+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - Draw 176 - PR Application Submitted - Wait Times + Further Discussion

Nehamehta21

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Can anyone please advise what value did they mention in proof of funds? We had mentioned around $ 19000 and now thinking of changing it to 0 for the final application as it is not required for CEC.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Can anyone please advise what value did they mention in proof of funds? We had mentioned around $ 19000 and now thinking of changing it to 0 for the final application as it is not required for CEC.
You can make it 0 OR you can put a document in the POF placeholder to say you were invited under CEC and are not required to provide POF. You can quote / screenshot this web page to support your claims: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

CoveBosniaTz

May 28, 2019
If I can't have main duties from NOC on Employment verification (ex-employer won't write them) is CIC going to cut points that I claimed for international experience? Or I can be rejected because of this?

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
If there were no upload button for POF, where should we put the LOE for POF?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
If there were no upload button for POF, where should we put the LOE for POF?
If you put 0 in POF, you won’t have a document placeholder for PoF. Just put your PoF explanation in the general LOE section at the bottom of the document checklist.

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
If you put 0 in POF, you won’t have a document placeholder for PoF. Just put your PoF explanation in the general LOE section at the bottom of the document checklist.
Yes I put 0 in POF,

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
If I can't have main duties from NOC on Employment verification (ex-employer won't write them) is CIC going to cut points that I claimed for international experience? Or I can be rejected because of this?
If IRCC can’t verify your duties, they would deduct points and your CRS will be recalculated.

you will be refused if:

“Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

if after deducting CRS you still meet MEC and CRS is still higher than the cut off, your application will not be refused.

so calculate your CRS without the foreign work experience and see if it’s still above cut off. If you’re invited under CEC, you only need your 1 year Canadian work experience AND valid language assessment results (based on NOC) to meet MEC.

Newb02

Sep 15, 2020
With the current situation of 27+K invites. Is Express Entry still processing files within 6 months? Please reply to all the applicants who have submitted their file.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
With the current situation of 27+K invites. Is Express Entry still processing files within 6 months? Please reply to all the applicants who have submitted their file.
If yours get processed within 6 months, consider yourself lucky. Since the start of the pandemic, IRCC has been struggling to meet the standard processing timeline. There are still a lot of in-Canada applicants from Jan - June 2020 who have not received their COPRs. That’s why it’s a huge question how IRCC would be able to handle the sudden increase of applications, when there’s still a massive backlog from last year.

Reactions: Newb02

CoveBosniaTz

May 28, 2019
If IRCC can’t verify your duties, they would deduct points and your CRS will be recalculated.

you will be refused if:

“Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

if after deducting CRS you still meet MEC and CRS is still higher than the cut off, your application will not be refused.

so calculate your CRS without the foreign work experience and see if it’s still above cut off. If you’re invited under CEC, you only need your 1 year Canadian work experience AND valid language assessment results (based on NOC) to meet MEC.
Ok, thank you. Do you maybe know why on document checklist I am asked for post secondary diploma? I claimed points for high school and have WES for it. I didn't say in my profile that I have anything else other then high school. Got ITA under CEC.

superMK

Feb 23, 2021
I am one of the 27,000 lucky applicants for CEC.

I just submitted my application today February 23, 2021.

Is there any news or update on how are they gonna handle the 27,000 applicants? Is it still 6months processing?

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
I am one of the 27,000 lucky applicants for CEC.

I just submitted my application today February 23, 2021.

Is there any news or update on how are they gonna handle the 27,000 applicants? Is it still 6months processing?
For CEC they say its 6 months however there are many other factors which influences the processing time.
  • the type of application submitted
  • if the application is complete
  • how quickly they expect to process applications they have already received
  • how easily they can verify your information
  • how long you take to respond to any requests or concerns
  • other factors