+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Inland - Job experience letter from former employer

Julia_1984

Jan 18, 2018
Dear all,
I am just preparing my documents for CEC Inland and have a question related to my job experience letter from Germany. I worked for the company for a total of 5 years but I am only claiming points for 3 1/2 years while I was working as a marketing co-ordinator under NOC 1123. I have an experience letter from Oct 2012 to Dec 2015 as the company was sold on January 1, 2016. My former boss and direct supervisor still works for the mother company who owned my company and he gave me the letter because the company who bought my company will not provide me with that. We did not end on good terms.

Will that be ok that it is on the letterhead of the mother company when it was the mother company back then? Do I have to translate the letterhead and his business card because they are in German?

My former boss will also provide an explanation letter of when the company was sold again.

Would that be enough or will that be a problem?

Thanks a lot!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Dear all,
I am just preparing my documents for CEC Inland and have a question related to my job experience letter from Germany. I worked for the company for a total of 5 years but I am only claiming points for 3 1/2 years while I was working as a marketing co-ordinator under NOC 1123. I have an experience letter from Oct 2012 to Dec 2015 as the company was sold on January 1, 2016. My former boss and direct supervisor still works for the mother company who owned my company and he gave me the letter because the company who bought my company will not provide me with that. We did not end on good terms.

Will that be ok that it is on the letterhead of the mother company when it was the mother company back then? Do I have to translate the letterhead and his business card because they are in German?

My former boss will also provide an explanation letter of when the company was sold again.

Would that be enough or will that be a problem?
It's not really clear what the concern is - is it just because the company was sold and has a new name? In any case, the letter should be fine, and is helpful to have the explanation from your former boss. As long as the letter is in English or French, I don't think you need to translate anything.

But - you have not indicated whether the old letter contains all the required information. That should be your main concern. The letter must have:
- dates of employment
- job title
- # hours worked per week
- wage/salary + benefits if applicable
- job duties/responsibilities
- contact info

And, do you have any other supporting documentation?

Julia_1984

Jan 18, 2018
It's not really clear what the concern is - is it just because the company was sold and has a new name? In any case, the letter should be fine, and is helpful to have the explanation from your former boss. As long as the letter is in English or French, I don't think you need to translate anything.

But - you have not indicated whether the old letter contains all the required information. That should be your main concern. The letter must have:
- dates of employment
- job title
- # hours worked per week
- wage/salary + benefits if applicable
- job duties/responsibilities
- contact info

And, do you have any other supporting documentation?
Dear Jes_On, thank you for your quick reply. The company still exists under the same name but the owner/mother company changed and I did not leave on very good terms so they will not give me anything. I am still on very good terms though with their former mother company and they give me the letter with dates of employement, job title, hours, etc. but it is on the former mother company's header and his business card does not say CEO of the company anymore. Company was sold but is still operating on the same name.