+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2019 AOR Group - Applicants Join Here

Loz24601

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hello all August applicants

. can you please try to pay attention when this message changed on your profile??

status "You may not hear from us for a little while most of the processing is done near etc"
changed to
"make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help movethe application process along"
I don't check mine often, maybe once every two weeks I have noticed I now see the below message:

Application status

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Jul 16, 2019
Hi fellow CEC Aug'19 applicants,

I might be travelling overseas when I'll receive my COPR or Passport request (for permanent visa). So I have two questions.

1. How long is usually COPR and Passport Request valid for typically these days? Is it still one year from MEP? Not sure if this is still the case?
2. If I'm coming back to Canada in mid-January and I receive my COPR and/or Passport request before my return, will it be a problem? I can get my visa stamped at any Airport (Pearson) right?
3. And if I don't receive my COPR and/or passport request before my return in mid January, I can still come back on my valid worker visa and work permit? right? There shouldn't be any complications?

Sorry its my first time, so a lil confused.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
Hi fellow CEC Aug'19 applicants,

I might be travelling overseas when I'll receive my COPR or Passport request (for permanent visa). So I have two questions.

1. How long is usually COPR and Passport Request valid for typically these days? Is it still one year from MEP? Not sure if this is still the case?
2. If I'm coming back to Canada in mid-January and I receive my COPR and/or Passport request before my return, will it be a problem? I can get my visa stamped at any Airport (Pearson) right?
3. And if I don't receive my COPR and/or passport request before my return in mid January, I can still come back on my valid worker visa and work permit? right? There shouldn't be any complications?

Sorry its my first time, so a lil confused.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
1. Once you receive PPR over email, you need to send passport for stamps + issuing COPR hard copy. You get 30 days to send passports, once after you receive PPR email. IRCC will send you back stamped passport and COPR by mail to address you provided. Few also send those across boarders. Around 3 to 4 weeks are taken by IRCC to return these back to you.

2. When coming back to Canada, you need to bring COPR and passports with you. This should be well within MEP date's 1st year completion. On your return back to Canada airport, in this case considering #1, you will activate your PR activated on airport and have to get PR SIN.

3. Yes

Jul 16, 2019
1. Once you receive PPR over email, you need to send passport for stamps + issuing COPR hard copy. You get 30 days to send passports, once after you receive PPR email. IRCC will send you back stamped passport and COPR by mail to address you provided. Few also send those across boarders. Around 3 to 4 weeks are taken by IRCC to return these back to you.

2. When coming back to Canada, you need to bring COPR and passports with you. This should be well within MEP date's 1st year completion. On your return back to Canada airport, in this case considering #1, you will activate your PR activated on airport and have to get PR SIN.

AD: How can I get my COPR with me if I'm coming back? do they send COPR via email as well? Can I just respond to the Passport Request (PPR) when I will return to Canada and do all my landing/stamping etc at the airport?

3. Yes