+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Inland application currently residing at Etobicoke office

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
I got my landing email 2 weeks ago. Done with the landing procedure. just wanted to provide an update to fellow group members here.

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
I completed the landing procedure at the visa office. They had scheduled the interview date the time for me ..it was mentioned in the email itself/

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
How was the whole process/experience? Can you please explain if you have time?
Yea sure. The landing email caught me by surprise as I was mentally prepared for it to take a whole of 6 months. I had already planned a vacation out of Canada in August. Landing interview was scheduled on 29th July. I told them about my upcoming vacation by replying to the email. They asked me to inform them when I am back and then they will reschedule the interview. I thought about it for a day and then decided to land first and postpone my vacation so I informed them about my cancellation of vacation and asked if I could attend the interview on the originally scheduled date, they said yes. So I got two photos as per the guidelines, print out of the landing interview email and my two passports ( I had renewed my passport after applying for PR) and off I went for the interview. I arrived 15 minutes earlier. The guard asked to show him the email and an ID. An agent was assigned to me. I waited for about 30 minutes before being called to the window. They asked pretty standard questions (like Have you been charged with criminal activity etc. etc.). The only hiccup I had was about the entry date into Canada. Apparently, it is the date of your last entry into Canada after you applied for PR. They had a really old entry on record which was from when I was a student. So we sorted that out and I gave them the date when I returned from my home country after applying for PR. However later I realized that that wasn't the correct date because I traveled to the U.S. after that but I forgot about that trip. The agent was willing to put whatever date I told them so I figure it is not that important. That was that. I was given my COPR and congratulated on becoming a permanent resident and was informed that I can get my SIN after 2 days.