+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC: CRIMINALITY & SECURITY CHECK TIMELINE

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi everyone, any update on criminality after biometrics for you people?
We both have the same AOR date, but I did BIO Oct 26. No updates on criminality yet. Its so frustrating cuz we should see more updates on applicant with AOR from Jan and Feb, and that's not the case.

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Hello guys,

All passed except criminality. - its still in process. Been already a month since I gave my biometrics.

AOR June 9 2020.

Any thoughts on why criminality is taking long?

Thanks

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
We both have the same AOR date, but I did BIO Oct 26. No updates on criminality yet. Its so frustrating cuz we should see more updates on applicant with AOR from Jan and Feb, and that's not the case.
Yeah earlier AOR's seem to not be touched right now for some reason.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hello guys,

All passed except criminality. - its still in process. Been already a month since I gave my biometrics.

AOR June 9 2020.

Any thoughts on why criminality is taking long?

Thanks
I'm really not sure if it is the checks taking time, or if it is just not having the manpower to go into the applications and do the final steps. When biometrics came back and people got those early appointments there were cases of approvals in days after getting biometrics for them. Not sure what is happening now!

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
I'm really not sure if it is the checks taking time, or if it is just not having the manpower to go into the applications and do the final steps. When biometrics came back and people got those early appointments there were cases of approvals in days after getting biometrics for them. Not sure what is happening now!
Its crazy! Some says criminality only takes days or weeks. But now, its uncertain. We can just hope for the best.

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Gave Biometrics on October 15 but no movement on file. AOR May 7 - Eligibility passed

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Its crazy! Some says criminality only takes days or weeks. But now, its uncertain. We can just hope for the best.
At least according to my GCMS notes, the actual criminalty checks came back super fast. But they require an actual officer to physically validate them and pass, and that is the part that has been slowed considerably, due to reduced manpower as a result of the pandemic.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Just spoke with an IRCC agent.
Criminality in progress
Security passed
Eligibility passed
Office CPC ottawa
AOR 30 May
Biometric 6 Nov

He asked me to wait :(

How long it can take to pass the criminality?

abhishek_p81

Oct 26, 2018
In some cases we have seen that criminality and security both get passed in single day, so this all depends on Officer if he wants to do it, he can do it in singe day otherwise keep on waiting. The fact is that officers are not touching the files even. No idea why they keep lingering the files. Instead they should complete one and then only move to another

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
In some cases we have seen that criminality and security both get passed in single day, so this all depends on Officer if he wants to do it, he can do it in singe day otherwise keep on waiting. The fact is that officers are not touching the files even. No idea why they keep lingering the files. Instead they should complete one and then only move to another
I agree,
Is it like eligibility is passed by 1 officer and then he hands the file to next officer for security and then to the next one for criminality
It's just guess work for us. We just have 1 more day before the holidays begin.
I'm not keeping my hopes high
:/

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yeah, Security only gets passed quickly if no adverse information comes back from CSIS. And that is assuming a timely response from them in the first place.
At present, the main issue IRCC has is manpower. Cases are being redistributed to balance workload, but it doesn’t prevent stacks of applications from sitting around waiting till an officer can go in physically, to review them. The pandemic sucks.

Reactions: JaxT

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
This all means that officers cannot work from home? They have to go into their offices to process applications? I suppose the sensitive nature of this service prevents them from accessing applications from home. If that is the case, we have a long bumpy ride ahead with lockdowns while the COVID is still going around.