+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2018 Applicants

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Thank you!

So i am on a work permit extension, and i dont have a PPR yet. my question was hypothetical. So now that i have explained that, i shouldn't have the issues that you're talking about, right?
Even after getting a PPR and CoPR, you aren't considered a permanent resident until you finish your landing process. So if you haven't completed your landing, you can use your old visa to still come back. But after you finish landing, you are a PR of Canada and you no longer can use your old visas as they are cancelled.

Also, lets say you get your PPR just before you leave or when you are away, you can request for time extension from CIC for submitting your passport.

Reactions: asd1985

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Sorry, I have a question regarding sending of passports. Can I send it through any mail service like Canada post etc or are there specific visa application centres where we are required to send it? I live in Saskatchewan and I can’t seem to find a VAC close to me.
I used Canada Post Xpresspost prepaid national envelope: letter (medium size) to send my passport, pics, annex A and I enclosed a Canada Post Xpresspost prepaid national envelope: standard (small size) for return shipping.

The address they provided me in the email is a PO Box and only Canada Post can deliver to PO boxes. I have read on this forum that some couriers can convert the po box to an actual address for you and deliver but I have also read that CIC has sometimes refused to accept those parcels so I didn't want to risk anything and hence I used Canada Post. The strike is now over (atleast temporarily) and the backlogs are starting to be cleared. My passport reached Ottawa in 3 days (only 1 extra day then promised)

Reactions: priscabowman

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
I used Canada Post Xpresspost prepaid national envelope: letter (medium size) to send my passport, pics, annex A and I enclosed a Canada Post Xpresspost prepaid national envelope: standard (small size) for return shipping.

The address they provided me in the email is a PO Box and only Canada Post can deliver to PO boxes. I have read on this forum that some couriers can convert the po box to an actual address for you and deliver but I have also read that CIC has sometimes refused to accept those parcels so I didn't want to risk anything and hence I used Canada Post. The strike is now over (atleast temporarily) and the backlogs are starting to be cleared. My passport reached Ottawa in 3 days (only 1 extra day then promised)
Thanks for ur reply. I’d been searching for a clear answer on the forum but couldn’t seem to find it

Reactions: prt22

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Even after getting a PPR and CoPR, you aren't considered a permanent resident until you finish your landing process. So if you haven't completed your landing, you can use your old visa to still come back. But after you finish landing, you are a PR of Canada and you no longer can use your old visas as they are cancelled.

Also, lets say you get your PPR just before you leave or when you are away, you can request for time extension from CIC for submitting your passport.
Perfect! Thanks so much

manishdamani271

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I have received Ghost update couple of weeks before and till now there is no updates on my profile. My AOR date is 21st October 2018. I am just wondering what is meaning of false update ? Should I order GCMS notes ? Please give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks
Manish

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Hello Everyone,

I have received Ghost update couple of weeks before and till now there is no updates on my profile. My AOR date is 21st October 2018. I am just wondering what is meaning of false update ? Should I order GCMS notes ? Please give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks
Manish
I think it’s quite early to order notes since your timeline is less than 2 months. Was it the email notification regarding an update in your account that happened a couple of weeks back or the “application/profile updated” change in status you saw when you logged in your account?

manishdamani271

Star Member
May 10, 2013
I think it’s quite early to order notes since your timeline is less than 2 months. Was it the email notification regarding an update in your account that happened a couple of weeks back or the “application/profile updated” change in status you saw when you logged in your account?
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I got following email
"
Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information. "

But I don't see any update on my account. Hence I am considering this as a ghost update. What does it mean ? Thanks

90'skid

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Guys!! so on Friday I received this email with subject: we are working on improving application status in your account
msg
; on 12/12/18 you will see a progress bar for your express entry application. the progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. it will give you an estimated date based on our latest estimated processing times.

Did anyone else get this similar email?

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
"
Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information. "

But I don't see any update on my account. Hence I am considering this as a ghost update. What does it mean ? Thanks
Did you receive the email close to the day you passed your Medicals? If yes, then it was for the medicals. For instance, in my case, I noticed my medicals changed to pass a day before I was actually sent the email notifying me of it. So I saw the change on Nov 20, but actually got the email notifying me of it the next day and by then, there was obviously nothing new then.

90'skid

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
"

If you did not have any recent update on your account (i.e at least 1 - 3 days back ) before this email then you can regard it as a ghost update.

Janab1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hey Guys,
Has anyone of you got any notifications for progress bar on your profile?
I got an email saying now they will show real time progress on our profiles.

manishdamani271

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Hey Guys,
Hi, yes I got progress bar on my profile. My AOR is 21st October and progress bar shows 4 months remaining i.e 21st April. Progress bar is showing timeline for 6 months.

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Hi, yes I got progress bar on my profile. My AOR is 21st October and progress bar shows 4 months remaining i.e 21st April. Progress bar is showing timeline for 6 months.
I got that email too. But I am unable to see any progress bar when I log into my profile. Is there a different way to see the progress bar?

Also. the other day I had a ghost update in my profile and didn't see any change after that. Has anyone else had the same thing?

Moreeh

Dec 11, 2018
Hey Guys,
Yes I did get the notification but I did not see the real time processing on my application. Did you check to see if there’s a real time processing