+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - Draw 176 - PR Application Submitted - Wait Times + Further Discussion

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi Guys, i called CIC today and they said VO office is always CIO-Sydney so is it that files always go there and then gets moved to another VO's?
That’s where the first step which is the completeness check (including medical review) happens. After that for inland applicants, normally it gets sent to CPC Ottawa for eligibility review where it stays for most of the application’s life until a decision has been made.

Reactions: dannyrod

dannyrod

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
That’s where the first step which is the completeness check (including medical review) happens. After that for inland applicants, normally it gets sent to CPC Ottawa for eligibility review where it stays for most of the application’s life until a decision has been made.
Thanks for your reply. Btw my medicals were approved like a month ago and also i received first gost update a week ago. Still today the CIC agent said its in CIO-Sydney. Maybe its not moved yet ?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks for your reply. Btw my medicals were approved like a month ago and also i received first gost update a week ago. Still today the CIC agent said its in CIO-Sydney. Maybe its not moved yet ?
Most likely that your file is not yet assigned to a case analyst. Mine took a month to be transferred from Sydney to Ottawa.

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
Most likely that your file is not yet assigned to a case analyst. Mine took a month to be transferred from Sydney to Ottawa.
Hi NOC98,
Did it take 1 month after AOR or MEP/BIL?
I was requested RCMP on 19th March (they gave a deadline in 2 months for that). I uploaded it 1 week ago but up to now its still «The additional documents you provided have been uploaded!»
Do you know normally, how long it will take to change to «in review» or «not applicable»? Or my uploaded document will only be opened to review 1-2 days before the deadline?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi NOC98,
Did it take 1 month after AOR or MEP/BIL?
I was requested RCMP on 19th March (they gave a deadline in 2 months for that). I uploaded it 1 week ago but up to now its still «The additional documents you provided have been uploaded!»
Do you know normally, how long it will take to change to «in review» or «not applicable»? Or my uploaded document will only be opened to review 1-2 days before the deadline?
No one can tell the exact timelines on how IRCC is working. It will all depend on the assigned case analyst and the officer working your file, when they’d be able to open and review your application + any ADRs. The status on ADR is not that reliable, mine stayed the same status as yours all the way until I got a decision.

Reactions: bigvac123

Danifola

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Called IRCC today to find out my VO and know if any progress at all
Criminality passed
Eligibility and all others still in process
VO- Sydney. Have heard they are slow, so let’s see what happens from here on. Won’t call again till my 6 months mark.
no reason to be calling all the time

Sep 16, 2020
Hi everyone,
I had part one of my medical tests done a few days ago.
I have the Client Information sheet that the clinic gave me, to submit along with my application.
Here in Halifax, the blood tests and X-Rays are done in another hospital.
I got an appointment for 5th May.
Do you suggest that I wait till the blood tests and X-Rays are done, before I apply?
My ITA is valid till 16th May.

Nemmo

May 8, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have the Client Information sheet that the clinic gave me, to submit along with my application.
Do you suggest that I wait till the blood tests and X-Rays are done, before I apply?
I asked the doctor he said you can submit without waiting because it will take time to open your file and I did that

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
Hi everyone,
Normally, it takes about 14 days from AOR to MEP. But i saw some posts that they got MEP in just 4-7 days.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,
I’d suggest to wait and complete your medical procedures before submission. You still have time anyways. Submitting early will not get your app processed as you’re still missing a medical procedure which is required to meet the R10 completeness check step (1st step). IRCC will wait for the complete medical before doing any further processing.
Read the application intake section here carefully.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Have a read of the different steps involved in EE after your submit your application:https://askkubeir.com/lifeline-of-express-entry/