Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Copr 14.04.2016
LANDED..........
...Waiting
god grace said:
Thursday one applicant got MR n one gt ppr ....hope for the best in future
Hey, where did you see this?
What are the timelines, what month they from?

Everyone keep your heads up, i have a feeling our time is coming soon!

god grace

Star Member
May 7, 2015
BlessedSherry said:
Hey, where did you see this?
What are the timelines, what month they from?

Everyone keep your heads up, i have a feeling our time is coming soon!

U can ask any august applicant this is true statement. Right now i m having no proof bcs someone deleted august thread

aryaban

Star Member
Dec 30, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-02-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
IELTS Request
upfront on 08-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
The latest ECAS update says my meds have been received, the update came around Oct 19.

I did upfront meds twice, Dec 31 and Sep 29 - I emailed them the former and the clinic sent them the latter directly.

Not sure which one was received though but I guess the ones the clinic sent gets to them in a preferred channel than our emails.

Now that's done, should I pay RPRF upfront? How's that working for anyone who has paid it already?

BlessedSherry

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/09/2014
Doc's Request.
17th March 16, docs sent 2nd April
AOR Received.
07/01/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Copr 14.04.2016
LANDED..........
...Waiting
aryaban said:
The latest ECAS update says my meds have been received, the update came around Oct 19.

I did upfront meds twice, Dec 31 and Sep 29 - I emailed them the former and the clinic sent them the latter directly.

Not sure which one was received though but I guess the ones the clinic sent gets to them in a preferred channel than our emails.

Now that's done, should I pay RPRF upfront? How's that working for anyone who has paid it already?
Why did you do meds twice?

mh2005in

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Hi,

I am an october applicant. I am at my home country with a valid bowp. I applied for temporary resident visa as a returning worker. The visa officer is asking for employment letter from my current employer which is also based in Canada but my employer is not going to provide it. Please help. I have submitted a copy of bowp along with the visa application.

Thanks

alyahmed

Oct 2, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mh2005in said:
Hi,

I am an october applicant. I am at my home country with a valid bowp. I applied for temporary resident visa as a returning worker. The visa officer is asking for employment letter from my current employer which is also based in Canada but my employer is not going to provide it. Please help. I have submitted a copy of bowp along with the visa application.

Thanks
Your employer can't deny you the right of a letter of employment. You should file a complaint if they insist on not giving you one.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently, Work Permit processing times have reduced "BY A FEW DAYS", but still some hope

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

it used to be 140+ days

canind1983

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
Pearl1 said:
Apparently, Work Permit processing times have reduced "BY A FEW DAYS", but still some hope

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

it used to be 140+ days
Thats a good observation, at least some improvement in an area other than EE.

I dont remember seeing 140 days but I did see it at 137 days, and 124 days is a pretty good jump.

It used to be 55 days when I applied for the BOWP SIGH!!!!

Best Regards,

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canind1983 said:
Thats a good observation, at least some improvement in an area other than EE.

I dont remember seeing 140 days but I did see it at 137 days, and 124 days is a pretty good jump.

It used to be 55 days when I applied for the BOWP SIGH!!!!

Best Regards,
well,,, they are on their way to 55 days ... LOL :D

hopefully slackers reach their soon

canind1983

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
Pearl1 said:
well,,, they are on their way to 55 days ... LOL :D

hopefully slackers reach their soon
Its a slow start but it will get there, but with us being completely sane and not becoming nutcases. I highly doubt.

I would love to give them a lollipop, at least they would have something else to suck on to rather than our case files :p

Best Regards,

canind1983

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
canind1983 said:
Its a slow start but it will get there, but with us being completely sane and not becoming nutcases. I highly doubt.

I would love to give them a lollipop, at least they would have something else to suck on to rather than our case files :p

Best Regards,
Guys looks like I was banned from this forum last evening, but now it seems to be revoked.

Is it some kind of bug or someone actually blocked me from posting :)? If latter is the case just wow! Unbelievable.

Best Regards,

aryaban

Star Member
Dec 30, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-02-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
IELTS Request
upfront on 08-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
With my OCD on this forum and my PR app, I have a few clarifications to seek for, which if are correct, will then go on an email to John M.

