+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applications - Oct 2020 **Join Here**

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
We submitted photo and address on July 15th. Then we had to re-submit it on August 6th.
Still waiting for PR Card
VO is Calgary.
Did they give you your copr before requesting new photos?
I got my copr but not sure if photos will be accepted

aviiii123

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
FINALLY got my credentials email & uploaded everything. I wonder if it will be another week before I get my actual eCoPR
A very similar pattern of timeline as you. AOR- jan 08, application approved 28th June, 2021. No portal email yet. Did you get any call from them
?

HS210

Apr 5, 2021
Hi All, I got my eCOPR email on June 8th, AOR- October 15. I am still waiting for my PR card, its been almost 2.5 months now. I submitted my photo via PR portal. Do you think I should call them or wait patiently .

Reactions: Raj_aud
Dec 2, 2020
Hi, Can anyone suggest what can be done for my situation, my spouse was in India while applying, came to Canada 2 months back, and updated the address by calling IRCC. Ordered GCMS notes, still say spouse biometrics not started in three countries(AUS, NZL, USA). AOR 27th Oct, been 9 months still waiting. Eligibility passed on May 2021. How long does it take for the Criminality check to be completed post Eligibility passed. I (PA) have 2 entries for Criminality - one is passed bio and the other is in progress. Not sure what is the other check. Spouse has only one entry for criminality i.e., biometrics alone which is in progress. And I see all the dates are in Dec 2020 in GCMS notes. Seems no one touched the file after Dec 2020 or not sure if it's in progress still, what can be done here?

Raj_aud

Aug 23, 2020
Hi All, I got my eCOPR email on June 8th, AOR- October 15. I am still waiting for my PR card, its been almost 2.5 months now. I submitted my photo via PR portal. Do you think I should call them or wait patiently .
same here. I have received the PR card but my wife (PA) has not received the card. Cant get to the IRCC agents. frustrating

Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Finally I have received my eCoPR on Aug 18th which is 2 months 10 days after In-Canada declaration on PR Confirmation Portal.

Reactions: Ciwan and kumori
May 17, 2021
Got first GU since DEC 2020.
Medical Status was changed to "You do not need a medical exam" which is quite weird since it really has not been 1 year for it to expire.
Does anyone have clue what is this suppose to mean? I am glad I at least got something at this point.

AOR: 28th OCT (CEC Inland)
Medical & Bio: 9th Dec 2020 (Passed)
Eligibility: In Progress.
Criminality: In Progress.
Security: Not started.
VO: Ottawa

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Hello Guys!! I have the exact problem, maybe someone here could help me (us).

So, I got my new SIN number since I got my copr.
I wanted to update it on my CRA account online. There is nothing to update it. I then called CRA, they said I should create a new account.
How do we do that? Because I can either access to my current CRA account (temporary SIN number) and when I tryt to create a new CRA account with my new sin, there is an Error 210.

I called again CRA and they said, canada service should transfer to CRA my new SIN. Once it is updated between canada service and CRA, then I could create a new account. Is this accurate? How did you manage to create a new SIN? Is there a thread here about new SIN after copr?

@Kerikeri ?
Hey,

You definitely have to create a new CRA account, you're not able to access to your old CRA longer when you have new SIN. The problem with creating new CRA account is, seems like it detected my internet IP or something, I wasn't able to create a new account at home, but when I brought my laptop to my friend's place to show and ask her for experience, I happened to able to create it myself normally. So just change your point of access to the Internet and create it and wait for them to send the new code to have full access to the new CRA account. It would take around 10 days or so.

Updating on the headaches with CRA. So, there's very funny about my situation. I uploaded photo of my PR card to prove my status as the GST/HST credit agent suggested, a few days later, I got a new message for OTB debt (yeah :rolleyes: ). I got to learn that CRA, GST/HST credit and OTB don't give a shit and don't work hands in hands with each other. When my status changed, CRA had no prob with my return in the last 3 years, but the benefits offices don't have logic in their systems. Then OTB agent then told me that, when my old CRA account was closed due to an invalid SIN, the system counted that there's no proof for my existence in Canada to get benefits. So my job is, sending them proof that I was in Canada for the last 3 years, aka the lasting time of my old CRA account, so they could verify that the benefits I got from them is legitimate (OMG). She said they got my PR card photos on their system, but it's not what they wanted (thanks, GST agent), and asked me to upload study permit/work permit to prove my legal status in the last 3 years :rolleyes:. At the end, I did ask, when I can expect for the debt to be cleared. She said they're really busy (...) so no timeline for dissolving the problem, I should monitor my CRA account to see if it's gone by October. If it wasn't, give them a call then.

