+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Yesterday I couldn’t stop me and once again called CIC (called last week as well). This is first time when I got any concrete update over the phone.
The good news that the agent confirmed my application has been approved but need to wait for the so called flashy golden email.
This is very soothing for me of course but agent told that I might need to wait until 6 months mark which is 2 weeks away.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Yesterday I couldn’t stop me and once again called CIC (called last week as well). This is first time when I got any concrete update over the phone.
The good news that the agent confirmed my application has been approved but need to wait for the so called flashy golden email.
This is very soothing for me of course but agent told that I might need to wait until 6 months mark which is 2 weeks away.
Congrats man!!

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018

Great man !!!
Some hope for CEC's now:)

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Congratulations.

revy231

Nov 10, 2018
Congrats! Do you mind me asking which number you reached them on?
I only have 2.5 weeks until my 6 month mark but I'm still on "reviewing additional documents" since I paid my RoPR :s also at ip2 though. Would be nice to know if eligibility has passed! I don't mind waiting a little longer than 6 months as long as I have the certainty!

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
That's great news!!! Congratulations!

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Congrats! Do you mind me asking which number you reached them on?
I only have 2.5 weeks until my 6 month mark but I'm still on "reviewing additional documents" since I paid my RoPR :s also at ip2 though. Would be nice to know if eligibility has passed! I don't mind waiting a little longer than 6 months as long as I have the certainty!
i called the same generic number 1888 242 2100 and waited for around 1 hour on the queue. not necessary you will be put into the q on the first call. But my experience (might be co-incidence), if you do back to back calls (3-4 times if you are too desperate as i was), you probably end up to be put in the Q.
Also, as i noticed, unless there is a substantial progress, no one for sure will update anything if you are not at 6 month mark.
Another lessons learned. Though everything is in progress, it might take one sitting for them to change the status from inprogres against each item to approved. that's what happened in my case. Its still in progress but just I have a verbal confirmation.

My wait is still ON for the so called Golden letter.

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
i called the same generic number 1888 242 2100 and waited for around 1 hour on the queue. not necessary you will be put into the q on the first call. But my experience (might be co-incidence), if you do back to back calls (3-4 times if you are too desperate as i was), you probably end up to be put in the Q.
Also, as i noticed, unless there is a substantial progress, no one for sure will update anything if you are not at 6 month mark.
Another lessons learned. Though everything is in progress, it might take one sitting for them to change the status from inprogres against each item to approved. that's what happened in my case. Its still in progress but just I have a verbal confirmation.

My wait is still ON for the so called Golden letter.
Did the agent tell you when your application was approved?

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Hi all,

Got my second set of GCMS notes:

Eligibility: Recommended Pass
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

CEC Inland
AOR August 28th

I'm wondering, would they bother doing criminality checks if I did not meet the eligibility requirements? Under the work experience notes, it says "Review Required". It also says that we claimed 2 years experience when we only claimed 1 year. We got an email saying that it was calculated in error. Does anyone know what this review required means?

Thanks!

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Hi all,

CEC Inland
AOR August 28th

I'm wondering, would they bother doing criminality checks if I did not meet the eligibility requirements? Under the work experience notes, it says "Review Required". It also says that we claimed 2 years experience when we only claimed 1 year. We got an email saying that it was calculated in error. Does anyone know what this review required means?

Thanks!
You claimed 1 year, but cic counted it as 2 years. Right?

I think, I read a post in the forum, where they put a file for a thorough reviewing (because of applicant’s work experiences) and did not start any criminality or security checking. I think, that’s not your case. And, they already recommended you eligible.

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
You claimed 1 year, but cic counted it as 2 years. Right?

I think, I read a post in the forum, where they put a file for a thorough reviewing (because of applicant’s work experiences) and did not start any criminality or security checking. I think, that’s not your case. And, they already recommended you eligible.
Yeah, we claimed 1 year but IRCC calculated it as 2 years, and they acknowledged their mistake through email. So the eligibility is Recommended Passed and under the work experience notes it states (direct copy and paste):

CEC Work: 1 year and 0 months. CRS Canadian Work: 1 year and 0 months. CEC Work: 1 year CRS Canadian Work: 1 year(s) of 2 years(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED

I'm guessing the review required is to check the additional year that we never claimed? It was an error on their end so we should be fine?

movais

Sep 10, 2018
a
Hi all,

CEC Inland
AOR August 28th

Thanks!
ahh that review required sucks, i have seen it causing application to take longer than usual. So when i called CIC agent, this was what he explained me.
First an agent checks your documents and verify everything is complete. That is the initial check.
Different agent verify the documents you submitted and see if you meet the CEC requirements and everything is genuine; this is where he puts review required or if nothing is required it says on GCMS notes something like A2.21 Met; Recommended Pass (Numbers might be wrong here)
Than your Criminality and security gets started. Once every is cleared your application comes back for final check. The new agent just quickly review everything and make sure nothing is missed and initiate the final PPR request or Landing Interview stuff. Now people who have Review Required, this agent is the one who checks the documents and makes decision if everything was fine or needs additional documents or whatever.
Hope this helps.

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
a

ahh that review required sucks, i have seen it causing application to take longer than usual. So when i called CIC agent, this was what he explained me.
First an agent checks your documents and verify everything is complete. That is the initial check.
Different agent verify the documents you submitted and see if you meet the CEC requirements and everything is genuine; this is where he puts review required or if nothing is required it says on GCMS notes something like A2.21 Met; Recommended Pass (Numbers might be wrong here)
Than your Criminality and security gets started. Once every is cleared your application comes back for final check. The new agent just quickly review everything and make sure nothing is missed and initiate the final PPR request or Landing Interview stuff. Now people who have Review Required, this agent is the one who checks the documents and makes decision if everything was fine or needs additional documents or whatever.
Hope this helps.
The thing is, our eligibility is Recommended Passed. I'm thinking its because IRCC mistakenly thought we claimed 2 years experience when we only claimed 1? Plus our criminality has passed, so if we weren't elligible, we would have known by now? I'm just confused lol