- CEC was for people who have specialized knowledge + experience + job letter
- FSW for people who have specialized knowledge
- Putting CEC under PR now denies the promise and premise CEC was set under, that's for 2015 era

- Us, unfortunate souls from 2014 CEC, have two options now. Wait till mid next year for PR if everything goes right, or apply under the EE (if we still have the job offer).
- New EE applicants, from other countries are at ~400 because most likely they will not have a job offer if they don't have a status in the country.
- So, EE applicants below 600 are predominantly older FSWs, and they were to be in a different league than us.
- Few folks from our times will be unable to bear the wait time and will apply under EE again. Now, they have an offer, experience, and a 1000+ score. Gets PR in a month!
- This screws the new EE folks, as the score never touches below 400 mark, where most of them are at.

- Basically, CIC wants us to reapply under EE, pay 550$*# of people and things get done in a jiffy (++ the prev 550*#people you paid)
- CIC also wants new EE folks from other countries to apply and then wait for one year to see their money go in drains, their chances are bleak
- Folks who will be patient, will pay RPRF upfront in hopes that will expedite their apps, more time with our money = more interest earning for them
- Foreign students will either dump their hopes, or reapply to another school to improve their EE score, money comes in to the country

Ta Da! This answers the conundrum! The real driver, as always, is $$$ !!!

All the promise that CECs are preferred bec they already fulfill all the criteria can go eff themselves!

All our years in the country, money in the banks, and nosebleeds in the winter - swoosh!

*** not trying to be negative, but this looks too clear to ignore now ***

NPrabhu

Oct 15, 2014
aryaban said:
With my OCD on this forum and my PR app, I have a few clarifications to seek for, which if are correct, will then go on an email to John M.

- CEC was for people who have specialized knowledge + experience + job letter
- FSW for people who have specialized knowledge
- Putting CEC under PR now denies the promise and premise CEC was set under, that's for 2015 era

- Us, unfortunate souls from 2014 CEC, have two options now. Wait till mid next year for PR if everything goes right, or apply under the EE (if we still have the job offer).
- New EE applicants, from other countries are at ~400 because most likely they will not have a job offer if they don't have a status in the country.
- So, EE applicants below 600 are predominantly older FSWs, and they were to be in a different league than us.
- Few folks from our times will be unable to bear the wait time and will apply under EE again. Now, they have an offer, experience, and a 1000+ score. Gets PR in a month!
- This screws the new EE folks, as the score never touches below 400 mark, where most of them are at.

- Basically, CIC wants us to reapply under EE, pay 550$*# of people and things get done in a jiffy (++ the prev 550*#people you paid)
- CIC also wants new EE folks from other countries to apply and then wait for one year to see their money go in drains, their chances are bleak
- Folks who will be patient, will pay RPRF upfront in hopes that will expedite their apps, more time with our money = more interest earning for them
- Foreign students will either dump their hopes, or reapply to another school to improve their EE score, money comes in to the country

Ta Da! This answers the conundrum! The real driver, as always, is $$$ !!!

All the promise that CECs are preferred bec they already fulfill all the criteria can go eff themselves!

All our years in the country, money in the banks, and nosebleeds in the winter - swoosh!

*** not trying to be negative, but this looks too clear to ignore now ***
That is a good observation, but having a job offer right now does not by default get us the additional 600 points in EE; because that comes only with a valid LMO. So most of us even after having Canadian Experience and already employed and mostly on the higher end of the age spectrum (mind it, you get higher points if you are in your 20s and you lose 5 points for every year) end up having lesser than 400 points and never qualify for the ITA :(
I really do not see any advantage of having a Canadian Experience if you are to apply through EE. Just my thoughts; I am sure others may have a different opinion.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
NPrabhu said:
That is a good observation, but having a job offer right now does not by default get us the additional 600 points in EE; because that comes only with a valid LMO. So most of us even after having Canadian Experience and already employed and mostly on the higher end of the age spectrum (mind it, you get higher points if you are in your 20s and you lose 5 points for every year) end up having lesser than 400 points and never qualify for the ITA :(
I really do not see any advantage of having a Canadian Experience if you are to apply through EE. Just my thoughts; I am sure others may have a different opinion.
If one were to apply under EE, at what point in time the old CEC application (say like us 2014 CEC applicants) should be withdrawn. I was told that, we cannot have 2 applications under the same category (ie CEC). Not sure and clear, as to when one should withdraw his CEC application per old rules.

nicehoilove

Feb 7, 2013
MridulSharma said:
If one were to apply under EE, at what point in time the old CEC application (say like us 2014 CEC applicants) should be withdrawn. I was told that, we cannot have 2 applications under the same category (ie CEC). Not sure and clear, as to when one should withdraw his CEC application per old rules.
I remember seeing someone from July or August
he had both application in process and suddenly his CEC status said withdrawn.
he called and found out that they withdrew his cec because his express entry got approved.