+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Inland application currently residing at Etobicoke office

CanuckedUp

Jul 19, 2017
No update on mine. No movement in GCMS notes either, it’s like they’re sitting on it. Is your application at Etobicoke office as well.

Thanks!
Hi @manishavb,

Sorry to hear that!

I'm in a similar situation too. No updates, nor any real progress (as far as I can tell) in the GCMS notes.

Yes, my file also moved to Etobicoke. It does kind of feel as if files are being sat on/slow to move at that particular office, as I don't seem to see any PPRs going out from there : (.

May I ask if you've spoken to an Officer/Agent since your file moved there? I ask because, as far as I can tell this office doesn't seem to have a publicly available phone number (or even email address) so that they can be contacted directly to ask for an update, whereas the other offices seem to have one or both.

Cheers!

manishavb

Feb 9, 2018
Hi @manishavb,

Sorry to hear that!

I'm in a similar situation too. No updates, nor any real progress (as far as I can tell) in the GCMS notes.

Yes, my file also moved to Etobicoke. It does kind of feel as if files are being sat on/slow to move at that particular office, as I don't seem to see any PPRs going out from there : (.

May I ask if you've spoken to an Officer/Agent since your file moved there? I ask because, as far as I can tell this office doesn't seem to have a publicly available phone number (or even email address) so that they can be contacted directly to ask for an update, whereas the other offices seem to have one or both.

Cheers!
Hi!
No, I haven't spoken to an agent since the file moved there. I had written to the Ottawa email ID to check the visa office and that's how I found out that it was moved to the Etobicoke office. Then ordered GCMS notes twice but no movement, not that I can tell.
I've heard of a couple of people who have received calls from the Etobicoke office for PPR and landing interviews. That seems to a new process for the CEC applicants. See: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/who-waiting-for-ppr-after-medical-done-join-here.196301/page-116#post-6951259

Best of luck on your application! Hope all of us hear from them soon.

Cheers!

CanuckedUp

Jul 19, 2017
Hi!
No, I haven't spoken to an agent since the file moved there. I had written to the Ottawa email ID to check the visa office and that's how I found out that it was moved to the Etobicoke office. Then ordered GCMS notes twice but no movement, not that I can tell.
I've heard of a couple of people who have received calls from the Etobicoke office for PPR and landing interviews. That seems to a new process for the CEC applicants. See: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/who-waiting-for-ppr-after-medical-done-join-here.196301/page-116#post-6951259

Best of luck on your application! Hope all of us hear from them soon.

Cheers!
Thank you for the link! I will check the thread out to see if it may be able to help me figure my situation out : ).

Interestingly, I was actually in Canada, then moved back to Europe during the application process, so don't think they can/would call me, as my Canadian number would just go to voicemail I guess : ( and don't think they call or schedule interviews for CEC applicants outside of Canada, as far as I am aware. I did notify CIC that I am in Europe though, so hope that this isn't what has caused my file to become "stuck" : (.

In any case, thanks for taking the time to share you experience so far, and I wish you all the best too for the speedy processing of your application! : ).

Cheers!

CanuckedUp

Jul 19, 2017
Hey!
I received a message in my online account last week for an interview. It's on Friday at the Etobicoke office. Have to take a bunch of documents that they've listed in the message. Will keep you all posted after that.
That's awesome news! You're one step closer! :)

Hope everything goes quickly and smoothly for you! :)

Cheers!

Reactions: manishavb

manishavb

Feb 9, 2018
Hey @manishavb how was your interview and what did they asked you ?
Hey, interview went smoothly. The visa officer explained that my file was selected randomly and nothing was wrong in it. He just asked questions about employment and daily routines. Talked to me and my spouse separately to see that our answers are similar. Took about 1.5hrs and then let us know that he will be approving the file right away and in a couple of weeks I will get message for landing in my CIC account. So relieved! Now just waiting for the landing details.