+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2018 Applicants

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Yes. I called them on their number. They took personal account details from me and answered my questions. My file is currently at Centralized Intake Office in Ottawa. Planning to order GCMS notes next week.

Call them again and ask them Status Per Assessment i.e. Criminality, Eligibility & Security etc.
Thanks for your suggestion. I called them today and they were nice to me this time around. They said my review of eligibility says it's under review but seems like no issue. The criminality check is cleared. My security check is yet to start.

Reactions: mandeep000

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for your suggestion. I called them today and they were nice to me this time around. They said my review of eligibility says it's under review but seems like no issue. The criminality check is cleared. My security check is yet to start.
What is your stream? FSW OR CEC? Inland or Outland?

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
They will clear your Eligibility soon. After that Security will start, from what I heard Security Clearance takes up to anytime between 1-3 months. It hasn't started for us both. :/

My Criminality is still under review. All they have to do is check the Additional Document I submitted 2 weeks ago.

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
They will clear your Eligibility soon. After that Security will start, from what I heard Security Clearance takes up to anytime between 1-3 months. It hasn't started for us both. :/

My Criminality is still under review. All they have to do is check the Additional Document I submitted 2 weeks ago.
You're correct. They check your finger prints (I.e. the additional document you sent to them) for criminality. I submitted my finger prints with my application.

And yes security is another issue for both of us.

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
You're correct. They check your finger prints (I.e. the additional document you sent to them) for criminality. I submitted my finger prints with my application.

And yes security is another issue for both of us.
In my case, they never asked me for RCMP PCC in my application, only asked for PCC from India. Had they asked me in the main application I would have submitted it. Hope my Criminality clears in this week.

Did you ask where your file is? Which Visa Office?

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
In my case, they never asked me for RCMP PCC in my application, only asked for PCC from India. Had they asked me in the main application I would have submitted it. Hope my Criminality clears in this week.

Did you ask where your file is? Which Visa Office?
I see. I think they don't ask you explicitly to attach your finger prints. However, I scanned both, my police clearance from backhome and the finger print from Canada in the same document. I did this on my friend's suggestion because he said submitting it with your application saves time in processing.

And no I forgot to ask about the office thing :(

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I see. I think they don't ask you explicitly to attach your finger prints. However, I scanned both, my police clearance from backhome and the finger print from Canada in the same document. I did this on my friend's suggestion because he said submitting it with your application saves time in processing.

And no I forgot to ask about the office thing :(
Ask them after 2 weeks about office. Even though you submitted your RCMP PCC in the main application, we are still in the same boat. Hopefully by Mid-Feb we get email for PPR.

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Ask them after 2 weeks about office. Even though you submitted your RCMP PCC in the main application, we are still in the same boat. Hopefully by Mid-Feb we get email for PPR.
Yeah, I agree. It's just that I didn't want to take any risks LOL. We all have invested enough time and money here that we get paranoid about every single thing we hear from people related to immigration :)

Last week, I found a mistake on my RCPM form, they put wrong year of birth which then I had to get it fixed. However, upon mentioning this to the agent today, I was told not to worry about sending it again because the criminality is already cleared so don't need to do.

Reactions: mandeep000

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
True. Patience is the key.

Hopefully I too clear my Criminality this week. I hope CIC take a look on my PCC. It's been lying there since the past two weeks. Wonder when is the lucky day.

Reactions: Johnkhuwaja