+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - December 2018 AOR

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
It depends on your visa type I guess, if you are here on open work permit then yes you can and as LeeAH mentioned you have to notify them, if you are on closed work permit then you do not have much options

Yes! I also forgot to mention the OWP vs close WP, that makes a lot of difference!

Merel30

May 15, 2019
Hi guys,

I have one more question as I am freaking out a bit that my application will be refused due to not having the correct letters.
My current visa is running out in 3 weeks, so if I do not get my Bridging visa before that, which is very likely I am screwed. My whole life is here and I cannot leave.

I was wondering if anyone knew, if you could already put yourself in another PR pool even though you are waiting for the outcome of current pr application?

I am really at a loss here!

Thanks

MANBH

May 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I have one more question as I am freaking out a bit that my application will be refused due to not having the correct letters.
My current visa is running out in 3 weeks, so if I do not get my Bridging visa before that, which is very likely I am screwed. My whole life is here and I cannot leave.

I was wondering if anyone knew, if you could already put yourself in another PR pool even though you are waiting for the outcome of current pr application?

I am really at a loss here!
Thanks
Never too late, send the correct letter with LOE using the webform and try to explain your situation too using the LOE and then call them too to make sure everything is there.

FAYZAN ALI

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
I wish I know ... there are no updates from Ottawa these days ... lets hope it goes well for all of us and we hear back good news soon
Don’t know about the update but about 5pm today my background check status changed from “Your documents have been uploaded” to “We are reviewing your provided documents”

Visa Officers Notes indicate: Eligibility: “Recommend Pass”

Dec 19,2018 AOR
Medicals: Jan 15
ADR: Jan 30,2019
Provided:Feb 5th
Then this status changed today.
What does this mean?
Am I close to PPR? :)

FAYZAN ALI

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Yesterday they updated my application! :)
I thought it was a ghost updated but the "Review of additional documents" has changed to Not Applicable...before was the documents have been uploaded. Finally some movement!
Mine is on the second stage
“Review of additional documents”
How long did it take to move to “Not applicable”
And did you get your PPR?

Farazahm3d

Apr 27, 2019
I got an update today too, my aor is dec 21 and it says for the additional documents that not applicable from uploaded. Also 34 days left.

LizaSoberano

Mar 23, 2019
It depends on your visa type I guess, if you are here on open work permit then yes you can and as LeeAH mentioned you have to notify them, if you are on closed work permit then you do not have much options
In my case I have an open work permit that is valid until 2021, and I already submitted my application. I claimed points for 1 year Canadian experience with additional several years of foreign experience too. I got 475 in my crs points. So I was wondering to look for another job - should still be under the desired NOC so that I can still claim points for it (if ever needed).

My question is will it be okay to find a new job? Will it affect my crs score if I switch to another employer and leads to rejection? I dont have any LMIA with my employer.

Farazahm3d

Apr 27, 2019
In my case I have an open work permit that is valid until 2021, and I already submitted my application. I claimed points for 1 year Canadian experience with additional several years of foreign experience too. I got 475 in my crs points. So I was wondering to look for another job - should still be under the desired NOC so that I can still claim points for it (if ever needed).

My question is will it be okay to find a new job? Will it affect my crs score if I switch to another employer and leads to rejection? I dont have any LMIA with my employer.
You can switch jobs because your application is based on your past experience and it wouldn't effect your application.

May 19, 2019
Hello December 2018 aor back ground check started 11 May . Still they trying to determine my eligibility.
But one big problem... office did not give experience letter si I gave affidavit with details of duty etc and salaries working hours etc. I am a Indian government employee. Plus I gave salary account statements salary slips my training certificate ID cards copy, address of online available manual with details of job responsibilities etc
So very stressed.