+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

jenny573

Mar 20, 2015
Hi All, I need you help and suggestions!

I am a Oct 6 CEC Application and I received my GCMS notes today.
Eligibility:
Security:Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical:

Medical is in blank. I did a Upfront Me in Nov 1 and it didn't show up in my E-case neither.
I called my layer she said there is no way that CIC can link my Upfront Me to my case. Only 3-4 % chance, CIC will link the Upfront Me to the application. I have to wait the Me Request, then to do it again. At this moment, there is nothing they can do. She also said Upfront Me is just useless and waste money. I want to know if it is true.

Thanks!

jfes2015

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
jenny573 said:

Eligibility:
Medical:

Medical is in blank. I did a Upfront Me in Nov 1 and it didn't show up in my E-case neither.
I called my layer she said there is no way that CIC can link my Upfront Me to my case. Only 3-4 % chance, CIC will link the Upfront Me to the application. I have to wait the Me Request, then to do it again. At this moment, there is nothing they can do. She also said Upfront Me is just useless and waste money. I want to know if it is true.

Thanks!
Well.. We did upfront medicals in March 2014 and ours showed up on ECAS in October!! I had to email them several times. As for the waste of time, im not sure if that's true. I mean, we did ours in March and because results are only valid for 1 year its more then likely we will have to do it again as it will soon expire. But that is one of the things I am going to ask when I call in February after the 16 month timeline is up. However I would listen to your lawyer as that is what they are supposed to advice you on.

Vedder

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
jenny573 said:

Eligibility:
Medical:

Thanks!

Definitely not true. As long as you have your UCI and application number on the Medical form, it will eventually be added to your file. I am an August applicant and did my upfront Medical at the end of October and a line stating 'we have received your medical report' was added in December around the same time that early Aug applicants started receiving MR. I suspect that when they start requesting medicals for October applicants they will add yours to the ECAS file. If not send them a copy of the Medical Confirmation at the time.

jenny573

Mar 20, 2015
Thank You Very Much!I really appreciate for your helpful comments!

Vedder said:
Definitely not true. As long as you have your UCI and application number on the Medical form, it will eventually be added to your file. I am an August applicant and did my upfront Medical at the end of October and a line stating 'we have received your medical report' was added in December around the same time that early Aug applicants started receiving MR. I suspect that when they start requesting medicals for October applicants they will add yours to the ECAS file. If not send them a copy of the Medical Confirmation at the time.

Al_Safaniyah123

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Interview........
Medicals Received: 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
Insha Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
jenny573 said:

Eligibility:
Medical:

Thanks!
Hi Jenny, your consultant doesn't seem to have much knowledge about upfront medicals, my brother is a CEC applicant from October 2014, he did his upfront medicals towards the end of September 2015, after 2 weeks he sent an email to the Visa office regarding his upfront medicals and received a reply from the visa office that they have received his results. On the 14th of October 2015 his eCAS was updated with medicals received line. I suggest you send a message to your visa office and ask them to confirm if they have received your medical results. Do not forget to quote your applocation number and the UMI number that was alloted to your upfront medicals.

hars_ptl

Jul 24, 2015
hey I m just worried my rcmp certificate would have been expired...so I have the new updated one...just want to know how can I send one via email.thanks

Al_Safaniyah123

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Interview........
Medicals Received: 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
Insha Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
hars_ptl said:
hey I m just worried my rcmp certificate would have been expired...so I have the new updated one...just want to know how can I send one via email.thanks
Try not to send anything unless you are asked for it

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
Mananas said:
UPDATE:

Processing Time changed to 17months on CIC website. :mad:

where are you seeing this ?....it still says 16 months

ethanriar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2014
Doc's Request.
10-03-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
26-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Fingers crossed my friend!!

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Frankly it's going to be 18 months from date of receiving the AOR. I talked to CIC on Jan/4 and the rep told me that internally it is 18 months and it will show up on website sooner OR later. It did showing 16 months. Next 17 months. It will be soon 18 months. He clearly indicated 18 months from date of receiving the AOR. AOR date + 2 weeks is when the application is sent to Ottawa. It is going to be 17/18 (or whatever) from then on. If what they say is true, we are looking something like Aug/2016. Hope it doesn't become 19/20/21.

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Guys

I am an October 2014 CEC applicant - I know still suffering the wrath of Express entry sucking the blood out of our old process. I applied for my BOWP for my wife and I in September 2015. I know we are both eligible for one year on the BOWP as I have completed my 3 years on the post graduate work permit- my spouse is on my dependent.

Looking at the current timelines, my hunch is I may have to apply for a second BOWP sometime next year if CEC still holds me up and there is no decision made. This is the worst case scenario , I want to be prepared for.

Can you please advise if I will get a second BOWP , if so then for what duration after completing 4 full years of work in Canada

Cheers
Mahesh