+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

fic

Jun 16, 2016
cec2014kum said:
My suggestion is to Open it and scan it like cic said. You will be sending RCMP the email that you received from cic in which they will notice that CIC mentioned that u scan it first.

Also u can put an explanation letter mentioning the same. May be RCMP receives many reports from people like us so they would know.

U can call RCMP Headquarters in Ottawa as well to see if u can get any information. Please keep us posted so that your experience will be helpful to others.
Okay, managed to get in touch with someone at RCMP. She said they tend to change their methods so no need to be alarmed - just follow the instructions and if it says scan and email, then scan and email. Also said it was okay for the lawyer to open the envelope since it's a legal document and they know what they're doing. Said there could be many reasons for them asking for a new police check (documents lost, a lot of time passed since the last one, etc). All in all, everything seems to be in order.

Other than the fact that the email that was supposed to tell me they're ready for my passport ended up being about a new police check. Huge bummer.

cec2014kum

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
AUG 2016
fic said:
Okay, managed to get in touch with someone at RCMP. She said they tend to change their methods so no need to be alarmed - just follow the instructions and if it says scan and email, then scan and email. Also said it was okay for the lawyer to open the envelope since it's a legal document and they know what they're doing. Said there could be many reasons for them asking for a new police check (documents lost, a lot of time passed since the last one, etc). All in all, everything seems to be in order.

Other than the fact that the email that was supposed to tell me they're ready for my passport ended up being about a new police check. Huge bummer.
Whats ur timeline mate? Date applied etc?

What did they ask so far? Do u ahve spouse added?

fic

Jun 16, 2016
Applied Oct 4. AOR received Feb 10, 2015. RPRF - I was in the batch of people who were emailed on accident in January. That's when I paid and never asked for a refund since they said there's no need since everyone will have to pay eventually. Medicals were requested and done in late March, received in April.

ECAS shows medicals received.

Originally, they asked for the police check in April last year and that's when it was sent. And now they requested it again. Other than that, I seem to be more or less in sync with all the people that have been getting their PPR over the past few weeks so I was expecting it any day now, but yeah, no such luck.

Just me, no spouse.

cec2014kum

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
AUG 2016
fic said:
Applied Oct 4. AOR received Feb 10, 2015. RPRF - I was in the batch of people who were emailed on accident in January. That's when I paid and never asked for a refund since they said there's no need since everyone will have to pay eventually. Medicals were requested and done in late March, received in April.

ECAS shows medicals received.

Originally, they asked for the police check in April last year and that's when it was sent. And now they requested it again. Other than that, I seem to be more or less in sync with all the people that have been getting their PPR over the past few weeks so I was expecting it any day now, but yeah, no such luck.

Just me, no spouse.
Welcome to the group of people that can keep earning but cant spend ! ;)

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Rouble said:
i got my passport back today....any tips for flag polling?
If you are in Ontario read my previous comment on my experience landing at Queenston-Lewiston bridge
You don't need any tips actually just go and congratulations :D

Rouble

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys...quick question......i received 4 things in my enveleope back from cic
Passport
Two pr confirmation letters
An additional letter in french...i dunno what is that? Was i supposed to get an english version of something as well? Its a letter and i cant understand what it says...please advice

vark

Sep 21, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
4163 & 2172
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014 reached 01-Oct2014
Doc's Request.
14-03-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-04-2016
Interview........
RPRF Req: 27April & Paid 04May
Passport Req..
06 Jun 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 10-Jun-2016 Received back 14-Jun-2016
YuryCEC said:
Hi buddy!!! Congrats!!! I am October 9/ 2014 applicant and still waiting for Passport Request, I am curious what your visa says about term of validity? Did you ask CPC change your visa office because I am out of Canada nowadays, how long did it take to change visa office? Thanks and good luck at the border!!!
Hey YuryCEC,
My Visa validity is exactly 1 year from the time they received my medicals. I did not ask for change in Visa office, coz I applied for CEC after coming back to India and I haven't been to Canada ever since. I am planning to land in Canada only by Feb 2017, (Coz we have a baby now and it will be difficult to take care with just me and my spouse in Canada, We want the baby to grow up a bit before we go to Canada)

I am not sure how long it will take for changing the Visa office.. according to this forum, I've read people receive the PPR with new Visa office in 2 days and also seen request after 40 days.. So god know ..But I hope your Agent acts fast after your request for change in Visa office.

