+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

qw19367

Nov 6, 2018
Sorry to hear that- yeah it is strange that our cases got in the process for too long :( you are right, the only one thing that we can do now is to stay positive! I wish you will heard good news from them soon- like end of this month :)
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Inland CEC, AOR Aug 25. Only medical passed update and one ghost updated. No document request. Still waiting. Not much we can do. Stay positive and hope for the best!

qw19367

Nov 6, 2018
You can contact them using this number +18882422100, they might be able to let you know which stage you are at- like criminality or security check (if you are lucky and the officer is nice) I have been trying to call them four days up to now but couldn't reach to an agent- the system was unable to transfer my calls due to high volume of calls.
I wouldn't be worry too much if I were you- as they contacted you for additional documents, plus you have the provincial nomination point (I haven't heard of any of my friends who got nominated and didn't get PR)...:) you will have it soon!
Good luck!
Hi everyone,
I am in the exact situation as the above conversation. My AOR was on 19 August (almost 8 months ago), medical passed immediately and I had two additional document request after that. The last one was 2 months ago and I took action immediately. No updates after that.
I already sent a webform request for updates about my application. If you guys know of any other way to follow up with the application update please let me know. I thought of calling the immigration but I could not find any number.

I have another question and I would appreciate if anyone can answer. My question is I am not sure on which stream I applied (nothing is mentioned on my application). I only know that I was eligible for Canadian Experience Class. I applied for BC PNP and I got 600 extra points on my express entry profile. Then I finished my application as I was instructed by the online forms on express entry. Now I am not sure if I am under PNP Inland or CEC. I need to know this to be able to track similar cases on immigration tracker spreadsheets.

Thanks.

Aize

Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am in the exact situation as the above conversation. My AOR was on 19 August (almost 8 months ago), medical passed immediately and I had two additional document request after that. The last one was 2 months ago and I took action immediately. No updates after that.
I already sent a webform request for updates about my application. If you guys know of any other way to follow up with the application update please let me know. I thought of calling the immigration but I could not find any number.

I have another question and I would appreciate if anyone can answer. My question is I am not sure on which stream I applied (nothing is mentioned on my application). I only know that I was eligible for Canadian Experience Class. I applied for BC PNP and I got 600 extra points on my express entry profile. Then I finished my application as I was instructed by the online forms on express entry. Now I am not sure if I am under PNP Inland or CEC. I need to know this to be able to track similar cases on immigration tracker spreadsheets.

Thanks.
Maybe check what ur ITA says. Not sure

Bourne78

Mar 20, 2019
Has anybody got any recommendation as to how early should I apply for my bridging work permit? My current one expires around July 20th or something.

Aize

Feb 3, 2019
Has anybody got any recommendation as to how early should I apply for my bridging work permit? My current one expires around July 20th or something.
To be safe u can apply now or set a reminder not to miss the deadline.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
The sooner the better... I made the mistake and applied 2 months left of my current WP and now I will go on implied status for about a month as the processing time for BOWP is 3 months now.
It is just stressful to be on implied status... Specially that you can't travel and the thought of if your BOWP gets rejected your life will be in a limbo

Bourne78

Mar 20, 2019
Hey Guys,

So I have a couple of updates and I need some help. Would appreciate your input.

I called the call center and asked them why it was taking upwards of 8 months. They told me that they had finalized everything back in November and are waiting for Saudi to give them a background clearance for me. I was born there but didn't live there much. After 18 I just visited my dad there for a couple of months at a time and never spent more that 6 months in a row. I am not sure why the need clearance from there but this is where my case is stuck. The agent tried getting a response multiple times but no reply. What should I do? My dad lives in Saudi, is there somewhere he can go to request faster processing?

Also the call center agent told me that I cannot apply for Bridging work permit online. Is that true? I thought I could apply online.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Best of luck to all of those still waiting.

Aize

Feb 3, 2019
Hey Guys,

So I have a couple of updates and I need some help. Would appreciate your input.

I called the call center and asked them why it was taking upwards of 8 months. They told me that they had finalized everything back in November and are waiting for Saudi to give them a background clearance for me. I was born there but didn't live there much. After 18 I just visited my dad there for a couple of months at a time and never spent more that 6 months in a row. I am not sure why the need clearance from there but this is where my case is stuck. The agent tried getting a response multiple times but no reply. What should I do? My dad lives in Saudi, is there somewhere he can go to request faster processing?

Also the call center agent told me that I cannot apply for Bridging work permit online. Is that true? I thought I could apply online.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Best of luck to all of those still waiting.
Call back to clarify about the work permit cos I was able to do mine online

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
I contacted CIC on Monday and spoke with an agent who said she will send a note for an office to look into my file. This morning I got the email below.

Good day,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards.

Has anyone else experienced this? feels like a generic response

Aize

Feb 3, 2019
I contacted CIC on Monday and spoke with an agent who said she will send a note for an office to look into my file. This morning I got the email below.

Good day,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards.

Has anyone else experienced this? feels like a generic response
I really dnt know, I wish I could help.

t2018

Sep 26, 2018
Aor aug 19
IP2 since Oct
Ghost update: Apr 15th

Just go off the phone with an agent. She said all steps have been completed and I should receive the PPR in 10 weeks. Does this mean my application is approved? Also, if all steps have been completed why would they need 10 more weeks?

Any input would be appreciated!

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Aor aug 19
IP2 since Oct
Ghost update: Apr 15th

Just go off the phone with an agent. She said all steps have been completed and I should receive the PPR in 10 weeks. Does this mean my application is approved? Also, if all steps have been completed why would they need 10 more weeks?

Any input would be appreciated!
Congratulations! yes it does mean your application was approved!

Do you know what was being reviewed with your application to cause the delay?

t2018

Sep 26, 2018
Congratulations! yes it does mean your application was approved!

Do you know what was being reviewed with your application to cause the delay?
Thanks!! I'm not sure what the delay was. I'm assuming I might have been randomly selected for SS.