So yeah, guys, headaches ahead with CRA. I hope my story can help you in any way.

lizat

Aug 23, 2021
Hi guys,

I received an AOR in Oct. 29 2020
My husband and I passed the medical tests and submitted our biometrics
In the application it says we do not need any interview, we do not need to submit any additional docs but they are still processing our background check.
I have submitted many emails via the webform but still no response from anyone, I also added my brother as a representative person on our behalf so he can follow up from Canada since he lives there, but also no update.

I am located outside Canada, anyone is experiencing the same delay?!

Reactions: Chicachix

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Hi guys,

I received an AOR in Oct. 29 2020
My husband and I passed the medical tests and submitted our biometrics
In the application it says we do not need any interview, we do not need to submit any additional docs but they are still processing our background check.
I have submitted many emails via the webform but still no response from anyone, I also added my brother as a representative person on our behalf so he can follow up from Canada since he lives there, but also no update.

I am located outside Canada, anyone is experiencing the same delay?!
I don't have the latest news but IRCC did halt processing outland PR applications for a while. I think only inland and/or applicants in US (also not sure about this) got progress. I think you should follow this thread EE AOR Oct 2020 for more outland applicant folks story.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hey,

You definitely have to create a new CRA account, you're not able to access to your old CRA longer when you have new SIN. The problem with creating new CRA account is, seems like it detected my internet IP or something, I wasn't able to create a new account at home, but when I brought my laptop to my friend's place to show and ask her for experience, I happened to able to create it myself normally. So just change your point of access to the Internet and create it and wait for them to send the new code to have full access to the new CRA account. It would take around 10 days or so.

Updating on the headaches with CRA. So, there's very funny about my situation. I uploaded photo of my PR card to prove my status as the GST/HST credit agent suggested, a few days later, I got a new message for OTB debt (yeah :rolleyes: ). I got to learn that CRA, GST/HST credit and OTB don't give a shit and don't work hands in hands with each other. When my status changed, CRA had no prob with my return in the last 3 years, but the benefits offices don't have logic in their systems. Then OTB agent then told me that, when my old CRA account was closed due to an invalid SIN, the system counted that there's no proof for my existence in Canada to get benefits. So my job is, sending them proof that I was in Canada for the last 3 years, aka the lasting time of my old CRA account, so they could verify that the benefits I got from them is legitimate (OMG). She said they got my PR card photos on their system, but it's not what they wanted (thanks, GST agent), and asked me to upload study permit/work permit to prove my legal status in the last 3 years :rolleyes:. At the end, I did ask, when I can expect for the debt to be cleared. She said they're really busy (...) so no timeline for dissolving the problem, I should monitor my CRA account to see if it's gone by October. If it wasn't, give them a call then.

So yeah, guys, headaches ahead with CRA. I hope my story can help you in any way.
Hey! After I successfully log in to my new CRa account, i find out I owe CRA the amount of thye child benefit I got (basically, all of it, that is 5 months child benefit). I then spent more than 1 hour on line waiting for agent who checked for 45 min. Agent said....debt must be due to new SIN and that I just need to wait....Since your reply, I am going to upolad work permit i guess...

tztzttznd

Jan 18, 2021
sharing my timeline

2020 July 7th Invitation
2020 Oct 5th AoR CEC
2020 Nov 13th Passed Medical (upfront in August)
2020 Nov Fingerprint info popped up (done in 2019 for Work Permit)
2020 Dec Moved to U.S.
2021 Mar Called IRCC number twice in the U.S., 1 hour each, and each of them consists of 58 mins of waiting, 2 mins of human conversation. BELL CHARGED ME $400 FOR ROAMING SO DON'T DO IT OUTSIDE CANADA UNLESS YOU KNOW YOUR PLAN COVERS IT WELL!!!
2021 Apr 12th Received an email asking for proof that I'm residing in Canada
2021 Apr Sent a webform clarifying my residence and updated my marriage that just happened
2021 Apr Got a request for husband's profile
2021 July Husband submitted all related docs
2021 Aug 9th Husband passed medical exam
2021 Aug 23rd Sent a webform updating my phone number
2021 Aug 25th PPR

Reactions: MissyJ2
May 17, 2021
FINALLYY!!!!! I got the first confirmation email for PR this morning!!
My medical was extended a couple of days ago and today I got this great news!!

I just have one question, in the email, it was stated "Fill in the information for yourself and for each member of the family" I am a single applicant so I assume it would be just me, correct?

To everyone waiting, all the very best, I hope you too get this great news very soon!!