+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helpful, if you need more than 30 days to submit your passport after PPR received

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi All,

I was in this big situation and I was trying to find just one thread where anyone can answer my question. So, I am creating this with my experience and may this be helpful if you are in a similar situation.

I got my PPR approval on phone with the CIC agent on 24th October. I told her I may get PPR soon (which actually didn't happen) and I have a plan to fly India, for Christmas, around 8th December 2018. What should I do if I get my PPR before that and I have to submit my passport. What if it doesn't come back to me before my flight?

She suggest to raise a CSE through the IRCC WebForm, link below :
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I raise this on Nov. 7th 2018, since no PPR was received yet and also explained my situation, loss of money if I cancel the plan and other associated things (money, family, leaves etc). For a confirmation I also attached my Plane Ticket in PDF format.

I got a reply from an agent on 14th Nov 2018 that my document has been received and forwarded to the concerned officer. Very generic reply and no PPR yet.

I waited some more and my golden email landed my inbox on 26th Nov. 2018. Now the problem - CANADA POST STRIKE and the bigger problem - MY FLIGHT ON DEC. 8th.
I called CIC again, after 45 mins I was with an agent. I told her about my PPR, my already raised CSE, my travel plan and of course the Canada Post Strike.

She told me, my CSE is attached to my file. She also suggested me to send an email to the email address in PPR email that says "...If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation."

I did this on 26th Nov. itself. And then started the "worrying phase" (people are generally relieved after PPR email). I called them again a week after -3rd December 2018, 5 days before my flight. And the agent confirmed that my request has reached them and is attached to my file and is approved. I can go ahead with my travel and can submit my passport when I am back (31st Dec 2018.)

So, finally I am flying tomorrow!

Good luck to all! :)

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Good, but my problem is my TRV is also expired. My Bridge work permit was approved on 11of November. I submitted TRV application on November 12th and no answer yet. So my plan to travel will have to be canceled, along with money and loss of vacation days :(

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Good, but my problem is my TRV is also expired. My Bridge work permit was approved on 11of November. I submitted TRV application on November 12th and no answer yet. So my plan to travel will have to be canceled, along with money and loss of vacation days :(
I understand your pain. Happened to me during Christmas last year when I had a trip planned and my parents were meeting me at the same destination. But I had forgotten to renew my TRV that had expired on December 02 after I switched over from a study permit to PGWP. There are no options other than to apply for TRV visa either from within Canada or the country you r planning to visit. I had to wait approx 2 months to get my TRV and obviously by that time it was too late as I had to cancel my travel plans and bear the financial loss :(

Reactions: movais

movais

Sep 10, 2018
I understand your pain. Happened to me during Christmas last year when I had a trip planned and my parents were meeting me at the same destination. But I had forgotten to renew my TRV that had expired on December 02 after I switched over from a study permit to PGWP. There are no options other than to apply for TRV visa either from within Canada or the country you r planning to visit. I had to wait approx 2 months to get my TRV and obviously by that time it was too late as I had to cancel my travel plans and bear the financial loss :(
It just sucks that online they show 6 days to process the TRV application. I planned according to it. I gave myself 30 days, but obviously wasn't enough. Now have to suffer almost 3K loss and 20 vacation days from work :s

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Oh I didn't know that. I am really sorry. If you get PPR before that, there is another option to get your VO processing office changed to where you're going. Provided, you'll be there for a time-period enough to send and get your passport back. I am really not sure about this actually works. However, I found these threads for you. Please let me know if this helps. :)

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/change-of-visa-office-after-ppr.411962/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-received-today-need-to-change-vo-help.428312/page-2

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-visa-office-change-request-after-ppr.316489/page-2

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/change-of-visa-office-after-ppr-mail.512503/page-2

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Oh I didn't know that. I am really sorry. If you get PPR before that, there is another option to get your VO processing office changed to where you're going. Provided, you'll be there for a time-period enough to send and get your passport back. I am really not sure about this actually works. However, I found these threads for you. Please let me know if this helps. :)

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/change-of-visa-office-after-ppr.411962/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-received-today-need-to-change-vo-help.428312/page-2

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-visa-office-change-request-after-ppr.316489/page-2

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/change-of-visa-office-after-ppr-mail.512503/page-2
Thanks for the links, but i highly doubt i want to change VO office. I have to be back at work in January and i cannot extend vacation. I will just sit and wait i guess. Thanks though :)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thanks for the links, but i highly doubt i want to change VO office. I have to be back at work in January and i cannot extend vacation. I will just sit and wait i guess. Thanks though :)
I feel really sorry that you have to go through this. That would be someone’s last choice.
My friend got his PPR before the Canada post strike and he got his passport back within the same week.
Who knows, if the backlog and other processing gets sorted soon and it’s still some time left in your flight. I really really hope things work out for the best for you!

Richaki

Nov 20, 2018
I have a similar problem. I got my PPR on Nov 26 and raised a CSE, as well as emailing the address specified at that time. I spoke to an agent at CIC on Monday and he said that the office in Sydney, which is processing my application, has received my request, but has not reviewed it. He seems to think however that because my COPR expires all the way in May, I should be ok to travel. I'd really prefer to have this on writing, or an actual approval, so I am still worrying.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I have a similar problem. I got my PPR on Nov 26 and raised a CSE, as well as emailing the address specified at that time. I spoke to an agent at CIC on Monday and he said that the office in Sydney, which is processing my application, has received my request, but has not reviewed it. He seems to think however that because my COPR expires all the way in May, I should be ok to travel. I'd really prefer to have this on writing, or an actual approval, so I am still worrying.
Hi,

Did you receive any confirmation?

Regards

Richaki

Nov 20, 2018
Hi,

Did you receive any confirmation?

Regards
I spoke to them again later last week and again was told that I am good to travel, and this time that they don't typically give responses to the CSE, it seems like it is an Ottawa thing. As of last week my request hadn't actually been reviewed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They
I spoke to them again later last week and again was told that I am good to travel, and this time that they don't typically give responses to the CSE, it seems like it is an Ottawa thing. As of last week my request hadn't actually been reviewed.
They get such a large volume of CSE and often people also call in that they would have to dedicate so many resources to process all the CSEs. Some people send them daily.

Richaki

Nov 20, 2018
Update guys:

Apparently the procedure is that once you have requested an extension, provided you do not get a response, you operate as if you have been given more time, and submit the documents as soon as you can (verified by CIC agent)

Richaki

Nov 20, 2018
Update guys:

Apparently the procedure is that once you have requested an extension, provided you do not get a response, you operate as if you have been given more time, and submit the documents as soon as you can (verified by CIC agent)
Final Update

Received email confirming extension today!!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Final Update

Received email confirming extension today!!
Me too!!!

“In response to your request, please note that an extension for your document submission has been granted. The new deadline for submission is January 23, 2019.“