+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2018 Applicants

abde05

Nov 1, 2018
hi guys, I would like to know if I could apply for this program I just got my English results 6544 I have experience 18 months in Alberta?
thank you

1971yeg

Feb 8, 2019
Hey All,

My background check status changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." This happened about 10 business days ago with a ghost update, no email. Is it fair to assume that I passed the eligibility check or could this still mean they are reviewing my eligibility?

Thanks in advance!

Janab1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Agents are not always 100% sure, they do not have access to all the the info. that a visa officer would. I was also really upset when my file didn't even go to "background processing" even after 5 months. But then I got my PPR email 4 days less than my 6 months timeline. Do you mind me asking your timeline so far?
Aor is oct 19
Eligibilty
Medical
Info sharing
Criminality is passed
Security has not started that was week ago

Janab1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Did the agent say your app specifically is going to exceed the 6 month timeline? Was this because of a review being required? Or did he say this is going to be the general case for all applications as of now? I’m a November 2018 AOR..
No everything is looking good these were his words so its not because of any additional security i think the reason might be number of applications

Janab1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Does anybody knows if we can ppr emails without getting a ghost update or always we get a ghost update and then we get ppr email

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Aor is oct 19
Eligibilty
Medical
Info sharing
Criminality is passed
Security has not started that was week ago
You're over 5 months. And still under 6 months. I would say don't lose hope. You still have 4 weeks to look forward to. I got my PPR just 4days before my 6 months were coming to an end. I tell this to almost everyone, because I became so hopeless, but everything worked out well. All the best. Keep looking :) :)

Janab1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
You're over 5 months. And still under 6 months. I would say don't lose hope. You still have 4 weeks to look forward to. I got my PPR just 4days before my 6 months were coming to an end. I tell this to almost everyone, because I became so hopeless, but everything worked out well. All the best. Keep looking :) :)
Thanks alot :)

livinmanniac

Jun 6, 2018
Got hold of CIC agent on Friday, he said application has been approved but its still showing BG check in process. Is there anyone who faced the same? Also, how long did it take to receive PPR after approval?
**10 days to 6 months**
Thanks

Reactions: Sapphire Blue

vennat19

Mar 22, 2019
Got hold of CIC agent on Friday, he said application has been approved but its still showing BG check in process. Is there anyone who faced the same? Also, how long did it take to receive PPR after approval?
**10 days to 6 months**
Thanks
Congratulations! Same here. Got a hold of an agent on Friday, she mentioned the application was approved but my CIC profile has not been updated nor I have received a COPR/ Passport Request. Crossed fingers!

Reactions: livinmanniac

Rudra@5593

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Congratulations! Same here. Got a hold of an agent on Friday, she mentioned the application was approved but my CIC profile has not been updated nor I have received a COPR/ Passport Request. Crossed fingers!

Hello id you guys call Customer Service? because My AOR is 4th Oct as well and I call last call I think last Thursday and agent told me Status not change only background check is completed. do we have to ask them something specifically in order to know application has been approve or not?

please confirm so I can try to call them again or will wait 4th April as it is the last date hey give me.

livinmanniac

Jun 6, 2018
Congratulations
Mine got approved on 14th March. Nothing yet. Waited 6 months for it, might as well wait 2-3 weeks.
Ghost update was the key must say!!
Good luck guys!!