

Jul 9, 2018
AOR - 25 th Oct
MEP - 14th Nov

Eligibility - recommended pass
Security - not started
Criminality - in progress

Primary CPC - Edmonton
Secondary - Vancouver

Any one else whose file is in Edmonton office ?

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi guys!

I finally received the golden email today! Below is my timeline :

CRS - 501
CEC - Inland
VO - Edmonton
NOC : 1112
AOR : October 30th, 2018
MED Passed : November 29th, 2018
PPR : March 27th 2019

I ordered for the first set of GCMS notes on February 01st and received them on March 04th. The notes said that my Eligibility was 'Recommend Pass', Security - Not started, Criminality and Medicals - Passed. The notes also said that the VO was able to verify my duties and responsibilities with with NOC.

I ordered the second set of notes on March 01st which I am yet to receive. I made two calls to CIC, both on March 05th. The first agent refused to take my application number because I was under 6 months, the second agent was much nicer and provided me we basically the same set of information that I had on the GCMS notes except for my VO which she said was Edmonton whereas the notes showed it as Ottawa (Primary) and Vegerville (Secondary). I am not sure if I received any ghost updates because my profile was handled by a consultant and I had no access to it!

I hope you guys get your PPR soon, try and stay positive! Cheers! :)

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Got hold of CIC agent on Friday, he said application has been approved but its still showing BG check in process. Is there anyone who faced the same? Also, how long did it take to receive PPR after approval?
**10 days to 6 months**
Thanks
That's completely normal. My application wasn't changed to approved until I sent off my passport. They send PPRs in batches, I got mine a few days after the agent told me my application was approved. You'll get the email in the next batch. Congratulations!!!