Why don't you pro-actively send an email request to change your Visa office location?

Thanks,
Varun

CEC_TorontoApplicant

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd Oct 2014
Passport Req..
17th Aug 2016
i seem to have been singled out by cic for torture......appled 3rd oct 2014, rprf 19th april,
hk pcc request 10th mar, hk police informed me they sent result to cic on 8th april.
on 14th june i get mail from cic saying final reminder ....ur hk pcc still not received....
i called cic call centre twice after that and call centre agent says he sees my hk pc in my application !!!!
he put in note to visa officer...i got my MP office to call them to check as well....still today i get mail
from cic officer saying hk pc not yet received.?????
after tht i called call centre agent...it was same agent he says why call again when he had put in notes..
i mentioned about today's mail...he says he doesnt see tht mail....

wat should i do? i asked hk police but they wont email hk pc to me or cic....and wats going on...
Call centre cant be bluffing about my hk pc being present in application...he put me on hold for 10 mins to check that..
but why visa officer cant see???

nebody else got experience like that?

Abdul_77

Mar 4, 2016
My time lines are given below.
Application Submitted/Filed 10-Oct-2014.
AOR Received.: 17-Feb-2015
Medical Request Received 16-March-2016.
Med's Done....: 17-March-2016
Medical Received updated on ecas 08-April-2016
Paid RPRF upfront 21-April
Received Ready for Visa mail on 02-June-2016
Submitted Passport on 06-June-2016 and received Ottawa on 07-June.
Return Tracker activated on 15-June and Passport received on 16-June

Will be doing landing soon.....................................

Praying for others to get the RPRF and PPR asap...........................toufgh time of waiting should wipe out soon for everyone.

Thanking to each and everyone of us for tremendous help and advises. Keep the ball rolling as your advises are very precious and very helpful to others.

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Rouble said:
Guys...quick question......i received 4 things in my enveleope back from cic
Passport
Two pr confirmation letters
An additional letter in french...i dunno what is that? Was i supposed to get an english version of something as well? Its a letter and i cant understand what it says...please advice
the 4 pages (2 sided 2 pages) are some tips and instructions on how to become a permanent resident
it looks like they sent you the french version by mistake
I will try to scan it tonight for you and attach the english version
basically what it says is
how to do inland landing (how to schedule an appointment)
how to do landing at a border or airport
how to prepare the list of items your bringing from back home to canada tax free (furniture, money, cars, etc...)
it talks about the visa they issued to you that it is single entry only and given the maximum validity time and can not be extended
that you have to land with all the other people on your application
and that if you are the main applicant, your wife or kids have to land after you become a permanent resident so line up correctly at the border :D

to be honest I did not read it all
I drove to the border with my passport and copr and that is it :D

Rouble

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madlouni said:
the 4 pages (2 sided 2 pages) are some tips and instructions on how to become a permanent resident
it looks like they sent you the french version by mistake
I will try to scan it tonight for you and attach the english version
basically what it says is
how to do inland landing (how to schedule an appointment)
how to do landing at a border or airport
how to prepare the list of items your bringing from back home to canada tax free (furniture, money, cars, etc...)
it talks about the visa they issued to you that it is single entry only and given the maximum validity time and can not be extended
that you have to land with all the other people on your application
and that if you are the main applicant, your wife or kids have to land after you become a permanent resident so line up correctly at the border :D

to be honest I did not read it all
I drove to the border with my passport and copr and that is it :D
Thanks buddy..:)
I have US visa...should i go for flag polling or go to us and come back?...Someone told me that you get an Administrative Refusal when you do flag polling and it stays in their record..What do you think?

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
Rouble said:
Thanks buddy..:)
I have US visa...should i go for flag polling or go to us and come back?...Someone told me that you get an Administrative Refusal when you do flag polling and it stays in their record..What do you think?

Only if you go all the way to US immigration. There is a path midway on the bridge between US and Canada immigration. You need to take a U turn there instead of going ahead to US Immigration.