+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Try to get your permanent SIN too the same day. Just check Service Canada hours and plan your flag-poling accordingly. Not necessary though! Just an advice.
This makes sense. I already have planned that way. Thanks dude for your advise.
Do we need the I94 if you are just going for flagpole?

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
we waited for like 6 months now.. its just day or few. Hope we get it soon.
my progress bar is finished and no PPR email yet. I used their Web Form to submit a Case Specific Enquiry and I'll be calling them multiple times today until I'm able to speak to an agent. It's so frustrating, I just want to be done with all this!!

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
my progress bar is finished and no PPR email yet. I used their Web Form to submit a Case Specific Enquiry and I'll be calling them multiple times today until I'm able to speak to an agent. It's so frustrating, I just want to be done with all this!!
Of course you drop them an email and try to get hold of an agent and talk to him/ her. But this is advice by request that you have patience and be polite. Don’t screw up things at this stage.

All the very best my dear friend.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Of course you drop them an email and try to get hold of an agent and talk to him/ her. But this is advice by request that you have patience and be polite. Don’t screw up things at this stage.

All the very best my dear friend.
I finally got a hold on them. They told me it's all good, my application was actually approved yesterday (weird because they told me days ago that it was already approved) and my case is being transferred to my local CIC office to schedule an interview. She specifically told me that I don't have to send my passport anywhere, I will not get a PPR email, it will be an email to schedule an interview straight away. She also told me my local office has an estimated wait time of 4 weeks, so if by mid March I haven't received that interview email, then I can call them again. Fingers crossed! I can't wait for all this to be over!!

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Relax bro.. Things delay for a reason. We'll get it anyways. Hope your call goes well! I have 1 day left in my application, So I'm gonna wait until Tuesday. I don't want to keep bugging them within same week.

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone, got CoPR yesterday! Will be going to Niagara to flagpole on Wednesday. Will let you all know how it goes. Good luck everyone!

n13kaur1

Oct 23, 2018
Hello , is there anybody else waiting for the tracker to be updated after the application was marked approved.

My passport was recieved on 5th feb and application approved on 12th feb?

yl2018aug

Feb 15, 2019
Hi everyone, got CoPR yesterday! Will be going to Niagara to flagpole on Wednesday. Will let you all know how it goes. Good luck everyone!
Would you mind sharing did you have any claim about work experience outside Canada? I am planning to visit my family and would to estimate how much time it would take further.

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
I got my landing completed today. So from today I am on PR status. The landing/flagpole is just a formality
How was your experience crossing the border? Which border crossing did you go to?
Landing is just a formality. I guess the only reason they do this is to see who you are in person. Otherwise it’s nothing.
Crossing US border took me and hour.
Then they sent be to the back office since I was flagpoling. There it took ~30 min (just wait time).
They handed over a paper saying refused entry and reason was mentioned as flagpole.

Took the paper and crossed the Canada border (Peach Arch), when I said the purpose they asked what all I am carrying in my car and then sent me to an officer.
She instructed me to park the vehicle and asked to go in one of the Qs. This is where actual work has been done (landing). Since there was no waiting time (I was the first in the line), it took hardly 25-30 min to get COPR stamped.

In your COPR you will find 2 questions, criminality activity and depenpendents. These are the 2 questions they will ask to answer on the COPR ( and this is called INTERVIEW ).

And then you sign, they will give a paper to read through and done.

As I said, it’s just formality so don’t worry it will be smooth. At Canada border actually they will kind of welcome you that now you are like us kind of.

All the very best to all of you.

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
I got approved in online account on last Thursday, however, my return tracking is not activated yet.

In the meantime, just wondering, can I do the landing on weekend?

revy231

Nov 10, 2018
Anyone still waiting for their application to update to "approved"?

I sent my forms and passport photocopy (photocopy as i'm from the UK and visa exempt), on 4th Feb and it was delivered on 7th Feb.

I still haven't heard anything yet and it seems (based on here) that it is taking longer than usual....

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
I got approved in online account on last Thursday, however, my return tracking is not activated yet.

In the meantime, just wondering, can I do the landing on weekend?
It depends on which border crossing you go to, do a google search. If you're landing at an airport it is 24/7