+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - November 2022 AOR ******

NJSHEN

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
The PR tracker just updated today, looks like it updates every 7 days? (Since it was last updated on Feb 1). They just officially posted the news about the new tracker so we’ll see how it goes.
Anyway, Eligibility for me switch from Not Started to Completed today but my spouse remains Not Started.
Background Check is Not Started, which matches with what says in my application.
Same for me on the tracker - Eligibility got updated to "Completed" today.

GiveMeSomeLuck

Jan 16, 2023
Posting my timeline here

CEC inland single
ITA: Nov 9
AOR: Nov 11
BIL: Some time in early Dec, can't remember
Medical: Reviewing
GU: Jan 31, Background from "processing" to "in progress"

Never called IRCC, just patiently waiting...
Updating my status here, caught another GU today. My medical passed today (used the old one in 2021). BG status still "in progress". Seems like they did not start the security check yet

Reactions: Miracle2018

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Tracker says:
Eligibility passed
Background not started
Biometrics in progress

I thought background is supposed to be the easy one?
Background check can take up to 110 days. If your Background Checks go for longer than 3 months, then there is a chance you've been selected for enhanced screening which could take much much longer - years even.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Background check can take up to 110 days. If your Background Checks go for longer than 3 months, then there is a chance you've been selected for enhanced screening which could take much much longer - years even.
I understand that but I'm concerned it says 'Not Started' yet. Also, my biometrics shows complete on the main portal but not the tracker, I'm hoping this isn't some kind of error..

trevetras

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa, Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
25-11-2022
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
I understand that but I'm concerned it says 'Not Started' yet. Also, my biometrics shows complete on the main portal but not the tracker, I'm hoping this isn't some kind of error..
Don’t trust the tracker lol

Vivek1612

Jun 15, 2021
Got Portal email today
AOR - 25 nov
Dec 20 - medical and biometrics updated
No update since then
Called IRCC yesterday. Was told eligibility passed, criminality passed, info sharing complete, security not started
Today feb 8 - got first portal email

prsoonest

Jan 27, 2023
No GU does not mean no movement. A lot of folks here received portal email within three month without a single update. So, who knows
Very true. Though I called them on Jan 27th and Feb 3rd and both times I was told Eligibility and Security hadn't started yet but medicals and criminality are passed. Though someone on here got the portal email 1 week after being told Eligibility and Security weren't started, so even that may not be a complete indication. Info sharing was in progress on the 27th and I forgot to ask on the 3rd. Single CEC applicant with no dependent but I've once visited the U.S in the past. Not sure if that prolongs the processing or not

prsoonest

Jan 27, 2023
I'm a Nov 10 AOR - Waiting patiently with fingers crossed. While folks after us are already getting their portal 1 email :confused:
I definitely understand how you feel. While happy for others, it's also a bit anxiety inducing how we haven't gotten and people who applied 3 weeks later have gotten. I sometimes view the July, August, September & October threads and even some people from there haven't gotten but some people in December have gotten. Seems really random how they process it and I wish it wasn't so and they'd just do it systematically.