+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - Draw 176 - PR Application Submitted - Wait Times + Further Discussion

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hello guys

My question is regarding police clearance. I arrived in Canada Feb 2020 and I have a police clearance dated April 2020. Can I use it or need to get another one? Thank you
If it is from a country that you left, then it’s fine provided you didn’t visit that country again after the certificate was issued.

If it’s from Canada, then ideally you don’t need it unless asked by IRCC. But if you have and it’s from Canada then it’s worth attaching.

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Hello guys

My question is regarding police clearance. I arrived in Canada Feb 2020 and I have a police clearance dated April 2020. Can I use it or need to get another one? Thank you
Some people says not to submit PCC which is six months older on the otherside few people says, you are good if you didn't travel. I will let senior answer this question. I will recommend you to get new PCC if you have enough time. I know it's difficult to get PCC for few countries but to be on safe side it's good idea to get PCC. In addition to that even if you submit your application with old PCC and officer requests it later to submit new PCC then you can provide it right away.

Reactions: Ade3032

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
If it is from a country that you left, then it’s fine provided you didn’t visit that country again after the certificate was issued.

If it’s from Canada, then ideally you don’t need it unless asked by IRCC. But if you have and it’s from Canada then it’s worth attaching.
Here are the rules

For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:
must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
must not be expired
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

Reactions: itspossible9

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Here are the rules

must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
must not be expired
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
Thank you @CanVisa1 . Great share!

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Some people says not to submit PCC which is six months older on the otherside few people says, you are good if you didn't travel. I will let senior answer this question. I will recommend you to get new PCC if you have enough time. I know it's difficult to get PCC for few countries but to be on safe side it's good idea to get PCC. In addition to that even if you submit your application with old PCC and officer requests it later to submit new PCC then you can provide it right away.
It shouldn’t be more than 6m old if you are living in the same country but it can be more than 6m old if you have left the country.

Please see below rules.

must not be expired

For any other country

Ade3032

Dec 22, 2018
Here are the rules

must not be expired

For any other country

In that case, I think am good because the certificate was issued after I left and have not travel back there since I arrived in Canada last year February

Ade3032

Dec 22, 2018

Yes its for a country that I left last year Feb and I have not travel back there since I arrived in Canada

Samehad

Feb 20, 2021
Please how to fill the personal history . As I am so confused should I break down the employment periods to add a period of unemployment.
I put my experience as one block before ItA . Can I still correct in work history or just add this period of unemployment during in personal history. And if I attempt any correction for any mistake made as I filled my EE by my self so I attempted some mistakes .
And how if I I have two other partime jobs along with my primary job . How to fill the gaps as actually no gabs but overlapped

Muhammad Shahrukh

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
f
In the personal history, if you were employed for a particular period and for few days if you travelled outside of Canada then you can just mention that you were employed from so and so period, no need to mention your travel details, but it’s necessary to mention your travel in the travel history.
For example, we can say like I'm working part time in a restaurant for May to August 2015. It's totally fine right because in reality I just work for May and then I leave for back home

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Please how to fill the personal history . As I am so confused should I break down the employment periods to add a period of unemployment.
I put my experience as one block before ItA . Can I still correct in work history or just add this period of unemployment during in personal history. And if I attempt any correction for any mistake made as I filled my EE by my self so I attempted some mistakes .
And how if I I have two other partime jobs along with my primary job . How to fill the gaps as actually no gabs but overlapped
Personal history is to list down all your activities. It’s ok to mention a period where you are unemployed. It doesn’t harm your profile but be careful of this period overlapping in the employment history where you are claiming points.

Employment history is related to your work for which you are claiming points. So here it depends on you, if you don’t want to claim points on a certain period of employment then you can do so by not mentioning. But if you are claiming points then you will have to prove it.

Changes can be done post ITA and before uploading the documents, nothing wrong in it but make sure you still qualify.

Vadim26

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Question about PCC.

If I didn't stay in any other country except Canada longer than 6 months (usually just a few weeks) since I was 18 (24 now)- does it mean I don't need to provide any police certificates?

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Question about PCC.

If I didn't stay in any other country except Canada longer than 6 months (usually just a few weeks) since I was 18 (24 now)- does it mean I don't need to provide any police certificates?
No need for a police certificate if you have stayed less than 6 months but if you have done multiple visits which sum up to 180 days (6m) then you will have to get a police certificate.

Reactions: Vadim26