+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC MARCH 2019 AOR GROUP

Akanksha2058

Jul 16, 2019
Hello everyone !!!
I studied 5 year architecture degree from India. Final year required internship of 9am - 1 pm with the architect from college. Whereas due to financial issues I worked in another office from 2pm - 9pm on reception desk for an year.
Does anyone knows if my reception job will be counted as experience.

Thank You in Advance.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Hello everyone !!!
I studied 5 year architecture degree from India. Final year required internship of 9am - 1 pm with the architect from college. Whereas due to financial issues I worked in another office from 2pm - 9pm on reception desk for an year.
Does anyone knows if my reception job will be counted as experience.

Thank You in Advance.
Receptionist title by definition does not belong to A,B, or O groups, so it won’t be count as experience that is useful to CEC class.

Akanksha2058

Jul 16, 2019
Receptionist title by definition does not belong to A,B, or O groups, so it won’t be count as experience that is useful to CEC class.
Thank You so much for your reply.
Incase its eligible I will select NOC 1241 Skill level B, as my duties in experience letter matches exactly with it.
But can I select it as I was also a student at time(not full time)

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Thank You so much for your reply.
Incase its eligible I will select NOC 1241 Skill level B, as my duties in experience letter matches exactly with it.
But can I select it as I was also a student at time(not full time)
No, only full time counts, then you should better use the title I think “office admin”. But I think experience only counts after you graduate from school and go to work full time. It’s applied to me like that maybe because I studied undergrad in Canada and I was allowed to work upto 20 hours part time but all these experiences doesn’t count no matter what title I had for them.

Akanksha2058

Jul 16, 2019
The Job was full time. ( 42 hours a week) and did not require bachelors. (Similar is mentioned in NOC 1241)
But during the final year, the studies were online and we were not supposed to go to college and do the project with senior architect that I was doing 9-1.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
The Job was full time. ( 42 hours a week) and did not require bachelors. (Similar is mentioned in NOC 1241)
But during the final year, the studies were online and we were not supposed to go to college and do the project with senior architect that I was doing 9-1.
Then I’m not sure for you case, I’m not saying that a bachelor has to be required for the job, I’m saying that job experience only count for me only after I graduated. Maybe it’s different for you in India. And when you fill in the application they will ask what you were doing at each period of time, then it will be overlapped for you to say that you work and also study, I’m not sure. I guess I can’t help much cuz our cases are not the same.

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Has anybody gone through a “Final determination for PR interview” at IRCC CALGARY in Harry Hays Building? Can kindly share your experience? I am CEC Inland and my AOR was 10th April and i am seeking help and hoping that someone can advise me on my interview issue. My appointment date is drawing near, I am very worry as I don’t know what they will ask. Hope someone can advise me so that I can be more prepared. Thank you in advance!

Sparta02

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Has anybody gone through a “Final determination for PR interview” at IRCC CALGARY in Harry Hays Building? Can kindly share your experience? I am CEC Inland and my AOR was 10th April and i am seeking help and hoping that someone can advise me on my interview issue. My appointment date is drawing near, I am very worry as I don’t know what they will ask. Hope someone can advise me so that I can be more prepared. Thank you in advance!
Dont worry too much, its not an interrogation. Just give concise and honest answers and you'll be fine.