AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
Are you applying from Canada or in Mexico? My AOR is Jan 4 and I have already sent my fingerprints to Mexico (,I am in Canada) but haven't heard anything and I'm almost at 3 months now. I'm just trying to get an idea on when will it be done.
So you are a CEC applicant and you are required to give your bios? Wow I didn't know they could do that! May I ask when did that happen (how long after your AOR date)? Thank you!

santiago123

Jan 3, 2019
So you are a CEC applicant and you are required to give your bios? Wow I didn't know they could do that! May I ask when did that happen (how long after your AOR date)? Thank you!
For us mexicans living in Canada they ask us to send a set of fingerprints to do our background check, which is a different thing than biometrics. I was not required to do bios.

Reactions: Wendy1112

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I didn`t want to risk any delays regarding Biometrics, so i attached with my background check from Brazil(mandatory on my application), the RCMP background check with fingerprints. They didn`t request any additional doc.

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
March 20 2019 - I call and ask to make sure everything was ok.
I was told that all the ghost updates I saw, were just the agents doing notes on my process and that is a normal internal procedure. And it can be more or less depending of the file.
I was also told that they don`t need extra documents and that everything looks normal, as expected.
And that they are still working on my Background check.
I asked which office they are evaluating my files and is Ottawa.

As far as i know, Ottawa is a good office regarding time. However i am a true believer that the time of you background check is direct connect with the amount of international trips and addresses you had on the past 10 years. Which i had a lot!
So i am still waiting and super anxious to get my PPR, fingers cross!

My timeline so far:
CRS score: 508 points
Inland, Vancouver, BC
Nationality: Brazil

ITA – 29 Oct 2018 – for CEC (Canadian Experience Class)
Upload documents – 22 Dec 2018
AOR – 22 Dec 2018
MEP – 06 Feb 2019 (You have passed the medical exam)
IP2 – 08 Feb 2019 (Background check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

“Estimated remaining time” updates(they are updated every monday):
0 months – Dec 22 2018
04 month – Feb 06 2019
17 weeks – Feb 25 2019
16 weeks – March 04 2019
15 weeks - March 11 2019
14 weeks - March 18 2019

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
I was told that all the ghost updates I saw, were just the agents doing notes on my process and that is a normal internal procedure. And it can be more or less depending of the file.
I was also told that they don`t need extra documents and that everything looks normal, as expected.

As far as i know, Ottawa is a good office regarding time. However i am a true believer that the time of you background check is direct connect with the amount of international trips and addresses you had on the past 10 years. Which i had a lot!

My timeline so far:
Inland, Vancouver, BC

AOR – 22 Dec 2018
IP2 – 08 Feb 2019 (Background check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

0 months – Dec 22 2018
04 month – Feb 06 2019
17 weeks – Feb 25 2019
16 weeks – March 04 2019
15 weeks - March 11 2019
14 weeks - March 18 2019
Thank you for sharing! I wonder how did the agent say about your eligibility -- is the background check the last step before PPR? And, out of curiosity, when was your ghost update? Maybe that was when they began the background check...

Reactions: Ana1001

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Thank you for sharing! I wonder how did the agent say about your eligibility -- is the background check the last step before PPR? And, out of curiosity, when was your ghost update? Maybe that was when they began the background check...
I did not ask about my eligibility, to be honest, i am not worry about that part. I am worry about my background check since i have a lot of information to be checked. And yes, the background check is the last step before the PPR.

Also, your eligibility only chance after your received your PPR, submit your passport and they send you your CoPR letter to do the landing.
About the ghost update, i had one maybe 07 to 10 days after my background check started and another one last week.

Reactions: Wendy1112

reddys

Jan 18, 2019
AOR: 26th Jan
MEP:8th Mar
CEC

Current BG Progress

Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

Can any CEC Inland applicants answer to this, how many days does it take to change the above status to below..

We are processing your background check and we will let you know when we need more information

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
AOR: 26th Jan
MEP:8th Mar
CEC

Current BG Progress

Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

Can any CEC Inland applicants answer to this, how many days does it take to change the above status to below..

We are processing your background check and we will let you know when we need more information

Usually the background check starts a few days after you Passed the Medical.

"Generally, your application will follow the following path after receiving the AOR. This is the trend which is happening with most of the applicants. It may or may not match with your application process:

• Background check: Not Applicable (NA1) - As soon as you submit your EE application, and receive your AOR, the "Background check" section of your application status will say "Not applicable.". This status will generally not change until your medical results are reviewed and validated.

• Review of medical results: Medicals passed (MEP) - Approximately one month after your AOR, you should receive this message: “You passed the medical exam“. It will typically take more time for applicants with a provincial nomination.

• Background check: In Progress (IP1) – Either the same day, one or two days after the MEP update, your "Background check" section will change to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”.

• Background check: Not Applicable (NA2) – After your IP1 is finished, your "Background check" section will revert to "Not Applicable.". Most of the time, IP1 only takes a few hours, and if you do not check your account during that short window, you will miss the update.

• Background check: In Progress (IP2) – The "Background check" status message will change to “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information“. After completion of the IP2 stage, the Passport Request (PPR) e-mail is sent if the applicant already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fees upfront. PPR e-mails are taking 7-20 days after the IP2 stage.

• Background Check: Not Applicable (NA3) – This means that IP2 is finished. This "Background check" status will not be displayed in some cases, and PPR is triggered while the IP2 status is still visible.

• PPR: Passport Request - You will receive the golden e-mail directly to your e-mail account and you may not get an update in your Express Entry account. You should check your junk e-mail folder, as the e-mail does not come from IRCC but from your country's embassy (usually).
  • CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence"

fkundrat

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018

My timeline so far:
Inland, Vancouver, BC

AOR – 22 Dec 2018

0 months – Dec 22 2018
04 month – Feb 06 2019
17 weeks – Feb 25 2019
16 weeks – March 04 2019
15 weeks - March 11 2019
14 weeks - March 18 2019
I also called them...My application is in Sydney, Nova Scotia...I don't know if that's good or bad. They confirmed everything is okay.
I think you are one step further, even your AOR is later than mine. Makes sense to think if your application is in Ottawa, I think they will ask for your passport soon. Just supposing...

Reactions: mnaveen and Ana1001

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I also called them...My application is in Sydney, Nova Scotia...I don't know if that's good or bad. They confirmed everything is okay.
I think you are one step further, even your AOR is later than mine. Makes sense to think if your application is in Ottawa, I think they will ask for your passport soon. Just supposing...

I hope you are right!! Fingers cross!
About the VO, i heard that the Vancouver office is very slow, Nova Scotia i honest don`t know.
What is your timeline?

fkundrat

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I hope you are right!! Fingers cross!
About the VO, i heard that the Vancouver office is very slow, Nova Scotia i honest don`t know.
What is your timeline?
My AOR is Dec 07
MEP Jan 17 and they asked for RCMP
RCMP sent back Feb 07
No news after that

Reactions: Ana1001

mnaveen

Mar 20, 2018
I also called to CIC on march 19. They said same thing to me my application is also at Nova Scotia (CIO) and also they said my criminality check is completed.

Stevan.BC2018

Sep 22, 2018
I also called to CIC on march 19. They said same thing to me my application is also at Nova Scotia (CIO) and also they said my criminality check is completed.
Your AOR and mine are almost the same. Do you have any ghost update since MEP?. I have none