+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Today when I logged to my application i saw the status changed to "Application Profile updated. Got very happy :). At-least for a while :(. When opened the application found that the only change in was on the Additional Doc. Earlier it was reviewing the additional doc provided. but now changed to "Not Applicable".
Atleast it means your application is getting moved somewhere

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Today when I logged to my application i saw the status changed to "Application Profile updated. Got very happy :). At-least for a while :(. When opened the application found that the only change in was on the Additional Doc. Earlier it was reviewing the additional doc provided. but now changed to "Not Applicable".
That's good news. When you'll get the golden email, you won't get any update to your account anyways, until after you submit your passport. Having said that, keep looking for the golden mail and keep sharing! Good luck :)

abyahsan

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Anyone from August received PPR yet? I have 23 days left on my progress bar...
Nope :( My timeline:

Stream: CEC
AOR: Aug 15, 2018
Med Passed + IP1: Sep 5, 2018
Ghost Update: Dec 3, 2018

No other updates till now, no additional documents requested. I haven't called or ordered GCMS notes yet, and don't think it's worth it given progress bar says 23 days left. Expecting that email any day now... For CEC, there is no PPR right, since we're inside the country? Just a landing interview invitation at the local IRCC office?

movais

Sep 10, 2018

No other updates till now, no additional documents requested. I haven't called or ordered GCMS notes yet, and don't think it's worth it given progress bar says 23 days left. Expecting that email any day now... For CEC, there is no PPR right, since we're inside the country? Just a landing interview invitation at the local IRCC office?
No, you can also get PPR depending on where you live. The landing interview is new thing and not every city has an office for it.

Reactions: abyahsan

abyahsan

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
No, you can also get PPR depending on where you live. The landing interview is new thing and not every city has an office for it.
Ah, I see. I live in Kitchener, ON and we have an IRCC office here. My brother landed there last year but under Family Sponsorship, but when he was there he said other people from Express Entry were landing too at the same time. Flagpoling seems weird when you live in the country already, so it's good they're doing more local office landings. I guess for areas that don't have a close by office and the border is closer than an office would be, it makes more sense to land at the border.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Ah, I see. I live in Kitchener, ON and we have an IRCC office here. My brother landed there last year but under Family Sponsorship, but when he was there he said other people from Express Entry were landing too at the same time. Flagpoling seems weird when you live in the country already, so it's good they're doing more local office landings. I guess for areas that don't have a close by office and the border is closer than an office would be, it makes more sense to land at the border.
Yeah makes sense! I dont mind either, just need the email :D

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018

Yours is somewhat similar to my application. My AOR: 17 Aug
Medicals passed: Sep 7
Had an ADR: Sep 21st
Ghost update: Dec 3rd
No updates since then.

They are really slowing down the CECs.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Yours is somewhat similar to my application. My AOR: 17 Aug
Medicals passed: Sep 7
Had an ADR: Sep 21st
No updates since then.

They are really slowing down the CECs.
Yeah they are super backlogged, my background was passed on November 18, and criminality hasn't started. I called last week, it is same status.
The stupid part is, people from October and November are getting their PR, not sure what is this all about.

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Yeah they are super backlogged, my background was passed on November 18, and criminality hasn't started. I called last week, it is same status.
The stupid part is, people from October and November are getting their PR, not sure what is this all about.
Man, that sucks!! How can it be possible to skip the oldest applicants and make them wait even longer while giving pr to new ones!!??

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Man, that sucks!! How can it be possible to skip the oldest applicants and make them wait even longer while giving pr to new ones!!??
I think it depends which office is dealing your application. It might be all our applications are stuck at the same office while some other applicants application is dealt by different offices who are not that backlogged. Just my thought, stupid system regardless lol

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
When i got GCMS notes in October, I had recommended pass and Background was in process and security hasn't started. In November i got a ghost update and when i called my background was cleared and security hasn't started. I called last week, it is same. Security hasn't started.
What is that it says against Background Check? Does it still saying in progress? I am just wondering if even it says in progress, may be that background check would have completed and security in progress. Otherwise both together now not sure how many years it will take to complete.

FYI... this month they have invited ~7500 applicants.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
What is that it says against Background Check? Does it still saying in progress? I am just wondering if even it says in progress, may be that background check would have completed and security in progress. Otherwise both together now not sure how many years it will take to complete.

FYI... this month they have invited ~7500 applicants.
It has been saying this: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
I know my background check has been cleared after talking to 2 CIC agents.

Fucking bullshit! They can't clear the backlog and invited 7500 applicants!!!!

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
It has been saying this: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
I know my background check has been cleared after talking to 2 CIC agents.

Fucking bullshit! They can't clear the backlog and invited 7500 applicants!!!!
At least you got some answers from CIC representative. Last time I called them, the lady was so reluctant to say anything to me. Now, if cic is not giving any ATIP notes, not giving any updates on application, not giving any certain completion dates.. then what should I do except calling the agent and asked for some updates. But, at the end, cic agents are also not giving any answers.

I’ve seen people getting PPR’s within a month with experience from outside of Canada (happy for them ). However, being an inland applicant with canadian working experiences, six months waiting seems not enough that makes me upset.

Reactions: Ivric

movais

Sep 10, 2018
At least you got some answers from CIC representative. Last time I called them, the lady was so reluctant to say anything to me. Now, if cic is not giving any ATIP notes, not giving any updates on application, not giving any certain completion dates.. then what should I do except calling the agent and asked for some updates. But, at the end, cic agents are also not giving any answers.

I’ve seen people getting PPR’s within a month with experience from outside of Canada (happy for them ). However, being an inland applicant with canadian working experiences, six months waiting seems not enough that makes me upset.
Oh yeah, it just depends what agent you get. Some agents don't give me anything, some give me. So you gotta keep trying i guess lol

Yeah i know, i don't mind the delay if they are working on it, but the application just sitting at desk is not acceptable