+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC INLAND SHARE YOUR TIMELINE

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glen222 said:
hey congrats...Hey what is R87.1 and A11.2 on the GCMS notes?Huh...I received mine GCMS Notes today
A11.2 checks if the points claimed in your profile is supported by documents i.e. work exp, adaptability, etc

R87.1 checks if your are eligible for CEC i.e. minimum one year canadian exp in last 3 years.

sugoidesne

Mar 5, 2016
Hi! I have a question on this.

My LMIA work permit is also expiring this coming August and I applied for PR under CEC inland at the end of April.

My friend who went through the PR process in the past advised me to apply for BOWP but apply it until the last possible date, but I don't quite understand why. He also told me I don't have to work for my current LMIA employer if I do this process.

I have "LMIA" work permit which allows me to work at the certain employer only. But when we say "BOWP," it stands for bridging OPEN work permit.

1)Does this mean ONCE or AFTER my LMIA wp expires, I can work for any employer until the decision is made? 2) Or Does this mean I can work for any employer THE MOMENT I applied for BOWP? 3) Or neither of those 2 choices but stay working at the current employer until PR decision is made?

I am so confused.. Can someone help me please..!!

Thanks a bunch!

Ab
rajibsam said:
Apply for BOWP if you dont get PR by Sep end.

To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

be currently in Canada;
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
have completed one of the following APR stages:
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;
have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sugoidesne said:
Hi! I have a question on this.

My LMIA work permit is also expiring this coming August and I applied for PR under CEC inland at the end of April.

My friend who went through the PR process in the past advised me to apply for BOWP but apply it until the last possible date, but I don't quite understand why. He also told me I don't have to work for my current LMIA employer if I do this process.

I have "LMIA" work permit which allows me to work at the certain employer only. But when we say "BOWP," it stands for bridging OPEN work permit.

1)Does this mean ONCE or AFTER my LMIA wp expires, I can work for any employer until the decision is made? 2) Or Does this mean I can work for any employer THE MOMENT I applied for BOWP? 3) Or neither of those 2 choices but stay working at the current employer until PR decision is made?

I am so confused.. Can someone help me please..!!

Thanks a bunch!

Ab
The rule says

be currently in Canada;
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

So its required that you passed the R10 check. Usually R10 happens within 2-3 weeks of application submission (when Back ground check is marked as Not Needed from In-Progress). Since you submitted in April, hence by now you would have completed R10 check. You can apply for BOWP immediately.

If you are on open work permit, you can work for any employer. But I am not sure how it works with BOWP for LMIA permit holder. If there is any restriction it will be mentioned on the BOWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
Determining if nomination has employment restrictions

In order to determine whether the applicant is subject to restrictions on employment, a nomination template letter has been provided to all provinces and territories. Different versions of the letter have already been implemented by several provinces and territories and are in the process of being implemented by all other provinces and territories.

This letter contains one of the following boxes, which IRCC officers can use to determine whether there are employment restrictions on the nomination. Provinces and territories have been instructed to choose “Yes” or “No” in the Restrictions on employment field, as this will provide IRCC officers with confirmation of whether the nominee is, in fact, eligible to apply for a BOWP.

Provinces and territories may include an employer or the name of the occupation and the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, and still indicate that there are no employment restrictions. In these cases, the applicants are eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.

For previous versions of nomination letters (not template letters), if there is no specific indication on the letter that there are employment restrictions, the applicant is eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
rajibsam said:
The rule says

be currently in Canada;

So its required that you passed the R10 check. Usually R10 happens within 2-3 weeks of application submission (when Back ground check is marked as Not Needed from In-Progress). Since you submitted in April, hence by now you would have completed R10 check. You can apply for BOWP immediately.

If you are on open work permit, you can work for any employer. But I am not sure how it works with BOWP for LMIA permit holder. If there is any restriction it will be mentioned on the BOWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
Determining if nomination has employment restrictions

In order to determine whether the applicant is subject to restrictions on employment, a nomination template letter has been provided to all provinces and territories. Different versions of the letter have already been implemented by several provinces and territories and are in the process of being implemented by all other provinces and territories.

This letter contains one of the following boxes, which IRCC officers can use to determine whether there are employment restrictions on the nomination. Provinces and territories have been instructed to choose “Yes” or “No” in the Restrictions on employment field, as this will provide IRCC officers with confirmation of whether the nominee is, in fact, eligible to apply for a BOWP.

Provinces and territories may include an employer or the name of the occupation and the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, and still indicate that there are no employment restrictions. In these cases, the applicants are eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.

For previous versions of nomination letters (not template letters), if there is no specific indication on the letter that there are employment restrictions, the applicant is eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.
Hasn't it changed to just AOR recently? I believe they're not looking at completeness check now

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
crazydesifool said:
Hasn't it changed to just AOR recently? I believe they're not looking at completeness check now
No they still look for completeness. It's just that you can submit BOWP application along with PR application and you would remain under implied status UNTIL completeness check is done and then BOWP is processed and approved.

