+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC count AOR or applications received

Rajdeep_S

Dec 3, 2014
Hey guys,

I applied under CEC program on 29th Nov and my file was received by CIC on 2nd Dec. I was wondering that the Cap count showing on CIC's website is the count of applications received or AOR issued. If it is applications received then I can relax otherwise there will be less chances for me to get into that cap. By the way, I applied in NOC 2142 and here I am talking about overall 8,000 cap.

Thanks in advance for your response.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Rajdeep_S said:
Hey guys,

I applied under CEC program on 29th Nov and my file was received by CIC on 2nd Dec. I was wondering that the Cap count showing on CIC's website is the count of applications received or AOR issued. If it is applications received then I can relax otherwise there will be less chances for me to get into that cap. By the way, I applied in NOC 2142 and here I am talking about overall 8,000 cap.

Isn't it the same thing?

AOR stands for "Acknowledgement of Receipt" - in other words "we have received your application".

Anything that gets mailed to CIO is not necessarily a complete application. They will verify to make sure what they received is a real, complete application, not some random garbage. :p

You will notice that when CIO slows down, the weekly update reflects the small number of AORs issued since the previous update.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
On the other hand all who's applications were returned say that all pages were checked and stamped with a date which the application was delivered to Sidney. It means that someone checks the package right after it comes and if there is something wrong it goes back to applicant. (last situation like that happened in September so it is quite fresh and related to end of the year applicants and all that long time waiting)
When I called to CIC help line some time ago, I was told that Cap number stands for application received and checked not the applications granted with AOR.
Before AOR is generated there is few thinks they do. I am almost sure that the cap number is a number of applications received and check by someone right after.

Of course others can be sure about a different version so you will never know which one is right :):):)

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
MONKUCHA said:
On the other hand all who's applications were returned say that all pages were checked and stamped with a date which the application was delivered to Sidney. It means that someone checks the package right after it comes and if there is something wrong it goes back to applicant. (last situation like that happened in September so it is quite fresh and related to end of the year applicants and all that long time waiting)
When I called to CIC help line some time ago, I was told that Cap number stands for application received and checked not the applications granted with AOR.
Before AOR is generated there is few thinks they do. I am almost sure that the cap number is a number of applications received and check by someone right after.

Of course others can be sure about a different version so you will never know which one is right :):):)
As far as I understand, the cap is for application "accepted for processing" not for all garbage they may receive. There is no point to count everything.
The title of the page also says: "Canadian Experience Class – Number of applications accepted"

Rajdeep_S

Dec 3, 2014
I really appreciate you for your response. Sorry for writing 'received by them' instead of 'delivered to their intake location'.

My concern was what are my chances to get into that 8,000 cap.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Rajdeep_S said:
I really appreciate you for your response. Sorry for writing 'received by them' instead of 'delivered to their intake location'.

My concern was what are my chances to get into that 8,000 cap.
Hi,
the cap has not been reached. They also updated their website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/cec.asp page and the cap reached message has been removed!

PR4CAN

Sep 20, 2014
Hi

I have sent my application on 20th Oct,2014 and CIC received my file on 24th Oct 2014, and today I find out by myself there is some issue with my Birth certificate, I am planning to send other supporting documents tomm to support my DOB . my application fees is not charged yet and havent received AOR , if I send my other supporting document by mail, How they will track my application ? Any can help with this pleasee its very urgent

surya1984in

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2014
Med's Request
02-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
19-Feb-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-Mar-15
LANDED..........
27-Jun-15
CEC CAP count means number of applications that are confirmed as to be complete with all required documents i.e. which are found eligible for issuance of AOR or for which AOR is already issued. :)

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Never ending story... C'mon, there are still almost 3,500 places left. How can you be worried about not entering into the cap? The count started the 1st of May, 7 months ago. That means that they process an average of almost 650 applications per month. You are 99.99% inside the cap.

cici011223

Dec 4, 2014
Rajdeep_S said:
Hey guys,

Hey my application was received by CIC on 2nd Dec just exact as yours. Same worries!!!!!!!!

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cici011223 said:
Hey my application was received by CIC on 2nd Dec just exact as yours. Same worries!!!!!!!!

don't worry, I almost can guarantee that if you worry the cap . please read more posts in this forum, you will get same conclusion. lazy to explain.

cici011223

Dec 4, 2014
yixiaop26 said:
don't worry, I almost can guarantee that if you worry the cap . please read more posts in this forum, you will get same conclusion. lazy to explain.
I know that the only thing i can do now is to wait :(
你是中国人吗?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cici011223 said:
I know that the only thing i can do now is to wait :(
你是中国人吗?

是的

you can have a nice sleep , if you check your canada post and it received. then you needn't worry the cap , the cap is only a half more arrived after months.
I don't believe it will overflow in one month,

but please make sure you didn't left some other things which led the return.