+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - Draw 176 - PR Application Submitted - Wait Times + Further Discussion

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I am one of the 27,000 lucky applicants for CEC.

I just submitted my application today February 23, 2021.

Is there any news or update on how are they gonna handle the 27,000 applicants? Is it still 6months processing?
Check the 2019 IRCC year end report, table 35, 80% of CEC applicants were processed in 7 months. That’s pre-covid. If your application gets processed in 6 months, consider yourself lucky.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Ok, thank you. Do you maybe know why on document checklist I am asked for post secondary diploma? I claimed points for high school and have WES for it. I didn't say in my profile that I have anything else other then high school. Got ITA under CEC.
Did you check your answers under the educational section? It’s weird that they’re asking for post secondary diploma when you only claimed points for high school education.

CoveBosniaTz

May 28, 2019
Did you check your answers under the educational section? It’s weird that they’re asking for post secondary diploma when you only claimed points for high school education.
Yes, I did. Everything is NO and they still asking. Another weird thing is that CIC is asking same for my wife but for her I didn't claim anything, 0 points for education (reason: she didn't do WES). Not sure what to attach to that field. It's frustrating, not sure can they reject me because of this.

Nemmo

May 8, 2020
Yes, I did. Everything is NO and they still asking. Another weird thing is that CIC is asking same for my wife but for her I didn't claim anything, 0 points for education (reason: she didn't do WES). Not sure what to attach to that field. It's frustrating, not sure can they reject me because of this.
You can write LOE in this place and explain why you didn’t submit maybe you submit the Secondary school diploma for you and your wife.

Reactions: NOC98

Khushpurewal

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
I was presented with these options for document upload

- Digital Photo
- Education (Diplomas/Degrees)
- Employment Records 1
- Employment Records 2
- Letter of Employment
- Marriage License Certificate
- Offer of Employment
- Passport Travel Documents (Multiple)
- Police Certificate
- Proof of Means of Financial Support
- Proof of Upfront Medical Exam
Hi what should i upload on Letter of employment and offer of employment? i got these options too with employment records because i am close work permit holder based on LMIA
Any suggestions should be helpful
Thnx

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Need advice!
1. Country of origin - Ukraine
2. Lived in Poland for 1 year while studying (so was my country of residence) and have a bunch of stamps as I was going back home every month to visit
3. Currently leaving in Canada (current country of residence) and went home twice so far to visit

so under my travel history, I don’t have to mention travels between country of origin (Ukraine) and country of residence- BUT!! Do they mean only current country of residence (Canada) or it includes previous country of residence as well (Poland)?
Basically, do I need to mention all of my 20 stamps between Ukraine and Poland while I was a student there (as Poland used to be my country of residence)

please help!!! Thanks!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi what should i upload on Letter of employment and offer of employment? i got these options too with employment records because i am close work permit holder based on LMIA
Thnx
For offer of employment, did you claim 50 points for job offer?? If yes, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html search for “letter of offer from employer”.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Need advice!
1. Country of origin - Ukraine
2. Lived in Poland for 1 year while studying (so was my country of residence) and have a bunch of stamps as I was going back home every month to visit
3. Currently leaving in Canada (current country of residence) and went home twice so far to visit

so under my travel history, I don’t have to mention travels between country of origin (Ukraine) and country of residence- BUT!! Do they mean only current country of residence (Canada) or it includes previous country of residence as well (Poland)?
Basically, do I need to mention all of my 20 stamps between Ukraine and Poland while I was a student there (as Poland used to be my country of residence)

please help!!! Thanks!
Country of residence here is the current one — so Canada. You have to provide your travels outside of your flights between Canada and Ukraine. So your travels to Poland should be included in the travel history.

Last edited:

MMA1472

Feb 24, 2021
Hello,
Need help
I have applied through two different companies work experience and got ITA, but for company A i only worked for 4 months in 2018 and I'm missing employment letter from company A, but my main source of experience is company B which I worked for 2 years.
1)Is it possible that I can just add the experience of company B and attach LOE about company A.

in Company A I have noc C experience.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello,
Need help
I have applied through two different companies work experience and got ITA, but for company A i only worked for 4 months in 2018 and I'm missing employment letter from company A, but my main source of experience is company B which I worked for 2 years.
1)Is it possible that I can just add the experience of company B and attach LOE about company A.

in Company A I have noc C experience.
Since it’s NOC C, you won’t get points for it anyway. I suggest to move it from work experience to personal activities section. So your document checklist won’t ask for a reference letter for this job experience.

MMA1472

Feb 24, 2021
Since it’s NOC C, you won’t get points for it anyway. I suggest to move it from work experience to personal activities section. So your document checklist won’t ask for a reference letter for this job experience.
Thank you

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Thnx
Letter of employment - Below are the details
An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.

It may also include:
  • details such as your tenure with the company
  • your title, position and duties
  • approved vacation periods (if travelling to Canada for holidays), or information about whether the company will cover all your travel expenses (if travelling on business for this company), etc
Offer of Employment - Below are the details
You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:
  • for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
  • for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
  • skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)

The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address).

Khyati B

Nov 28, 2019
Hello everyone. Can someone please help me here? I am living in canada with my BF since last 4 years in marriage like relationship. we haven't aware with common law thing before. my BF just got an invitation for PR but while creating his EE profile we have selected his marital status as Single. Now we want me to put into his file as "common law" as the CRS cut off is really law so it won't effect to his score. will there be any problem just because we mentioned him as single before? will there is chance us to get rejection because of this even if we have enough proofs to prove our relationship as genuine.

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hello everyone. Can someone please help me here? I am living in canada with my BF since last 4 years in marriage like relationship. we haven't aware with common law thing before. my BF just got an invitation for PR but while creating his EE profile we have selected his marital status as Single. Now we want me to put into his file as "common law" as the CRS cut off is really law so it won't effect to his score. will there be any problem just because we mentioned him as single before? will there is chance us to get rejection because of this even if we have enough proofs to prove our relationship as genuine.
If he can add you as a dependent post ITA and before uploading the documents, you should be fine. Be prepared to prove that you both live together. Best would be to show that you both have a joint bank account, lease agreement/house in both your names, utility bills with both of your names, etc....

Khyati B

Nov 28, 2019
If he can add you as a dependent post ITA and before uploading the documents, you should be fine. Be prepared to prove that you both live together. Best would be to show that you both have a joint bank account, lease agreement/house in both your names, utility bills with both of your names, etc....
Thank you :). Yes we have joint lease since from last 3 years and joint bank AC from the last 2 years. can we show groceries bill etc. as well?