+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

Ashare

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi All
Is it just me who feels that the applications with AOR between April last week and May first week 2018 hasn’t got any PPR
Mine is May 2nd
Called CEC today and they advised me that eligibility recommended pass ( was advised the same about 50 days before by another agent)
But my background check hasn’t started
I’m clueless and exhausted :( !

Hope everyone gets PPR soon my friends !

bonbonwang

Aug 17, 2018
Hi All
Is it just me who feels that the applications with AOR between April last week and May first week 2018 hasn’t got any PPR
Mine is May 2nd
Called CEC today and they advised me that eligibility recommended pass ( was advised the same about 50 days before by another agent)

My AOR was on May 9th. Called on July 24th and the agent said only medical passed on my case. Eligibility and criminality are in progress. Called again on August 11, agent said my eligibility recommended pass but criminality is still in progress, and she said again, as long as it is within 6 months range, it is make sense. I ordered notes by end of July, hopefully I could get more details information on the application by then.

Reactions: LunaMay and Ashare

Shaq

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hi All
Mine is May 2nd

Same here bro. I don't even want to call because I'll be more stressed if the processing hasn't started. The last time I tried calling, the automated message said: "we cannot transfer your call, please call at another time".

pintu999

Jul 20, 2018
Hi All
Mine is May 2nd

Hi,

Seems like average processing time is 122 days and there are numbers of cases who got PPR on 118 or 119th day after AOR..

AK1990

Aug 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
17-05-2018
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
Hi everyone,

Applied under CEC-inland, no additional dependants, 530ish CRS points.

Below is my timeline:

- AOR: 05/18/2018
- Medical passed: 05/28/2018
- IP2: 05/28/2018 («we are processing your background check...»)

No news yet, just hit the 90 days mark today.

Additional elements:

- GCMS (first request): 06/26/2018 *Eligibility: recommend passed (A11.2 and R87.1 appearmet, R10 OK)
*Criminality: in progress
*Security: not started

- BOWP application: 06/26/2018
*No news yet, just hit the 51 days mark today.

- Called CIC on 03/08/2018, got told that eligibility is passed

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone,

UPDATE:

BOWP submitted: 06/26/2018
BOWP approved: 08/20/2018

55 days from submission of application until approval.

Best of luck to everyone!

notee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Hi everyone,

UPDATE:

BOWP submitted: 06/26/2018
BOWP approved: 08/20/2018

55 days from submission of application until approval.

Best of luck to everyone!
Hi, that's great! Did anything in your application change before bowp approval? And how much time did you receive on the wp?

AK1990

Aug 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
17-05-2018
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
Hi, that's great! Did anything in your application change before bowp approval? And how much time did you receive on the wp?
Hi,

Only one update occurred since submission of the application. Please see all details here and here.

I got 1 year. Valid until 08/17/2019. Which leads me to believe that they give 1 year from the moment the application was approved (i.e.: independent from current work permit expiry date).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers.

Last edited:

notee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Hi,

Only one update occurred since submission of the application. Please see all details here and here.

I got 1 year. Valid until 08/17/2019. Which leads me to believe that they give 1 year from the moment the application was approved (i.e.: independent from current work permit expiry date).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers.
Thanks so much! Applied for my bowp on June 30th so hoping i receive mine at the latest next week according to your timeline.

Shaq

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hey guys, what’s the best time to call CIC within Canada? I have tried 12pm CST but it never works. The call ends with the message we are experiencing high volume and cannot transfer your call to an agent. This happens after hearing my status through an automated system. (posting this on multiple threads)

Soccer_rage

Aug 7, 2018
Hey guys, what’s the best time to call CIC within Canada? I have tried 12pm CST but it never works. The call ends with the message we are experiencing high volume and cannot transfer your call to an agent. This happens after hearing my status through an automated system. (posting this on multiple threads)
8:00 am and 12:00 pm worked for me when I called cic. If the volume is very high , the call will be disconnected.After listening to the automated system message , listen carefully and It'll say that if you want to speak to an agent stay on the line. Hope this helps

Reactions: Shaq