+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - December 2018 AOR

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I’m from a visa exempt country, so it’s pretty hard to tell how it will be for everyone else. I received a landing interview, which didn’t require me to mail my passport. For the interview, they requested that I bring in my identity documents (passport). It seems as if this will be the standard for most CEC applicants, which will be to attend a landing interview.

A couple of friends from Brazil, same country as mine, also did a landing interview, that is why i asked.
All the Brazilians(with CEC process) i know, got a request for a landing interview. I think you are right, this will be the standard for most of CEC.
Tks for the reply tho!

Reactions: Hedeeke

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
That sounds amazing!!! So you call and ask about the status of your application and the agent said that is approved? Just like that? Do you mind giving more details and what did you ask them? tks!! I want to call them again tomorrow! I am super anxious over here!
I called during my lunch break and waited for about 40 minutes to speak with an agent... She was very nice and told me everything was completed with my app (didn't use the word approved at first). Then I double checked with her and asked if that meant approved and she confirmed that it was approved and I should be expecting an email within a few days (or within my 6-months time frame in the worst case...).

Reactions: Apurv and Ana1001

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I called during my lunch break and waited for about 40 minutes to speak with an agent... She was very nice and told me everything was completed with my app (didn't use the word approved at first). Then I double checked with her and asked if that meant approved and she confirmed that it was approved and I should be expecting an email within a few days (or within my 6-months time frame in the worst case...).
Awesome! Thank you! I will be calling tomorrow morning!

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
That sounds amazing!!! So you call and ask about the status of your application and the agent said that is approved? Just like that? Do you mind giving more details and what did you ask them? tks!! I want to call them again tomorrow! I am super anxious over here!
So initially I sent them a web form regarding my ghost update(last Friday) and got an email from the IRCC earlier today. In the email they told me a decision was made on my app, so I called to see what is the decision...

Hedeeke

Mar 25, 2019
Update — I also received my PR card relatively quickly (usually expected to arrive in the mail in 4-6 weeks), which it arrived in 10 short days. :)

Apparently, my application was processed at the Sydney, NS visa office (I didn’t know this until my PR card arrived today. I saw the visa office at the top of the letter).

It appears as if they are moving relatively quickly, so hang in guys! Really hope this helps.

Last edited:

mnaveen

Mar 20, 2018
Ok, so today I got an update on my Estimated remaining time, like every Monday.

However my Application Status chance or :
We are processing you’re application. We will send you a message when there is an update or it we need more information. (this part remain the same)
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along. (this part is new)

I know that this part change when you reach the half way mark. But I am on week 13, not week 12.
Isn`t this message a week early? Or did I misunderstood? Anyone?

My timeline:
RS score: 508 points
Inland, Vancouver, BC
Nationality: Brazil

ITA – 29 Oct 2018 – for CEC (Canadian Experience Class)
Upload documents – 22 Dec 2018
AOR – 22 Dec 2018
MEP – 06 Feb 2019 (You have passed the medical exam)
IP2 – 08 Feb 2019 (Background check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

“Estimated remaining time” updates:
0 months – Dec 22 2018
04 month – Feb 06 2019
17 weeks – Feb 25 2019
16 weeks - March 04 2019
15 weeks - March 11 2019
14 weeks - March 18 2019
13 weeks - March 25 2019
I also got same message on my 13th week

Reactions: Apurv and Ana1001

Apurv

Feb 23, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
IELTS Request
Qualified
Congratulations!

westcoastaccountant

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241, 1311
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
24-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-05-2019
Hi everyone!

I'm new here.
AOR Dec 21st, 2018, Stream CEC
Medical passed Feb 1st. Last time I called CIC criminality was in progress, eligibility and security not started. Application is being processed in Edmonton. Anyone with similar timelines and office?

Reactions: Ana1001