So the advantage is that you don't have to wait for completeness check to pass to submit BOWP application

Reddysar

Star Member
Aug 15, 2015
Dear all,

I need your valuable inputs on my situation. I am working in Quebec & I have applied for PR through express entry.
I have SINP PNP nomination.
My PR process quick details below:
PNP Inland
AOR : 19-Apr-2016
Medicals : In Review
Schedule 4 submitted : 03-May
Settlement plan submitted : 06-June-16
BG: Not needed at this time

I have received GCMS notes , as per notes self and son medicals passed and wife medicals in process from last 2 months.
My wife is pregnant and she has done all medicals including X-ray with protective shield with doctor consultation.
My wife medical results all are ok which has been confirmed by panel physician , I have double checked there is no issue and no adverse information stated on my wife medical reports except pregnancy.
Now I need your valuable inputs for below questions:
1. Is there any reasons delay in accepting my wife medicals due to pregnancy even completing all the tests ?
2. Do I need to declare dependent before delivery in my application?
3. Is there any information /documents need to provide to CIC to speed up my wife medicals?
4. In similar situations how long it takes to finish medical.
I Kindly request you please provide valuable comments on above situations.

Thank you In advance for your time and response.

sugoidesne

Mar 5, 2016
So if my understanding is correct, once I'm done applying for BOWP, I should continue working at the current LMIA employer. Then when my LMIA WP expires, I should still work for the same LMIA employer.

Later on when my BOWP actually gets approved, that allows me to work for ANY employers since it's open status but just have to notify the cic the change of jobs since my PR application is most likely still be under process? Am I understanding this correctly?

I will most likely stay with the current LMIA employer for the sake of current PR application and consistency but I really want to understand this process. ???

fkl said:
No they still look for completeness. It's just that you can submit BOWP application along with PR application and you would remain under implied status UNTIL completeness check is done and then BOWP is processed and approved.

So the advantage is that you don't have to wait for completeness check to pass to submit BOWP application

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sugoidesne said:
So if my understanding is correct, once I'm done applying for BOWP, I should continue working at the current LMIA employer. Then when my LMIA WP expires, I should still work for the same LMIA employer.

Later on when my BOWP actually gets approved, that allows me to work for ANY employers since it's open status but just have to notify the cic the change of jobs since my PR application is most likely still be under process? Am I understanding this correctly?

I will most likely stay with the current LMIA employer for the sake of current PR application and consistency but I really want to understand this process. ???
YES

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
sugoidesne said:

Here you can check the backgrounder: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2015/2015-12-01.asp

glen222

Nov 4, 2015
hi i am cec inland applicant..just received gcms..it says

Funds exempt : N
Funds met : N

Should i be getting worried.. Please advice

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
glen222 said:
hi i am cec inland applicant..just received gcms..it says

Funds exempt : N
Funds met : N

Should i be getting worried.. Please advice
That's incomplete information. Does it say this under the section with CEC since you are a CEC applicant?

It is likely that you are looking at a section under FSW or PNP.

Unless you see the above under CEC i.e. PR program under which you have applied, you shouldn't be concerned.

Update: Oh and yes, since CEC is funds exempt, there likely won't be such an entry under CEC (I just looked at my notes from a while back to confirm and I was a CEC PR)

glen222

Nov 4, 2015
fkl said:
That's incomplete information. Does it say this under the section with CEC since you are a CEC applicant?

It is likely that you are looking at a section under FSW or PNP.

Unless you see the above under CEC i.e. PR program under which you have applied, you shouldn't be concerned.

Update: Oh and yes, since CEC is funds exempt, there likely won't be such an entry under CEC (I just looked at my notes from a while back to confirm and I was a CEC PR)
Yes you are right....I checked again...doesn't say anything under cec category.

xiiiiiii

Jan 14, 2016
AOR Feb 19, CEC no PNP or LMIA. Still waiting......

Got the notes at the end of May. After the police certificate and education were verified, it seems like they stopped there and have not touched my profile since March 16. Other than that I didn't get much info from the notes.

Don't know if I should order the notes again?

glen222 said:
Hey did anyone from February Aor received ppr ? ?

res1

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
26-08-2016
xiiiiiii said:
AOR Feb 19, CEC no PNP or LMIA. Still waiting......

Got the notes at the end of May. After the police certificate and education were verified, it seems like they stopped there and have not touched my profile since March 16. Other than that I didn't get much info from the notes.

Don't know if I should order the notes again?
Do your notes cover week of May 11? My timeline is similar to yours, and my file wasn't touched mid-March to mid-May