CEC Inland Applicant
AOR - July 28th, 2018
Eligibility - under review
Medicals - you do not need one
Background - Not applicable
Additional Docs - not needed
Application - in progress

Not even my medicals updated yet.

I called IRCC last week and the agent told me everything looks good and that the case processing officer did not update it yet and it's normal to not hear anything for a while sometimes. He says standard processing time is 6 months so patience is all that is required at this point.

Please throw some light to this and your thoughts or anything.

Thank you

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi Everyone,
Would like you all to throw some light to this:
CEC Inland Applicant
AOR - July 28th, 2018
Eligibility - under review
Medicals - you do not need one
Background - Not applicable
Additional Docs - not needed
Application - in progress

Not even my medicals updated yet.

I called IRCC last week and the agent told me everything looks good and that the case processing officer did not update it yet and it's normal to not hear anything for a while sometimes. He says standard processing time is 6 months so patience is all that is required at this point.

Please throw some light to this and your thoughts or anything.

Thank you
All of us here are at or over the 6 months processing mark, so I'd say that 6-month timeline is a myth. Processing time is when they're done processing. :rolleyes:
Moreover, when I called CIC for my application (AOR - 30May), the agent told me 6 months is not the processing time, it is the expiration date of the medical.
So, my friend, I'd say wait some more and also order GCMS notes for more detailed insight about your file.

nik088

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
All of us here are at or over the 6 months processing mark, so I'd say that 6-month timeline is a myth. Processing time is when they're done processing. :rolleyes:
Moreover, when I called CIC for my application (AOR - 30May), the agent told me 6 months is not the processing time, it is the expiration date of the medical.
So, my friend, I'd say wait some more and also order GCMS notes for more detailed insight about your file.
Hey Myra,
Thanks for following up. The thing is that when I called them last week they said my Medical is Valid till Aug 2019 so it's one year validity. My only concern is that not even the medicals are updated yet. Also, she also told me that my application is in Vancouver.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hey Myra,
Thanks for following up. The thing is that when I called them last week they said my Medical is Valid till Aug 2019 so it's year validity. My only concern is that not even the medicals are updated yet. She also told me that my application is in Vancouver.
I hear you! I came across a guy who's at same stage and he is May AOR. It's just that things are getting little delayed for you. I know this isn't the best. But there is no solid explanation as to why do they do this. Order your notes in the interim and I am really hopeful, as you are coming near your six month mark in next couple of months, you'll soon see some update on your file. :)

nik088

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
I hear you! I came across a guy who's at same stage and he is May AOR. It's just that things are getting little delayed for you. I know this isn't the best. But there is no solid explanation as to why do they do this. Order your notes in the interim and I am really hopeful, as you are coming near your six month mark in next couple of months, you'll soon see some update on your file. :)
sounds good. thank you

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
another question!! are the GCMS notes ordered through the ATIP online?
Hey there!

Yes, if you are currently present in Canada, you can order them online via ATIP under the Privacy Act for free. If you're not in Canada but have a reference in Canada, they can order on your behalf via the Access to Information Act for 5 Dollars. If you're outside Canada and no contact in Canada who can order on your behalf, you can refer to agencies that can order on your behalf, like getgcms etc. for a fee. Hope this helps :)

nik088

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Hey there!

Yes, if you are currently present in Canada, you can order them online via ATIP under the Privacy Act for free. If you're not in Canada but have a reference in Canada, they can order on your behalf via the Access to Information Act for 5 Dollars. If you're outside Canada and no contact in Canada who can order on your behalf, you can refer to agencies that can order on your behalf, like getgcms etc. for a fee. Hope this helps :)
Hi Tariq, thank you for responding. Do you think it is wise to order GCMS notes right now given that my AOR is July 28th, 2018 and no updates at all not even medicals? Or should i wait till November 28th to hit 4 months?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Me name on the report is in wrong sequence.they write my given name on the place of family name.
I don't think you need to do anything, Medical report is processed by the passport no, However i would still suggest you check with the authorities who did your medical exam. I am sure they will help in this regards

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Hi Tariq, thank you for responding. Do you think it is wise to order GCMS notes right now given that my AOR is July 28th, 2018 and no updates at all not even medicals? Or should i wait till November 28th to hit 4 months?
You can order your GCMS using ATIP if you are in canada anytime you want. Its normal that many people don't get any updates and at once they get 2-3 updates.

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
I personally think its perfectly okay to order them at the stage you're at. We ordered ours as soon as we crossed the 3 month mark.