+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

movais

Sep 10, 2018
The thing is, our eligibility is Recommended Passed. I'm thinking its because IRCC mistakenly thought we claimed 2 years experience when we only claimed 1? Plus our criminality has passed, so if we weren't elligible, we would have known by now? I'm just confused lol
Yeah, not to disappoint you but i read on this forum somebody criminality passed and than getting rejected based on Eligibility lol IRCC is all over the place. Anyways, if you have recommended pass and it was their mistake i think you should be fine. That security thing is so annoying, mine has not started since November.

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, not to disappoint you but i read on this forum somebody criminality passed and than getting rejected based on Eligibility lol IRCC is all over the place. Anyways, if you have recommended pass and it was their mistake i think you should be fine. That security thing is so annoying, mine has not started since November.
Yeah, I haven't heard of anyone getting rejected after "Recommended Passed" but I'm sure it happens. Coming up to the 6 month mark soon, hopefully good news is coming!

Reactions: movais

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Yeah, I haven't heard of anyone getting rejected after "Recommended Passed" but I'm sure it happens. Coming up to the 6 month mark soon, hopefully good news is coming!
Yeah i am down to 15 days, considering Security hasn't started yet. I think it will go over the estimated time :(

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah i am down to 15 days, considering Security hasn't started yet. I think it will go over the estimated time :(
In saying that, I've heard the Not Started doesn't necessarily mean they haven't done security checks or that they aren't in progress

movais

Sep 10, 2018
In saying that, I've heard the Not Started doesn't necessarily mean they haven't done security checks or that they aren't in progress
I really hope you are right, I got that information from IRCC agent. But yeah, i hope you are right :D

HM9292

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Yes you're right. Some people who were told by CIC agents, that their security hadn't started, received PPRs in a couple days after the calls.

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Think about this. there are few people got their application approved in a month. So all the circus what they do would have been completed in a month itself. Having said this, i am sure this background and security could be completed in couple of days provided someone is working on these :).
In my case i never heard my back ground or security completed but directly that it has been approved (no slice and dice).

End of the day, these all are theory. So anything could happen. Stay brave and keep waiting even though it sucks, but there is no other option.
So stay positive...we all will get through.

HM9292

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Think about this. there are few people got their application approved in a month. So all the circus what they do would have been completed in a month itself. Having said this, i am sure this background and security could be completed in couple of days provided someone is working on these :).
In my case i never heard my back ground or security completed but directly that it has been approved (no slice and dice).

End of the day, these all are theory. So anything could happen. Stay brave and keep waiting even though it sucks, but there is no other option.
So stay positive...we all will get through.
You said it! This is precisely what annoys people! People from Oct Nov getting PPRs and July Aug still waiting! Sure every case is different, but not "THAT" different; since almost same criterion is followed by every applicant! Applications for people with 4 dependents have been processed in 3-4 months and with single individual are about to cross 6 months mark! No offence to anyone, but CIC should give at least some idea for each application in regards to the processing time.

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
You said it! This is precisely what annoys people! People from Oct Nov getting PPRs and July Aug still waiting! Sure every case is different, but not "THAT" different; since almost same criterion is followed by every applicant! Applications for people with 4 dependents have been processed in 3-4 months and with single individual are about to cross 6 months mark! No offence to anyone, but CIC should give at least some idea for each application in regards to the processing time.
I agree its stupid man

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Can anyone please help?

My AOR is on Aug 13th(CEC) and I have applied my BOWP on December 17th. My work permits going to expire on Feb 10th.
I knew we can continue working, but my Q is, do I need to renew my SIN num, because my SIN num also expires on Feb 10th. How will my employee will pay? Please provide me the details

MCWrang

May 23, 2018
Can anyone please help?

My AOR is on Aug 13th(CEC) and I have applied my BOWP on December 17th. My work permits going to expire on Feb 10th.
I knew we can continue working, but my Q is, do I need to renew my SIN num, because my SIN num also expires on Feb 10th. How will my employee will pay? Please provide me the details
You can continue to work on an expired SIN (and be paid) until you receive your BOWP. Once received, go to a Canadian Services office to renew the expiry date on your SIN. The only thing I would consider in your circumstance is waiting to file last year's tax return until you have renewed your SIN expiry - though I can't confirm if that is actually affected.

Source: I've done this.

Hmstr

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
You can continue to work on an expired SIN (and be paid) until you receive your BOWP. Once received, go to a Canadian Services office to renew the expiry date on your SIN. The only thing I would consider in your circumstance is waiting to file last year's tax return until you have renewed your SIN expiry - though I can't confirm if that is actually affected.

Source: I've done this.
He/she can still do tax, because the sin would still be valid for 2018 tax refund.

Reactions: EEMduShan